Ugoos UT6 full 1080p firmware install on Scishion V88 with working wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos UT6 full 1080p firmware install on Scishion V88 with working wifi

Ugoos UT6 firmware is full 1080p and much more developed and stable than the generic chinese firmwares for the V88, but uses different wifi chip. 4PDA users have developed a patch to enable wifi when using the UT6 firmware on the V88.

1) Flash Ugoos UT6 1.1.1 firmware with RKAndroidTool
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

2) On first boot change Settings->App->Gear icon->Detault apps->Assist and Voice Input>-Assist App->None (otherwise changes to Google app will cause bootloop)
    3) Flash TWRP by Gemini with RKAndroidTool
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

4) Flash 6051 kernel patch in TWRP to enable wifi
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Known issues:
    -no infrared remote (UT6 doesn't have IR sensor)
    -power/sleep LED doesn't work
    -Google Play store says "App is not compatible with this version" for many apps, but they run fine by installing APK directly

Best firmware, play videos @1080 real(kernel suport 1080p), install APTOID and install all apps etc.. i instal this firmware on MXQ-4k generic, wifi, remote control off and not for games, but best for video

Comment

I did the procedure and after first reboot, everything was ok ..
      Already in the second reboot, was in bootloop
      some help?

Comment

Did you do step 2?

Comment

This is very interesting... have you tried the new 1.2 UT6 firmware? It has a "force RGB" option that I need for my old Philips TV.

-no infrared remote (UT6 doesn't have IR sensor) - The remote is totally useless anyway, has a range of about six inches.
          -power/sleep LED doesn't work - Good, it's too bright anyway.
          -Google Play store says "App is not compatible with this version" for many apps, but they run fine by installing APK directly - Good, I never use Play Store as it wrecks device performance, use apkpure.
          Last edited by DanMan; 05-12-2017, 13:46.

Comment

OK, I have UT6 v1.2 installed via RKFlashTool. I've disabled the Voice Assist thing. I've even used the force RGB option! Yes! (EDIT: I now see it doesn't appear to stick and needs to be redone with every boot... annoying)
            Now... how do I flash TWRP? I only see firmware flash in RKFlashTool?
            Actually, can the WiFi fix just be flashed from the tool anyway instead of TWRP?

EDIT2: UNBELIEVABLE. I flashed TWRP and applied the WiFi fix... now I have a super stable box with great internet. BUT the RGB fix option is now broken!!!! This sucks! Is the WiFi fix only for UT6 v1.1? It will screw around with v1.2? So I can have proper colours or internet, not a great choice!
            Last edited by DanMan; 05-15-2017, 23:51.

Comment

4 PDA say there are two different possible WiFi patches in UT6 v1.1. I will reinstall v1.2 and try the other patch. I will also try to clear cache/Davlik which I did not do after applying the patch last time. I see now my settings problem isn't just the RGB fix, the front light is back to on all the time and I can't change the resolution, basically all the settings are broken.

EDIT
              Other WiFi patch did not work. Didn't operate WiFi chip and did not mess with settings.
              Clear cache/Dalvik did not work.
              Last edited by DanMan; 05-16-2017, 23:57.

Comment

Fixed! Sort of... so what was happening was that after the WiFi patch is applied, for some reason the Color file is created as rw-r--r--. This means that the settings app can no longer edit it. So I set the permission to rw-rw-rw- and now I can apply the forced RGB colourspace and problem solved! I now have WiFi and RGB output!
                BUT this is a bit tedious to do on each boot. Maybe some scheduler can change the file permissions or something?

OK, I think the command I need is: set_perm (0,0,666) sys/class/display/hdmi/color
                I just need to find something that'll run this on boot. I might look at automating the RGB selector itself after.
                Last edited by DanMan; 05-21-2017, 20:18.

Comment

Greetings, Im trying to flash this rom but windows 10 doesn't recognize the driver for the box, it appears as unknow under device manager, so its not recognizable for the flash tool. Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Ibgo View Post
                    Greetings, Im trying to flash this rom but windows 10 doesn't recognize the driver for the box, it appears as unknow under device manager, so its not recognizable for the flash tool. Suggestions?
                    Hi Mike ,

Win 10 makes sometimes Problems with the Drivers , if possible use Win7 for that ,

always use latest Drivers 4.4 and search on Google there are Tutorials for that / to fix

the installing Problem of the Drivers in Win10 .

hope it helps

gefattern

Comment

Well the lastest drivers worked but the flashing fails... I will lurk around to find a solution

Edit: Both UT6 versions are a no go 1.2 and 1.1 fails at 99% flashing stock and the rom created by manu did flash correctly
                      Last edited by Mike Ibgo; 06-12-2017, 08:27.

Comment

Can anybody tell me how to turn of subtitles in the UT6 built in video playe? It's the best x265 player for this ROM but subs are on by default.
                        (I think it is Mplayer, if that helps)
                        Last edited by DanMan; 06-26-2017, 12:59.

Comment

​​Hello, I'm new (noob) here, I have an "MXQ-PRO" that really resembles the V88 or MX4, the AV and SPDIF pins are yellow in color. Came with a firmware full of errors, when using infrared control, it did not shut down completely, the screen was always turned on with a reddish color.

I discovered that this box would support any RK3299 base firmware with Boot 2.31 and 2.32. So I did some testing and I really liked Firmware 5.1.1 for the A95X R1. It was great, the IR controller works fine, shut down completely (Screen and Box), everything is fine.

I ended up finding this topic, I liked the possibility of having more stability in the box, so I made the firmware 1.1.1 flash for Ugoos UT6 and it was great the image, beautiful icons, well defined menus, several legal options. But when I use the option to turn off using wireless mouse or keyboard, it just shuts down the operating system.

The screen turns red and the power LED does not turn off, it glows brightly. So I wonder if it is possible to configure the system for the IR controller to work again, as well as correct the problem of not turning off the tvbox and screen.

Comment

I also have the problem with Wi-Fi, I have not tried to fix it yet, I think I will install Firmware 1.2.0 for Ugoos UT6 before and see how it behaves. I would also like to know if it is possible to plug in a Bluetooth adapter and make the box connect with my Ipega Gamepad, since this firmware has Bluetooth support.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMan View Post
                              Fixed! Sort of... so what was happening was that after the WiFi patch is applied, for some reason the Color file is created as rw-r--r--. This means that the settings app can no longer edit it. So I set the permission to rw-rw-rw- and now I can apply the forced RGB colourspace and problem solved! I now have WiFi and RGB output!
                              BUT this is a bit tedious to do on each boot. Maybe some scheduler can change the file permissions or something?

OK, I think the command I need is: set_perm (0,0,666) sys/class/display/hdmi/color
                              I just need to find something that'll run this on boot. I might look at automating the RGB selector itself after.
                              How did you fix the problem with Wi-Fi on Ugoos 1.2.0? I just installed patch2 but the Wi-Fi did not work, another annoying thing was that the blue LED OFF function (I loved this option) disappeared opting to apply the patch. Please tell me how you did, you're giving me a job to find it all on me! XD

Comment

Working...
                              X