No announcement yet.

HPH NT-N8 RK3229 Marshmallow ROM by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new ROM should be finished today or tomorrow.
    I'm also waiting for the latest stock firmware that should be updated in a week or so that will add hundreds of improvements and bugfixes I can't add manually now.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      The new ROM should be finished today or tomorrow.
      I'm also waiting for the latest stock firmware that should be updated in a week or so that will add hundreds of improvements and bugfixes I can't add manually now.
      Nice, thanks!

Comment

New ROM v1.7 released, see OP.
        First boot takes 7-10 minutes so just be patient if nothing happens.

Comment

Is there some indication if this ROM will work on V88 (MA8-4K)? I do not care about WiFi - Ethernet is important

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Comment

There seems to be a problem if not flashed over v1.6 firmware.
            I will check for a solution, so better to wait before flashing the new firmware.

Comment

There seems to be a problem if not flashed over v1.6 firmware.
              I will check for a solution, so better to wait before flashing the new firmware.
              Yes, it bricks the unit and only a nand short can bring it back to life.
              Last edited by gefattern; 09-13-2017, 17:16. Reason: Â*

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal View Post

Yes, it bricks the unit and only a nand short can bring it back to life.
                Do you know the correct way to short the EMMC?
                Then it will save me a lot of time to test if the firmware boots correctly.

The problems seems with the bootloader that don't contain the correct drivers, if you just upgrade the firmware the old bootloader gets used but if you EraseFlash the new bootloader gets flashed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	670660

Comment

I don't, but I've asked the person who did it and told me about it to come and assist here.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123

Then it will save me a lot of time to test if the firmware boots correctly.

The problems seems with the bootloader that don't contain the correct drivers, if you just upgrade the firmware the old bootloader gets used but if you EraseFlash the new bootloader gets flashed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	670660
                    From the chap who did it.

If you look under that chip in the pic mo posted there's a line of 3 copper dots and another 2 dots, you need to short across the 2 dots.

Plug OTG cable in, short across the 2 dots and then plug the power in. I've reassembled the box so can't take pics.

You can give mo my email in pm
                    I'll PM you email now

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

For old v1.7 firmware that did not boot after doing 'EraseFlash'.

For Entering MaskROM mode(emergency fail safe recovery) do the following:
                      1. Open AndroidTool v2.39
                      2. Pry casing open at the sides, nothing under rubber pads so leave that.
                      3. Take a flat screwdriver that is big enough to fit over both yellow dots below and hold it over the dots.
                      4. Connect USB cable to OTG port.
                      5. While still holding/shorting the 2 yellow dots connect the power cable.
                      You might need to move the screwdriver tip a little backwards or forwards if nothing happens and connect power again.
                      The flashtool will say MaskROM mode found
                      Now load the firmware and do an EraseFlash, it will give a message that it finished.
                      Now do 'Upgrade' to flash the firmware.
                      It will enter recovery and wipe your device and boot the firmware, the bootvideo will play and finish with a circle.
                      Now wait around 7 minutes for the first boot to complete, if you have the blue LED light shining then everything is fine and you just need to wait.
                      The next boot will be under 30 seconds.

A bootvideo can only loop once instead of a bootanimation that loops continuously.
                      I couldn't make the bootvideo longer as the next boots will then prolong the boottime.

User Progigal helped to find MaskROM mode

Click image for larger version  Name:	img.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	671172
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	screwdriver.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.7 KB ID:	671173

If on v1.6 firmware, just do Upgrade to flash.
                      If on Lollipop firmware do 'Eraseflash' then 'Upgrade'
                      If not booting and no LED light, PC not recognizing the device enter MaskROM mode as above and do 'EraseFlash' then 'Upgrade'.
                      The new firmware was flashed around 8 times while making small changes and it booted correctly.
                      The problem seemed to be with a new bootloader that didn't contain the correct drivers(power, EMMC) for the device to boot that was taken from another ROM, thinking that it would work better as it was a newer version.

Download link of new v1.7 firmware - 16/07/2017 OP Updated
                      https://mega.nz/#!QcFD0bhb!XmVlRDGbA...5n1VN4bxPZ_q8k
                      Pass: nagrace

You can put your own bootvideo(mpeg4 with mp3 sound) in /system/media/bootvideo.mp4 for it to play on bootup or just delete it and copy a normal bootanimation consisting of jpg pictures back to /system/media/bootanimation.zip
                      Go to Accessibility Options to root and change the copied file's permission to rw rr or 0644 and reboot.
                      Normal Nougat bootanimation
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mo123; 09-16-2017, 18:17.

Comment

Love the blue phoenix on startup.
                        Will test and report back.

Comment

All good Mo123,
                          Found everything so far that one needs except....
                          Weather setting, auto I guess, location is on etc....

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Any reason why, when sitting idle (on), my firewall picks up and blocks on outgoing connection to IP 211.22.64.71???????

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal View Post
                              Any reason why, when sitting idle (on), my firewall picks up and blocks on outgoing connection to IP 211.22.64.71???????
                              Hi

You can check the /system/etc/host file and edit it, it contains ad-blocking for spam/advertising.
                              Maybe some address there corresponds to this IP.
                              You can try to make the file blank to test.
                              Use a file manager like MiXplorer, avoid ES File Explorer as it's full of spam and give bootloops if you edit files without changing the permissions.
                              Root from Accessibility Options to be able to edit this file.

Comment

Hi, mo123
                                Your latest ROM v1.7, has a translation bug in other languages. If the settings change the language, the menu language and the language in other locations does not change. Remains English... In applications, the language changes.
                                Please correct this. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X