No announcement yet.

V88 & MA8-4K Android TV 6.0.1 ROM (1GB/8GB SV6051) w/Live Channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi thanks for the hint. I tried both. Unfortunately Google Play services were still closed always also after reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by suppenkasper View Post
      Hi thanks for the hint. I tried both. Unfortunately Google Play services were still closed always also after reboot.

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/...fhyde7_jpg.htm
      Using your phone try to get to the beta testers program then update the ap for sure you will be fine after

Comment

This ROM works great, way better than the original 7.1 I had originally on my box. However it has 2GB of RAM and with this it only recognizes half of it. Is there a way to make it access all of the memory? Thanjs

Comment

Originally posted by markinhosmrk View Post
          This ROM works great, way better than the original 7.1 I had originally on my box. However it has 2GB of RAM and with this it only recognizes half of it. Is there a way to make it access all of the memory? Thanjs
          Yes there is but it is somehow dificult, you need to install twrp recovery and the install the original firmware then make a back up of the boot Partition hten you install this firmware and replace the boot partition with the one you backup early Make sure that both firmware are on the same android version i belive thats 6 Marshmellow, and everytime you flash all your partitions and data will be erased so you need to use external storage in every step, be carefull wile installing twrp becouse in some rk3229 devices is hard to detect partitions, there ios a tutorial on how to don this on 4pda forum check it out for more details, if you are not sure on how to install twrp don't do it you will brick your box, becouse some RK3229 devices are dificult to detect partitions properly

Comment

Hi friends, my device fits this software according to your specifications. But the bluetooth feature of my device is disabled. Please help.

rk3229 2gb / 16gb
            6051p
            Bluetooth 4.1
            mx4vr-01

throw a dice online

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post

go to Apps sheesh for Google Play services app, click to open its properties clear cache and reboot, everything should be fine now if not reboot to recovery and wipe cache partition
              suppenkasper and hcardoso483 -

None of that is valid, you guys didn't read my instructions in the ROM release posts, I was very specific that almost all things Play and Google were stripped as all they do is slow this underpowered box down hugely. The reboottorecovery and wiping cache will not fix this.

I also posted the fix instructions in the announcement post. :

"NOTE: Due to how this ROM is stripped you will get regular Play Services error messages if you don’t disable Play Services ***so do this first after install*** - go into Settings, Apps, Google Play Services, and disable. Non Google apps will still install and run fine."

The rom runs clean and fast because all of the Google bits that are stripped out. Sideload your apps or use Aptoide.

Comment

Bluetooth was stripped from the ROM as it isn't on the 1GB V88 that the rom was built for.

You will need to unpack another v88 marshmallow ROM, take the Bluetooth directory in either system app or system priv-app , copy it to the same on your box using a file manager with root access, then set the permissions on the files and Bluetooth directory the same as similar directories in the app and priv-app folders. Then reboot or FR and reboot. If it still doesn't work then you may need to dig in the build.prop file for how to enable it.

I don't have any of these boxes or ROMs anymore so I can't recompile anything, but the above should work

Originally posted by sukru18 View Post
                Hi friends, my device fits this software according to your specifications. But the bluetooth feature of my device is disabled. Please help.

rk3229 2gb / 16gb
                6051p
                Bluetooth 4.1
                mx4vr-01

throw a dice online

Comment

Hello PaulieP;n767779] How are you, Unfortunatly i don't own this device anymore, but the crash fix on recovery in deed works, maybe you have expirienced something diferent on early versions of the Play Services App but in my expirience your rom waqs working well with no issues now and then sometime i could get som error and forced closes but like i saied early simply by clear cache on recovery wold solve the problem temporarly, and i never said it was a fix but is a walk arrownd, Cheers Mate See you arround. Best..Regards

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post
                    Hello PaulieP;n767779] How are you, Unfortunatly i don't own this device anymore, but the crash fix on recovery in deed works, maybe you have expirienced something diferent on early versions of the Play Services App but in my expirience your rom waqs working well with no issues now and then sometime i could get som error and forced closes but like i saied early simply by clear cache on recovery wold solve the problem temporarly, and i never said it was a fix but is a walk arrownd, Cheers Mate See you arround. Best..Regards
                    "go to Apps sheesh for Google Play services app, click to open its properties clear cache and reboot, everything should be fine now if not reboot to recovery and wipe cache partition"

Thanks but I mentioned that this isnt valid because it wont work for everyone and on top of that it is more work and more steps than what I posted.

-- if you are already in the Apps properties dialog, you are already there on the same screen where the Disable button is to disable Play Services as I mentioned. This is immediate and fixes the problem permanently. without having to reboot, get into recovery, wipe cache partition etc. That's what I meant. There's no need to do any of that, it's more trouble, more time, and more hassle, than simply disabling Play Services as I told people to do.

Beyond that, leaving Play Services enabled helps bog down the box. So, the things that make it fast are the disabling and eliminating of all things Google, none of this is a bug.

Hopefully someone is taking up the mantle for Nougat and Oreo roms, I don't use the boxes anymore. Sideloading onto nexus Players works great now, no hassles and the units are inexpensive.

Comment

Working...
                    X