MXQ Pro 4K and firmware download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ Pro 4K and firmware download

I have this MXQ Pro 4K 1G/8G box with RK3229 chip and SV6051 Wifi, which originally did have Android V6.0.1 installed.

My problems started when I modified the Permissions file with Total Commander.
    The mod went fine even as the file replacement, but after re-boot I could not access any storage any more so I could not copy the original file back.
    Reboot wipe/restore etc. also did not help. The only option was to reload the firmware again. Looked around but could not find the exact firmware as it was installed originally.
    I decided to use the V88 firmware, which downloaded fine and seemed to work fine except for the blue ON LED.

As downloading went so smooth I did try another firmware: MAC_C42AF_Q2PRO-T95D-RK3229-6255-6.0-MV7-1116.img
    This one worked perfectly and did have a logo Leelbox on the screen. The blue ON LED worker also now. The only thing was that the MENU and MOUSE buttons on the remote were swapped, other wise it was fast and nice.

But.. as you already guessed.. downloading was so easy... I would like to try version 7.1.2.
    Well.. there the problems started..

I tried to download: RK3229_7.1_MX4VB_SSV6051p_SpecTek_flash-update_20171209.img
    This did not go well... the famous IDB fail error... tried several things with erase flash etc with all different kind of programs and the box did suddenly come in a MASKROM mode without shorting any pins.
    At this moment I could download the firmware. After download the verification give an error but the box booted and works with this version.
    But... it is very slow with playback of HD movies, switching screens etc... it is not the same as with the MAC_C42AF... file I loaded.

Now I try everything to get that firmware back in the box but I can not manage..
    Every time I get an IDB fail error... even when in MASKROM mode.
    Used programs:
    - AndroidTool Release v2.3
    - RockChip Batch Tool v1.8

What exactly is IDB and what causes this FAIL error?
    It is not directly related to the firmware to be downloaded, as even "ERASE FLASH" will throw up this error...

I have included some pictures of my box:
    1. Original firmware
    2. PCB Bottom
    3. PCB Top
    4. WiFi chip

So, If you have any idea's/ advise how to get the MAC_C42AF... firmware back in the box.. please let me know.
    I tried to create a bootable SD... 2 cards fail with message that the MBR could not be created. After this both SD cards have a capacity of only 7.48MB while it was 2GB and 16GB,
    A BIG question mark here again in front of my eyes...

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

This is the 7.12 nougat firmware for mxq pro 4 if it of use to you

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Working...
    X