No announcement yet.

Debian on rk3229 is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you have picture of uart pins on MX4N ? i can give you console log. it working ok on SD card boot. i also trying boot off internal emmc without success. using this method https://github.com/respeaker/get_sta..._flash_emmc.md

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190701_094540.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.5 KB ID:	777232ok let do a thing : since for me i hanging , I suspect different environment/miniloader

here the photos but please share EXACT android firmware version, or even better put your on a share site or send me with wetransfer.com please

Uart is hidden and on othe side of pcb

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190701_094739.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.1 KB ID:	777231
      Attached Files

Comment

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

which image are testing on? could i have download link. i want to test that too.
        Last edited by Jimmylamz; 07-01-2019, 17:01.

Comment

Originally posted by fabiobassa View Post
          hello @Jimmylamz, very good morning

What do you mean
          Code:
          without kernel hang[B][/B]
          , can be more precise ?

Anyway yes my board is working with Android and also with other kernels and rootfs compiled from other studies

I don't know if cross posting is allowed but take a look at this big, big, big work of mr. Justin Swartz.

the problem actually is just cloning into internal emmc becuase actually it isn't recognized by loader

HTML Code:
          https://github.com/jhswartz/rk3229

Great work, thank you!

Comment

neomode

You and all friends from forum are absolutely welcome.
            I had just doubts to post external link

​​​​​​@Jimmylanz

The work going on that GitHub from Jystin Swartz is a good state: booting from card even newest boards with 2 giga 16 giga . And thanks to Justin all OPEN SOURCE

Focus now is why internal emmc not recognized (yet) so will concentrate efforts on this aspects.
            Anyway the build you illustrated me has good behaviour but now emmc is a MUST

Comment

Jimmylamz

Sorry forgot to say that image is respeaker IOT sdcard since I want to use as headless server

Comment

Hello,

So I think the Problem with the emmc is a missing Driver in the Kernel they are using.
                As far as I know, has the Linux for RK332x an emmc driver.
                Let?s check if this brings some light.

Neomode

Comment

neomode
                  that driver in mainline and also propeitary blob always missing a piece( once an include, other a link..)
                  i am not a programmer but a good tester/hardware screener so hope that mistery will be solver
                  ​​​

Comment

I see, I want also play the game and grabbed out my rk board from 2017.
                    And it booted right away from SD Card.
                    Amazing how fast it is.
                    Ethernet works too.
                    I will post pictures later on and dive into this more. Sounds like fun

Comment

@ neomode hi . which image are you using? linaro ? can i have a download link please. i just want to see . is there any improve on youtube playback.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmylamz View Post
                        @ neomode hi . which image are you using? linaro ? can i have a download link please. i just want to see . is there any improve on youtube playback.
                        Hello,

I use the Debian 9 lxde Image from here:

Regards
                        Neomode

Comment

Yes it is fast and consider running from a sd card.

Now try to image how could be from internal emmc.

BUT if you both are interested , give a try at the procedure described in that github, go from scratch, compile and install Devuan, a derivative from Debian but withouth systemd and you'll realized what " fast" means.

Of course not exactly for faint of heart, but give it a look

Comment

Yes it is fast and consider running from a sd card.

Now try to image how could be from internal emmc.

BUT if you both are interested , give a try at the procedure described in that github, go from scratch, compile and install Devuan, a derivative from Debian but withouth systemd and you'll realized what " fast" means.

Of course not exactly for faint of heart, but give it a look
                            Yes will do that also.
                            But first I try to find a solution for the emmc problem.
                            Maybe compiling an new kernel helps.
                            Let's see.

Neomode

Comment

give a try at the procedure described in that github, go from scratch,
                              instruction unclear. tried compile that twice and i gave up
                              https://github.com/jhswartz/rk3229 if you can give me compiled image. ready to burn image that would be great. so i could help you out . i have 3 boxes 3229.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1160
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	777287

Comment

Okay, here we go again.
                                I dived in the Respeaker Linux Image.
                                Have to say it is a good one lot of Drivers inside.
                                Will see what I can do with it to get it to Boot on other Devices too.
                                We can exchange the dtb inside to make it more compatible.
                                Can somebody post his dtb files?

Neomode

Comment

Working...
                                X