No announcement yet.

V88 & MA8-4K Android TV 6.0.1 ROM (1GB/8GB SV6051) w/Live Channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think its problem about autoupdate google play and i dont know if its possible to disable autoupdate in rom directly

Comment

Ok I have a new V88 (RK3229) Android TV ROM for you guys. Some of you will like it and those of you that like Google Play will probably hate it. But it's fast and clean.

Stripped down for speed – if you want a clean, fast ROM with which to watch video, and don’t want the usual bloat and bugs that come from adaptations of Google Play Store on rooted and generic boxes (i.e. slow, apps stop installing/updating after time), this ROM is for you. Even when Play store works it's slow as molasses. And the box runs much faster without all the Google bits.

The V88/RK3229 with 1GB is a very slow platform to run Android TV on so this is a compromise to get decent performance. If you absolutely need Google services, Play Store, etc. this is not your ROM. If all you want to do is watch video and stream audio with the great Android TV user experience, and are ok with sideloading or Aptoide TV marketplace to install your apps, read on.
      All Google service hooks and frameworks stripped out. Except:
      • Google for Android TV (Katniss) remains along with the wake word framework libs so hypothetically voice search should work with a suitable remote but no guarantees. GoogleTTS included in case.
        Latest 11.x Google Play Services is installed solely just to be there for those Android TV apps that check for its presence to install/run.
      • NOTE: Due to how this ROM is stripped you will get regular Play Services error messages if you don’t disable Play Services ***so do this first after install*** - go into Settings, Apps, Google Play Services, and disable. Non Google apps will still install and run fine.
      • No Play store – latest Aptoide TV is installed instead
      • Latest Leanback Launcher
      • Latest Google WebView
      • Working Netflix installed
      • Youtube for ATV 1.3.11 instead of slow 2.x
      • Netflix leanback shortcut installed
      • TV App Repo installed for you to make your own leanback shortcuts
      • Latest SuperSU (2.79) installed
      • Navigation Bar removed in build.prop. Statusbar remains, use Hide System Bar to get rid of Statusbar. Unless someone is able to sign framework-res.apk with the correct key I don't know how to do it within the ROM itself.
      Based on Korelkopp’s ATV version of the 12-2017 V88 ROM found on this thread.

IMG file - Clean flash with FactoryTool or Android Tool. Tested on 1GB V88’s with RK3229 and SV6051. Should work for MA8-4K and probably some other RK3229 boxes.

Revised (V2): Reverted back to older Play Services and WebView to fix errors in some apps.

LINK:
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
      Last edited by PaulieP; 01-16-2018, 18:45.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieP View Post
        Ok I have a new V88 (RK3229) Android TV ROM for you guys. Some of you will like it and those of you that like Google Play will probably hate it. But it's fast and clean.

Stripped down for speed – if you want a clean, fast ROM with which to watch video, and don’t want the usual bloat and bugs that come from adaptations of Google Play Store on rooted and generic boxes (i.e. slow, apps stop installing/updating after time), this ROM is for you. Even when Play store works it's slow as molasses. And the box runs much faster without all the Google bits.

The V88/RK3229 with 1GB is a very slow platform to run Android TV on so this is a compromise to get decent performance. If you absolutely need Google services, Play Store, etc. this is not your ROM. If all you want to do is watch video and stream audio with the great Android TV user experience, and are ok with sideloading or Aptoide TV marketplace to install your apps, read on.
        • Google for Android TV (Katniss) remains along with the wake word framework libs so hypothetically voice search should work with a suitable remote but no guarantees. GoogleTTS included in case.
          Latest 11.x Google Play Services is installed solely just to be there for those Android TV apps that check for its presence to install/run.
        • NOTE: Due to how this ROM is stripped you will get regular Play Services error messages if you don’t disable Play Services ***so do this first after install*** - go into Settings, Apps, Google Play Services, and disable. Non Google apps will still install and run fine.
        • Latest Google WebView
        • Navigation Bar removed in build.prop. Statusbar remains, use Hide System Bar to get rid of Statusbar. Unless someone is able to sign framework-res.apk with the correct key I don't know how to do it within the ROM itself.

IMG file - Clean flash with FactoryTool or Android Tool. Tested on 1GB V88’s with RK3229 and SV6051. Should work for MA8-4K and probably some other RK3229 boxes.

LINK:
        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
        It works very well and very fast on my R329Q_V.2.0 board (MXQ 4k clone).

The only big issue I have is that I can't make MX Player runs, because of some issues with Google Play (it tells something like MX Player needs to be autenticated from Google Play).

Comment

Originally posted by DS-1 View Post

The only big issue I have is that I can't make MX Player runs, because of some issues with Google Play (it tells something like MX Player needs to be autenticated from Google Play).
          Hmm ok. Had not used MX Player. I am about to upload a revision. Had to revert back to older WebView and Play Services as there were other bugs - TED TV and Terrarium would crash or not play for example. Let me know if you find others that don't work. Is this the free MX or is it the "registered" MX?

Comment

Try this one

LINK:

Comment

Hmm ok. Had not used MX Player. I am about to upload a revision. Had to revert back to older WebView and Play Services as there were other bugs - TED TV and Terrarium would crash or not play for example. Let me know if you find others that don't work. Is this the free MX or is it the "registered" MX?
              It was the free one, tomorrow I'll try this.

Is the led working on your box? On mine the blue led shows at boot, then disappear. I haven't tested it in standby, but I believe that is showing in standby and not showing while is on.

BTW, is there any 7.1 AndroidTV image for our box?

Comment

Is the led working on your box? On mine the blue led shows at boot, then disappear. I haven't tested it in standby, but I believe that is showing in standby and not showing while is on.

Have you tried it, found any other issues?

Yes the LED function is incorrect, I don' t know enough about modding the kernel/boot to fix it.

I have not seen an RK3229 Android 7 rom but apparently they are out there for RK3328 / RK322H

Comment

People can look at these and see if these ROMS have any compatible bits

Comment

Nougat roms for RK3229 - you guys can try these to see what can be used

Comment

LeelboxRK-8703[/B]-7.1nv3-Kodi-1225: https://mega.nz/#!wrwyXYxD!0q0yVDFfT...FRiFYl_mUkVbTE

I can confirm - this is a 7.1.2 ROM that works for the V88 1GB SV6051. Wifi and IR Remote both work.

Resolution is still funky like most other RK3229 box roms (seems like only the UT6 firmware renders real 1080P) but nothing different than what you're already used to with the V88.

Also no errors with hardware decoding (i.e. no black screen in Mobdro with HW decoding "on") like other V88 ROMs.

Will try to port this one to ATV as well. I'll make a stripped one for speed and maybe one of you guys can make one with full Play Store functionality.

Comment

• Latest Google WebView

Revised (V2): Reverted back to older Play Services and WebView to fix errors in some apps.

LINK:
                        https://mega.nz/#!pDomTKQL!VgZen6Dgd...jKnkGsx2KT57dg
                        Great work PaulieP the rom is very stable and fast. I have been using it for a while and did not face any crashes or app installation problems.

There are 2 questions I need to ask.

1) How can I change the launcher? I have installed Nova Launcher and also changed the launcher in settings > home but still it does not change from the default leanback launcher
                        2) I am trying to play 720p mkv video file on MXPlayer, but its not very smooth. The resolution is not as good and there are few jerks every now and then. How to get the maximum out of the device?

Comment

FYI for everyone, though there are a few other places, if you want to get a few native Android TV apps and stop using smartphone/tablet versions, APKMirror has some:

Comment

Originally posted by kewlfaraz View Post

Great work PaulieP the rom is very stable and fast. I have been using it for a while and did not face any crashes or app installation problems.

There are 2 questions I need to ask.

1) How can I change the launcher? I have installed Nova Launcher and also changed the launcher in settings > home but still it does not change from the default leanback launcher
                            2) I am trying to play 720p mkv video file on MXPlayer, but its not very smooth. The resolution is not as good and there are few jerks every now and then. How to get the maximum out of the device?
                            Thanks. Glad it's working well.

No idea how to change the launcher and get it to stick, unfortunately.

I don't know how to fix that.

The problem with a lot of these V88 and similar RK3229 roms is that the kernel is garbage and is set to do 720p and upscale to 1080, and video acceleration is off.

The only box that is using a good kernel is the Ugoos, but despite a million posts no one yet has posted a complete working rom for V88 based on Ugoos' ROM. or TWRP dump, after getting WiFi working. There are claims remote is fixed but I have not seen anyone who has claimed to have gotten the remote working, post an actual direct link or finished ROM, only links to posts in Russian on 4PDA.

Likely it's only a rom based on the Ugoos rom that is going to give good video quality and acceleration.

Comment

what is the resolution of the nougat image of PaulieP and did you try FTMC with Hardware Acceleration?

LeelboxRK-8703[/B]-7.1nv3-Kodi-1225: https://mega.nz/#!wrwyXYxD!0q0yVDFfT...FRiFYl_mUkVbTE

I actually need these V88 Mini Boxes just as a media streamer for my Enigma2 Receivers. But for this I need the PVR-Plugin for Vuplus devices and that's always the issue in the existing RKMC builds and so on. But I read the RK3229 is strong enough to handle up to 250 Mbit/s 4k 60fps Material... So hopefully someone finds a way to port it for our model.

I also own some Amlogic Boxes and I have the slight feeling the picture quality of RK is better even when we have this crappy support.

So is the image usable for at least FullHD Material and FullHD Resolution?

Comment

Hey, I just bought a V88 Mars from Gearbest (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_921416.html), but for my unlucky fortune, the frickin' box comes with android 7.1 and NO ROOT access.
                                Meaning: FTMC + Hardware acceleration = Nope! Error! Go Away!
                                So... No HD films for this one...
                                Wireless update shows it's in latest version, so that's a no go.
                                Can I install this custom firmware into the box?
                                Is it safe to downgrade it from 7.1 to this version so that I can have root and hardware acceleration on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X