V88 & MA8-4K Android TV 6.0.1 ROM (1GB/8GB SV6051) w/Live Channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V88 & MA8-4K Android TV 6.0.1 ROM (1GB/8GB SV6051) w/Live Channels

EDITED: New version. For the older version I put out read below in OLD POST section.

Ok I have a new V88 (RK3229) Android TV ROM for you guys. Some of you will like it and those of you that like Google Play will probably hate it. But it's fast and clean.

Stripped down for speed – if you want a clean, fast ROM with which to watch video, and don’t want the usual bloat and bugs that come from adaptations of Google Play Store on rooted and generic boxes (i.e. slow, apps stop installing/updating after time), this ROM is for you. Even when Play store works it's slow as molasses. And the box runs much faster without all the Google bits.

The V88/RK3229 with 1GB is a very slow platform to run Android TV on so this is a compromise to get decent performance. If you absolutely need Google services, Play Store, etc. this is not your ROM. If all you want to do is watch video and stream audio with the great Android TV user experience, and are ok with sideloading or Aptoide TV marketplace to install your apps, read on.
    All Google service hooks and frameworks stripped out. Except:
    • Google for Android TV (Katniss) remains along with the wake word framework libs so hypothetically voice search should work with a suitable remote but no guarantees. GoogleTTS included in case.
      Latest 11.x Google Play Services is installed solely just to be there for those Android TV apps that check for its presence to install/run.
    • NOTE: Due to how this ROM is stripped you will get regular Play Services error messages if you don’t disable Play Services ***so do this first after install*** - go into Settings, Apps, Google Play Services, and disable. Non Google apps will still install and run fine.
    • No Play store – latest Aptoide TV is installed instead
    • Latest Leanback Launcher
    • Latest Google WebView
    • Working Netflix installed
    • Youtube for ATV 1.3.11 instead of slow 2.x
    • Netflix leanback shortcut installed
    • TV App Repo installed for you to make your own leanback shortcuts
    • Latest SuperSU (2.79) installed
    • Navigation Bar removed in build.prop. Statusbar remains, use Hide System Bar to get rid of Statusbar. Unless someone is able to sign framework-res.apk with the correct key I don't know how to do it within the ROM itself.
    Based on Korelkopp’s ATV version of the 12-2017 V88 ROM found on this thread.

IMG file - Clean flash with FactoryTool or Android Tool. Tested on 1GB V88’s with RK3229 and SV6051. Should work for MA8-4K and probably some other RK3229 boxes like various MXQ versions, other boxes with MX4N PCBs.

Revised (V2): Reverted back to older Play Services and WebView to fix errors in some apps.

LINK:
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

OLD POST:
    Just finished a new 6.01 Marshmallow-based Android TV ROM / IMG for the V88 1GB/8GB, SV6051 (not Realtek) version.

Android TV ROM for V88 & MA8-4K 1GB/8GB 6.0.1_MXC89L
    by PaulieP

V88_MA8-4K_ATV_rk3229_SV6051_6.0.1_MXC89L_20170405.IMG

This will flash fine on SV6051 equipped V88's. And also the MA8-4K boxes which are a smaller clone.

Flash the way you like, but preferably using RK AndroidTool, and hit the EraseFlash button first before starting just to make sure. Takes a long time for first boot after flash, maybe 5-8 minutes.

Features:
    Live Channels works (will error initially, once you add Pluto TV or anything else with live channels, on next reset it works as it should)
    Latest Play Store for ATV, latest Google Play Services for ATV (836), latest Google for ATV/Katniss app, and latest Leanback Launcher (1.10.x)
    Nearly all major bloatware stripped out, might still be a bit here or there
    Remote and Wi-Fi working
    Rooted and SuperSU in place
    HDMI Bitstream out (haven't tested 100%)
    TV App Repo preinstalled
    Backdrop for Daydream (should work but havent tested)
    Build.prop properly edited with TV configuration settings
    Build.prop edited to spoof the Nexus Player (fugu)
    Includes Play Store, CM File Explorer, Hide Statusbar, Youtube 1.3.X Leanback (2.x is buggy)
    Log in to Play Store works great. Havent tested downloads/updates so if it doesnt work, tell me how to fix it since I've no clue.

Based on rk3229_6.0_box_MX4N_SSV6051p_SpecTek_flash-update_20170405.img, OpenGapps TVStock, and Manu Manu's original V88 ATV ROM posted here at Freaktab.
    Build.prop will report a later build but yes, the codebase within is actually 20170405.

This is fairly stripped down. Add apps as you like. Just meant to be something clean and working.

What's not there / to fix:
    Voice Recorder (and I don't think Voice Search works properly)
    Chromecast/AndroidMediaShell (will never work on this hardware)
    Android TV Remote (couldnt get it to not throw errors)
    Probably DRM isnt fixed for proper ATV/Leanback Netflix (and long term Netflix is determined to break it on all rooted and unofficial devices anyway)
    Second Screen Setup (meh, let's save space and memory instead)
    Bluetooth bits (the box doesnt have BT anyway)
    A bunch of preinstalled stuff and legacy apps
    Home key on IR remote doesnt work - but this is consistent to Android TV retrofits on other boxes too. Basically a remap needs to be done in the remote configuration files for ATV's "home" function. I dont know enough to be able to do it. Otherwise D-pad on the remote, back, OK, volume, power, and All Apps shortcut key all work.

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://mega.nz/#!sHBVUCCB!OGsrDKbVi...DKsr6CTsV2le98

Edited: Link Fixed! IMG updated to fix apk uninstall error.

I take no responsibility if it doesnt work, you dont like it, your house catches fire, etc.

To Do:

Nothing I'm done messing with it. However if someone wants to use it as a template to fix/add what I couldnt, or create something with a newer/faster base from the two newer ROMs out there (below), feel free. Just please post your upgrades here in this thread so it all stays in one place.

https://yadi.sk/d/veU_J9Td3LjxFR - rk3229_6.0_MX4N_SSV6051p_zhongx_20170616_v017_Spec tek
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3pwTEVvUlIzWDA - MV2.20170524

Good luck
    Last edited by PaulieP; 01-16-2018, 18:47.

Hello,
    Thanks for this update.

Comment

I just return from holidays and test your rom.
      Nothing is working.
      Can't connect to Play Store.
      Live channel crash.
      Do you test the rom ?????

Comment

Originally posted by manu_manu4 View Post
        I just return from holidays and test your rom.
        Nothing is working.
        Can't connect to Play Store.
        Live channel crash.
        Do you test the rom ?????
        Yes live channels works fine for me. You have to install something that actually uses live channels like Pluto tv, and open and use those apps, and then on next boot live channels will still give an error on boot, but when you run it it will be normal.

Comment

rk3229_6.0_MX4N_SSV6051p_zhongx_20170616_v017_Spec tek
          File download limit exceeded. You can only save it to Yandex.Disk
          Can you fix it?.
          Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Caos1919 View Post
            rk3229_6.0_MX4N_SSV6051p_zhongx_20170616_v017_Spec tek
            File download limit exceeded. You can only save it to Yandex.Disk
            Can you fix it?.
            Thank You.
            Sorry, it was not my link, have not found another working mirror for the firmware.

Hopefully someone out there has a newer V88 Marshmallow firmware for us to base an Android TV ROM on?

Comment

how can you fix the resolution? i did check calibration section in setting but it wont open. any idea? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DhiJay23 View Post
                how can you fix the resolution? i did check calibration section in setting but it wont open. any idea? thanks
                Do you mean the resolution or screen scale/zoom?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieP View Post

Do you mean the resolution or screen scale/zoom?
                  Sorry I managed to figure out to change the screen scale. Thank you.

Comment

Is on-screen home button working the one on screen which we can press with mouse? For me neither home button working nor app switcher button

Comment

PaulieP , may I ask you a question?

Is it difficult to extract wifi and lan drivers from a ROM and write it to another one?

I have a rk3229 with R329Q_V2.0 board (this one: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...xq-4k-firmware) that I bought bricked and that has no circulating ROM online.

It works only with the ROM from a tv stick (mk809iv), that has different wifi and lan chip.

I know that my board has 6051p wireless chip, while I dunno what ethernet chip it has.

Is it possible to extract at least 6051p drivers from another ROM and put it into the only one working ROM circulating for this box?

Thanks in advance for the reply! ;-)

Comment

i installed it on my SCISHION mini v88 4k xt--MX4MN-V12 works perfect.
                        ..only issue i cant seem to run play store..
                        Nice work thanx..

Comment

DS-1 did you manage to get your device running, this romm work on it. If you need help let me know

Comment

Originally posted by m2farid View Post
                            DS-1 did you manage to get your device running, this romm work on it. If you need help let me know
                            When my box was "alive", I tried it, but it didn't work.

Dunno why, maybe there's something different between mine and yours.

Comment

hi please its will be possible to make this for V88 image rk3229_6.0_box_MX4VR_SSV6051p_SpecTek_flash_tongw_ V88_RKMC-update_20171208
                              jink here https://mega.nz/#!QDwFnIzL!w0x2Qb_0a...1Vo45RjAEWnLJ4
                              or how to do this i tryied this http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...ox-pro-h96-pro
                              but i stuck on step 3 installing apks
                              thanks in advance for your answer

Comment

Working...
                              X