Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK809IV 2GB 8GB crashes at booting

Hi all,
    This is my first post here and I am new in trying to fix MK809IV with probably Rock Chip 3229 (read bellow)
    My problem is that the device worked fine for about one month without any problem. The device plastic case looks to me warm, I presume that the chip must be hot. Usually when I turned OFF the TV I turned the device OFF from the socket plug too (I could not power it from the TV, it does not worked when it was powered from the TV). Ones I forgot to turn it OFF left it powered ON for 2days (or three). One day I wanted to watch the TV via android box and this happened (please see the video from 0:40)

Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

Is there any way to fix it? All three socket power supply are 2.0A. The device was working fine before on any of them.

I opened the device to see what chip is inside. Please see the photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-04-18 02.56.34.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	720733Click image for larger version

Name:	20180418_025943.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	720732

There is some "heat sink" but not too efficient. On the other side the thermal paper was damaged by the heat.

Due to the heat sink I could not read the chip number, but it is the same device as on this video

Latest Smartphone Review!: "OUKITEL MIX 2: Amazing, BUDGET, HIGH SPEC Smartphone Review! 4G, 4K DUAL CAMERAS, 6GB RAM" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJO0v...

so the chip must be Rock Chip 3229. The guy is showing the 8GB NAND Flash, but on my device it is missing. Why it is not there. In the description where I bought it was written MK809IV 2GB RAM, 8GB

So I have two question:
    1. What type of issue is that, what I have with the device (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vni7ZHr8bmU&t=7s) and how to fix it
    2. Why there is no NAND Flash, where is than android OS located (I thought it is on the NAND Flash). Did just Chinese wanted to save some money and did not soldered it in to board? Or because the heat sink? But than the device is not 8GB? I did not checked it when the device was running...what a shame....

Thanks you for help and reply.

Attached Files

I had a similar issue with other device. My device was rebooting for no reason and performing strangely.

I found out to be the power source. I had a bad capacitor. Replacing the capacitor solve the issue. All is normal again.

Comment

Saw the video and that is exactly what happened to me. Replace the power source with a new one or just open, find the bad capacitor and replace it.

Any variation in the power source forces the device to reboot. It needs 5,3v stable.

Comment

Originally posted by romiadam View Post
        Hi all,
        This is my first post here and I am new in trying to fix MK809IV with probably Rock Chip 3229 (read bellow)
        My problem is that the device worked fine for about one month without any problem. The device plastic case looks to me warm, I presume that the chip must be hot. Usually when I turned OFF the TV I turned the device OFF from the socket plug too (I could not power it from the TV, it does not worked when it was powered from the TV). Ones I forgot to turn it OFF left it powered ON for 2days (or three). One day I wanted to watch the TV via android box and this happened (please see the video from 0:40)

Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

Is there any way to fix it? All three socket power supply are 2.0A. The device was working fine before on any of them.

I opened the device to see what chip is inside. Please see the photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-04-18 02.56.34.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	720733Click image for larger version

Name:	20180418_025943.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	720732

There is some "heat sink" but not too efficient. On the other side the thermal paper was damaged by the heat.

Due to the heat sink I could not read the chip number, but it is the same device as on this video

Latest Smartphone Review!: "OUKITEL MIX 2: Amazing, BUDGET, HIGH SPEC Smartphone Review! 4G, 4K DUAL CAMERAS, 6GB RAM" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJO0v...

so the chip must be Rock Chip 3229. The guy is showing the 8GB NAND Flash, but on my device it is missing. Why it is not there. In the description where I bought it was written MK809IV 2GB RAM, 8GB

So I have two question:
        1. What type of issue is that, what I have with the device (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vni7ZHr8bmU&t=7s) and how to fix it
        2. Why there is no NAND Flash, where is than android OS located (I thought it is on the NAND Flash). Did just Chinese wanted to save some money and did not soldered it in to board? Or because the heat sink? But than the device is not 8GB? I did not checked it when the device was running...what a shame....

Thanks you for help and reply.

Romiadam,

Please say to me, you have this stick's original rom you have Pleaseeee :'))

I formated my own withouth backup and i tried lots of rom but i wanna original coz most of roms has lots of problem. At least i found one 5.1.1 but it's wifi chipset is different mine. So while my wifi RTL8703as but rom has different one.

Comment

Working...
        X