Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debian on rk3229 is it possible?

Hello friends!
    I have a TV player based on RK3229 (model mk809iv)
    I wanted to run debian on him.
    I already got root access and unlocked the bootloader.
    I wanted to try booting linux from an sd card but ...
    My problem is that I can not get it to boot from an SD card. It is left with the black screen with any sd card in the reader. I suppose it will be a limitation on the bootloader.

The other option would be to flash a rom with linux, but I do not know which one can go well for my device.
    Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you

Gabriel

Asked him to rockchip, if it was going to liberate source code of rk3229 and this one was his response.
    " Rockchip kernel 4.4 and U-Boot on github has already support RK3229, you can use it. It's able to get into shell, but not support display and graphic now, they will comes later. "

Comment

I do not see this happening on the terrible chip.
      Hope I am wrong.
      Might make it worth while using.
      Cheers
      Kevin

Comment

thanks friends for your answers. anyway i broke my mini pc.
        After unlocking the bootloader I uploaded a wrong boot.img and I have no way to reconnect.
        then I buy a raspbian pi and I am very happy.

Comment

Hello,

So the RK3328 has Support for Linux.
          I think it will be possible to bring Linux to that Chip.
          Also, Rockchip brings all to Open Source.

PINE64 is a large, vibrant and diverse community and creates software, documentation and projects.

Neomode

Comment

Hello, I'm following this interesting 3ad since I own a bunch of rk3229 based tvboxes.
            Found this project https://respeaker.io/rk3229_core/ and I believe the core "should " work even on a tvbox but unfortunately the board is not even booting with NONE of prebuild images

Is anyone capable of booting linux on rk3229 ?

I'm not interested in video/iptv stuff but would like to have a hedless linux running on this chip
            Anyone?

Comment

fabiobassa any news? i need linux running on this chip too.

Comment

Jimmylamz unfortunately yet no infos how to boot and run Linux on those

Keep waiting

Comment

fabiobassa update * i found respeaker core 2 desktop working. rk3229 . here is the links.

i tested sd card image works great.

respeaker-debian-9-lxqt-sd-20180801-4gb.img.xz

Finally i found some useful of $15 boxes i own.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	rk3229.jpg
Views:	3697
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	777143

Comment

@Jimmylamz

I already had that link and the problem is some implementation of the watchdog and internal emmc recognizing on my board.

On my board exactly after 30 seconds happens a kernel hang , as I see from uart connected

Please could you say me if you see the internal emmc maybe wih lsblk and EXACTLY what board and model have you?

ty so much

Comment

my board OTTO MXQ MX4N v02. it wont detect internal emmc also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=776624&d=1561178369.jpg
Views:	3562
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	777154

Comment

Well we have same environment , such as quick mask rom enabler and also some board !

The problem in not recognizing the internal emmc is the BOOT LOADER compiled from respeaker , I am trying to mix down original bootloader with linux kernel and roots but still tweaking

Comment

@Jimmylamz

are you sure that the board is working for long time ? or after 30 seconds hangs ?

Comment

yes . without kernel hang. i installed Xfce LXDE no problem. audio works.

are you sure your board is working ok on android? might be hardware problem.

im trying to compile kernel from respeaker git. still cant figure it out howto decompress source code bz2 file with out error.

Comment

hello @Jimmylamz, very good morning

What do you mean
                              Code:
                              without kernel hang[B][/B]
                              , can be more precise ?

Anyway yes my board is working with Android and also with other kernels and rootfs compiled from other studies

I don't know if cross posting is allowed but take a look at this big, big, big work of mr. Justin Swartz.

the problem actually is just cloning into internal emmc becuase actually it isn't recognized by loader

HTML Code:
                              https://github.com/jhswartz/rk3229

Comment

Working...
                              X