No announcement yet.

Ugoos UT6 full 1080p firmware install on Scishion V88 with working wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. The provided TWRP is unable to mount anything, so I'm not able to patch the wifi. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hey guys check this out.
      I modded the system.img of ut6 1.2.0, I enabled root and patched the wifi.
      I also removed some apps and added others
      here https://www.mediafire.com/file/t9lld...om_mod.7z/file
      It's safe to try on your RK3229 device.
      Try it out and post your opinions.

Comment

The only Issue is that most remote buttons aren't working, only Ok, direction keys, home, back, mouse, menu are working.
        Numbers, letters, color keys, volume, skip forward, skip backward aren't working.

If you know how i can make all remote buttons work please share with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull_Face_2077 View Post
          Hey guys check this out.
          I modded the system.img of ut6 1.2.0, I enabled root and patched the wifi.
          I also removed some apps and added others
          here https://www.mediafire.com/file/t9lld...om_mod.7z/file
          It's safe to try on your RK3229 device.
          Try it out and post your opinions.
          I will try! Thanks alot! If it works I hope to get a real TV box!!!!

Comment

Don't worry it will work and it wont brick the device because it wont touch the loader, that was the biggest problem with roms here, roms without proper boot and loader brick devices.
            I learned the hard way i bricked my device but thankfully i found a method to revive it by shorting two pins on the right of the NAND Chip to put the box in maskrom mode.
            Phew i thought i lost the box...
            my local seller advertised it as Amlogic S905 but i got Rockhip damn it.
            I am not able to refund it and I can't get a good price on used ads sites.
            I had one option, fix that crappy box and figure a way to make the it more usable, I pushed my self hard, recovered the device, searched a lot and tested a lot of things, and in the end i finally did it.
            It turned out to be easy but unknown.
            oh BTW you can force the whole device to be 1080p by simple commands.

In the terminal
            su
            wm scaling off
            wm size 1920x1080

you only need to do it one time and on each reboot you will have 1080P.
            Root can't be enable so I replaced some files manually to make the box rooted by default.
            It's not a perfect rom mod but it's a start.

I tested kodi 18.1 and its slow and stuttering.
            Ugoos kodi(=RKMC!) and FTMC work fine and smooth as both have support for RK video acceleration, both are kodi 16.x though.

System UI app had a conflict with google app, always spaming Error msg system ui has stopped i will test by removing some google apps from the img and see if it will work, anyway i removed the system ui app and the only isuue is the black background, you can use live wallpapers to make it look cooler.

I took a break now and will use the device, the only thing missing is the remote control, a lot of keys aren't working, only basic keys (menu, direction keys,OK,.....etc) are working.

Comment

If i got AMLOGIC S905 device i could have flashed LibreELEC on it and saved the day, too bad.
              Just Luck :/

Comment

If anyone has Twrp rknand img from 4PDA please share as the links are dead, rknand should work on my box, at least i will test it.

Comment

Hey guys, can someone make a boot.img for this firmware, but having 2gb/8gb? thanks

Comment

My TV BOX: T95D Android TV Box Rockchip RK3229 Quad Core BT4.0 RAM 2GB DDR3 ROM 8GB 2.4GHz
                    Hi Everyone We have created this thread to collect all the NAND pin Short to Mask ROM Mode locations for all our members. Because firmware comes on android

I have installed this ROM via RK Dev Tool v2.52 and it bricks this TV box.
                    I need to perform NAND short pin method to bring the box in masked mode and then install another rom.

Comment

Working...
                    X