No announcement yet.

Debian on rk3229 is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also tried to boot armbian with minimal version boots fine some small erors, full desktop one kernel panik I think cause of missing kernel modules, did you load Ethernet and WiFi drivers in your distro ?

Comment

How did you get respeaker normaly running, I compiled loader and uboot, modified boot partition to load linux from correct place but during the boot I'm getting kernel panic what dtb you used with it and did you use precompiled respeaker kernel ??

Comment

It depends on boards
        vx4r will boot respeaker 4.4.138 respeaker0 without any problem , with its original dtb

Ethernet is working, WiFi actually not

We must check better dtb

Comment

What about Radxa Rock 2 as I understud they even got HW decoding working.

Comment

x
            Sorry for late replay

But raxda rock 2 isn't Rk3229

Comment

Some updates, ran android 9 on it I would say to slow no sence to use it best performance wise 7.1, linux is running good, installed on couple of boxes to run from internal flash one as home assistant another one and experemental server with some specific apps but still android runs much faster, so using them mostly as madia boxes...have one on 905 CPU speed not even comparable with this one.

Comment

HK1 Mini Android TV Box Rockchip RK3229 with firmware KingboxRK-8703-7.1nv3-kodi-1225. How to launch from an SD card rk3229 respeaker-Debian-9-LXQt-SD-20180801-4GB.img .xz

Comment

Actually those new boards are not supported since they use a loader for new ddr , respeaker has a loader for ddr quite old.

you can try to tie to ground the pin 6/7 of emmc or wait for some new discovery since I am actually working on new boards

Comment

Originally posted by scottmu64 View Post
                    Tried this ReSpeaker Linux IMG on my old schision V88 tv box and it boots and runs, Ethernet only mind.

Great to see some efforts made around the 3229, would love to see LibreELEC run one day.
                    LibreELEC for RK3229/RK3228

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=92717418

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/21...528#post132528

Comment

yeah it fantastic news regarding the 3229

Comment

mary2ooo

i've seen that post about librelec and those guys have made big effort and my compliments to them

But ...... librelec is not a linux distro. What is my fantasy to achive is some magic mix of nice linux and ALSO multimedia

just my 2 cents thought

Comment

Originally posted by fabiobassa View Post
                          or wait for some new discovery since I am actually working on new boards
                          When do you plan to make a new Linux image?

Comment

mary2ooo

as previously said i will NEVER release precompiled linux images, you have to compile by yourself since I don't want any responsability for bricking , malware, hidden backports or other malware in compilation.

Don't want to advertize other forums but here

HTML Code:
                            https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12401-long-story-linux-on-rk3229-rockchip
                            and here
                            HTML Code:
                            https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-wip-armbian-for-rk322x-devices
                            there are detailled infos how compile and install on boards. As you can see there are BIG efforts to bring linux on those boards but actually working only few persons, may be 2... Contributors, developers welcome

BTW i want to repeat that actually is all working except a decent support for medias. still needed investigation on X server performance

actually TESTED board working , the relevant dtbs will be published day by day when they will be mature for installing

mx4vr emmc work in progress
                            mx4vr nand work in progress
                            r329q version 2.0 nand dtb already developed
                            r329q version 3.0 nand dtb already developed
                            chip trip ( by original android rom rk3229_7.1_MX4VB_SSV6051p_zhongx_20171209_v011_Spe ctek.zip ) work in progress

commercial names (hk1 , shishion, piano , mxq pro) are nonsense, just commercial

Comment

Originally posted by fabiobassa View Post
                              On tv box HK1 Mini put the firmware MXQ-4K firmware for the R329Q_v3.1 Board, everything works.
                              This firmware
                              http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=84544428

Download link for version r329q version 3.0 nand dtb already developed.
                              Last edited by mary2ooo; 01-19-2020, 18:13.

Comment

excuse me mary2ooo , but what firmware is this?

is that android ?

Comment

Working...
                                X