No announcement yet.

HPH NT-N8 RK3229 Custom Nougat ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and thank you for your answer works well but a last question why this feature not disponnible with mxq pro option available please Thank you.
    Color function not available
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvano View Post
      Hello and thank you for your answer works well but a last question why this feature not disponnible with mxq pro option available please Thank you.
      Color function not available
      MXQ devices have broken firmwares and never get updates so features like this will be missing that I added myself in custom firmwares.

Comment

Sorry I misunderstood what I mean with custom firmwares HPH NT-N8 RK3229 your not option color image taken with your HPH HP NT-V6 RK3288 this is it possible that I make a modification myself to get color mode I'm sorry to ask these questions again thanks.

Comment

• mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Rockchip disabled it on RK3229 and RK3328 Nougat firmware that uses a 3.10 kernel.
          On RK3288 Nougat it uses a 4.4 kernel and RK3328 Oreo also uses a 4.4 kernel where there is a new color switch setting.
          If you use Oreo or Pie firmware on RK3229 devices, you will also have a color switch setting.
          Unfortunately all the Oreo firmware have lots of bugs, so that is why I never made a custom Oreo firmware, Nougat is a lot more stable and have working features.

ok thank you I understood well will be possible a day netflix 24p thank you for everything time for me.

Comment

i have found this script on any of the forum pages can it work on your HPH rom NTK-N8 RK3229 Custom Nougat ROM thanks.

Pages https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...d-other-clones

Comment

Originally posted by sylvano View Post
            i have found this script on any of the forum pages can it work on your HPH rom NTK-N8 RK3229 Custom Nougat ROM thanks.

Pages https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...d-other-clones
            No, it;s for Amlogic devices, doesn't work on Rockchip devices.

Comment

hello thank you for your work, how did you do to add the resolution in kodi 18 in my leelbox rk3229 7.1 only 1920x108060p thank you for your answer.

Comment

• mo123
                mo123 commented
                Editing a comment
                I added the Android Display API to the source code in my ROM.

Hi mo123 possible Oreo ROM on HPH NT-N8 RK3229 thank you for your answer

Comment

Originally posted by bergie2222 View Post
                Hi mo123 possible Oreo ROM on HPH NT-N8 RK3229 thank you for your answer
                Oreo is a disaster.
                I wouldn't recommend anyone to use it on RK3328, stick with Nougat.
                Audio passthrough not working, Kodi frame-rate switching not working, broken 10-bit H264, no VC1, Launcher problems just to name a few.
                Android Pie is a lot more stable but I will most likely not make a ROM as no one can provide me the source code to build such a ROM.

Comment

I just try Android 9, working fine on rk3229
                  Hoy os dejamos para descargar una ROM basada en Android 9.0 para el Box HK1 mini, un gama de entrada con una configuración que incluye el SoC de Rockchip RK3229, 2 GB de RAM y 16 GB de memoria de almacenamiento eMMc ampliables gracias al lector de tarjetas SD. En cuanto a conectividad inalámbrica el TV-Box HK1 mini incluye un Chip WiFi SSV6051.

Comment

Dear mo123 need your help how does one modify file to include auto frame-rate switching in andoid for kodi whitelist please help me thanks for your answer.

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You have to modify the source code of your SDK to add the Android Display API to work with Surfaceflinger and rebuild the firmware.

If you mean Kodi, then you need to enable Expert Settings at the bottom left corner.
                      Then in Video Settings enable 'Adust display refresh rate' to 'on video start' and in System Display Settings in the Whitelist settings enable all the resolutions you want to use then it will switch.
                      You can compare a clean installed Kodi with one where you enabled the Whitelist settings and look at the differences in the Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata//guisettings.xml file, you can add these changes to the settings.xml file if you repack Kodi.

I'm working on a rooted, updated Nougat ROM.
                    If there are any improvements I must add, please list before I upload the ROM.

Comment

Hi mo123 I test your rom all is well but a problem I think my resolution is still 1080p60 but when I close kodi resolution android come back 720p60 why an idea thank you for your support.

Comment

• mo123
                        mo123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you have a new tv, you can press the 'info' button on your remote to see the resolution and frame-rate currently being used by the tv.
                        If you play 24 or 25hz video then it must show that and not 60hz, then it's working correctly.
                        Always use the latest Kodi

Provide screenshots of Kodi whitelist and resolution settings and Android Display Resolution settings if you still have problems.

thank you for your answer kodi works well but what does it mean when I leave kodi the resolution come back 720p60 here is a screenshot id=1 1280x72060004 not in the right place should id=7 thank you
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hello,

This tutorial was a life saving to me , my device back to life RK322 T.V Box X 96 Plus on Android 7.1 problem after successful update I lost my remote functions and the wireless doesn't work any more, even the blue LED lights at the front of the device stops, any solution will be appreciated.

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Please try contacting your manufacturer for the stock firmware or check chinagadgetsreviews.
                          There is nothing I can do as I don't have that device.
                      Working...
                      X