Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Android TV 6.0.1

Hi!
    Today I'm bringing a new Android TV ROM for V88/MXQ-4K boxes (the ones that have SSV6051 as wifi-chip). I'm still trying to improve the ROM.

WHAT IT ALREADY HAS
    • Functional Google Play Services and Google Play Store (before, we couldn't had it working, because when Play Store was updated you couldn't install anything)
    • Demi-Funcional Chromecast Built-in (You can see it in any app that uses chromecast, but the only one that worked was Spotify )
    • Almost everything that a Android TV has (Leanback Launcher, Recommendations, Gapps...)
    WHAT IT'S BROKEN/WON'T WORK
    • Couldn't make the Android Remote work.
    • I don't know if it's only on my board, but 1080p60fps on Twitch just freezes.
    • Installing apks works fine, uninstalling give an error (on the Settings, uninstalling by Google Play Store and ADB works fine)
    After puting your account on Play Services, download a newer version of it on APKMirror and update by ADB. (adb install -r services.apk). Same to Play Store if it doesn't update itself.
    If the Wi-Fi doesn't work, use ethernet or flash TWRP and that patch: https://mega.nz/#!1KYjAAwR!m-yobi4i2...V6KodqE9muae78
    I don't know how to edit framework-res.apk. To remove the status bar, use "
    adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.status=apps" on adb.
    Connecting to ADB with the network is enable on build.prop by default.
    Feel free to help me develop this ROM. I need someone who can provide a custom overclockable (do this word exist?) kernel and better codecs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180620_125426832.jpg Views:	1 Size:	89.9 KB ID:	732273

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180620_125812276.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.2 KB ID:	732274
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180620_125446650.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	732275

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180620_125721448.jpg Views:	1 Size:	61.6 KB ID:	732276

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180620_125725710.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.4 KB ID:	732277
    If it helped you, donate!

DOWNLOAD

https://mega.nz/#!Nf4nlQbJ!T4lguyiN6...Hw0hSmIeYsHjdA
    Last edited by kurocygnus; 06-20-2018, 17:26.

Good work, my friend! I really appreciate your efforts. Previously I tried a build by editing the system files. It was similar to an Andoid TV but the features are not there, in fact there is a lot of broken, for example does not even have DRM L3. These days I had to use the Fox Play app and it's giving me a modified device error.

Comment

Please put prints and thank you link. This makes your post more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post
        Please put prints and thank you link. This makes your post more interesting.
        Updated with the download, images and donate link.
        I'll keep developing this and trying to make it work better.

Comment

Should this work on a Tanix TX2 R2 wich also has the same chipset ?

Comment

Originally posted by aldoanizio View Post
            Should this work on a Tanix TX2 R2 wich also has the same chipset ?
            Probably. Don't know about the Wi-Fi or remote.

Comment

Hey there, just installed this on my MXQ 4K RK3229 1GB/8GB

Did take quite a while but got installed in the end. The Android TV Remote Service will crash a few times during installation but I don't think that affects anything.

Only issue now is I don't get wifi. How should I get the wifi drivers into the ROM? Can I help?

Comment

Originally posted by iPwnJ00 View Post
                Hey there, just installed this on my MXQ 4K RK3229 1GB/8GB

Did take quite a while but got installed in the end. The Android TV Remote Service will crash a few times during installation but I don't think that affects anything.

Only issue now is I don't get wifi. How should I get the wifi drivers into the ROM? Can I help?
                Yeah, the TV Remote keeps crashing. I'm trying to figure out what can I do to make it work or at least don't crash.
                If your board has SSV6051P as wi-fi chip, you can flash TWRP and this https://mega.nz/#!1KYjAAwR!m-yobi4i2...V6KodqE9muae78

Comment

Originally posted by kurocygnus View Post

Probably. Don't know about the Wi-Fi or remote.
                  Thanks! I couldn't confirm wich wifi chipset Tanix uses

Comment

Working...
                  X