HPH NT-N8 RK3229 Custom Nougat ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong thread woops
    Last edited by camjac251; 04-24-2018, 12:44.

Comment

Originally posted by camjac251 View Post
      I was going to change the
      Code:
      ro.product.model=XXXX
      ro.product.brand=XXXX
      ro.product.name=XXXX
      ro.product.device=XXXX
      according to this guide http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...e-on-r-box-pro

Would it be possible to do still to get access to the ATV interface through apps?
      I don't know if those instructions will work on Nougat as it was made for Marshmallow.
      Nougat is a lot more difficult to make a ATV ROM, you need different permissions and framework files too.
      Maybe check how Rock64 ATV firmware was made, but all the files are odexed which is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I don't know if those instructions will work on Nougat as it was made for Marshmallow.
        Nougat is a lot more difficult to make a ATV ROM, you need different permissions and framework files too.
        Maybe check how Rock64 ATV firmware was made, but all the files are odexed which is a problem.
        This ROM looks interesting. Having the ATV UI is something that I've been looking for but haven't found a ROM that had it on Rockchip. Seeing the build.prop for it, it's showing

Code:
        ro.build.flavor=rockbox_atv-userdebug
        ro.product.model=Rockbox
        ro.product.brand=PINE64
        ro.product.name=rockbox_atv
        ro.product.device=rk3328_box
        ro.product.board=rk30sdk
        So I'm not sure if just setting the product info will cause apps to use the ATV interface

Comment

Just came across this for the same box http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...353#post621353
          This would likely work for most rk3229 boxes. Have you tested this rom out, is it buggy too?

Comment

New ROM v1.2 released.

Comment

Hate to ask as i know how to do my rbox pro and other boxes,plus i prefer to read and educate myself, but found out my family member who is not in the know, bought an rbox 4k with has rk3229, 5.1.1, 8gb, 2 gb memory.
              So rockchip is new to myself, I will read and learn how to use flash tool as it differs from usb burning tool.
              Would this rom be ok for this above mentioned device?
              Much appreciated.

Comment

• gefattern
                gefattern commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi ,

dont think so , maybe other Wifi and more ,

greetings / gefattern

Originally posted by Wingchundub View Post
              Hate to ask as i know how to do my rbox pro and other boxes,plus i prefer to read and educate myself, but found out my family member who is not in the know, bought an rbox 4k with has rk3229, 5.1.1, 8gb, 2 gb memory.
              So rockchip is new to myself, I will read and learn how to use flash tool as it differs from usb burning tool.
              Would this rom be ok for this above mentioned device?
              Much appreciated.
              Your device uses different wifi, ethernet, remote and led display that is not supported in my ROM.
              So half of the hardware won't work if you flash it.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Your device uses different wifi, ethernet, remote and led display that is not supported in my ROM.
                So half of the hardware won't work if you flash it.
                Argh that is a bugger.
                I have found officail relaease of v6.0.1 and installed with tool via usb, all is well.
                Could you kindly advise an appropriate custom that are suitable for this type of box.
                Much appreciated

Comment

New v1.2a ROM released.

Comment

Ok for the Nagrace 1/8 3229 ?
                    Also you have an extra http in the download link
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

• trebor
                      trebor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well answer my own Question
                      Get the warning on boot and boots...yaaa

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                    Ok for the Nagrace 1/8 3229 ?
                    Also you have an extra http in the download link
                    Link fixed now.
                    Yes, should work on all HPH RK3229 devices 1GB and 2GB with AP6255, AP6225 wifi.
                    If wifi is not working just tell me but I think everything should work including bluetooth now.

All these videos even Level 5.1 10-bit h264 now play hardware accelerated in included Kodi 18, won't work on other rk3229's.
                    I don't have any Level 5.2 10-bit h264 test videos to see if that also works.
                    They won't work in MediaCenter, normal Kodi 18(since all 10-bit h264 is blacklisted) or MXPlayer, MXPLayer v1.9.18 can only play Level 5.0 10-bit H264.

Only bug I found was HDMI CEC is not working, but I'll try to test it more to get it working.

Comment

Wifi and BT Fine, box pretty zippy
                      Looking good
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Will release a new ROM end of the week.

I'm running out of new things to add to ROM's.
                        If there is anything interesting to add or bugs to fix, let me know.

Comment

Witam fajny soft ver.1.2 jest ok dla Mxq 4k Pro RK3229 działa streaming filmów to czego ludzie szukali działa telewizja na żywo Cyfrowy Polsat GO i NC+GO
                          na orginalnym marshmalow niestety nie działało zacinało się po paru sękundach

potrzebuje POMOCY ~`HELP~` nie działa Wi-fi i remote control (pilot)
                          mam pliki potrzebne do tego ale nie umiem ich wgrać proszę o poradnik pomoc

Comment

• gefattern
                            gefattern commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi , English , please / gefattern

New v1.3 ROM Released
                          - Add support for VC1 playback in Kodi
                          - Add high bitrate FLAC Audio Playback support
                          - Spoof ethernet as wifi.
                          (Games like Asphalt 8 can now be run over ethernet)
                          If someone knows of other apps that that don't run over ethernet, please list so they can be tested.
                          - Hide HDMI
                          I don't have any accounts for Skygo or others to test.
                          Please list any free apps to test, if still not working, I'll try something else.

Link: Here
                          Pass: nagrace

Comment

Working...
                          X