Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ PRO 4K not recognized. How come?

Hello,

I recently purchased a MXQ PRO 4K (1GB/8GB) with RK3229, verified through aida64 and CPU-Z. The seller must have done a mess, because the boot logo shows the competitor S905X.

The firmware on board is based on android 7.1.2 but it doesn't run ok, everything goes slow and the launcher doesn't include the top bar. Too many play store apps are not compatible and if I try to install them manually, they doesn't work anyway.

For these reasons I thought to flash this mess with an appropriate firmware, but I couldn't do that. My device doesn't get detected and I don't know why. I installed the drivers by launching driverassistant v4.5, but when I plugged it to pc via USB using a toothpick, following the usual procedure, nothing happens. AndroidTool 2.42 and RK Batch tool don't detect anything.

So I am here to catch your suggestions about that, trying to fix this issue and understanding what firmware could be up and running for my tv box.

Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

try it on a Win7 Pc ,

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
      Hi ,

try it on a Win7 Pc ,

gefattern
      Hi,

unfortunately I don't have one, only windows 10. Aren't there alternatives?

Comment

Hi ,

what does the DeviceManager of Win10 say if you connect the Box ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Device Manager don't see anything, and it's really weird because when I plug it via usb, the blue led turns on. I've been using a male2male usb cable. Maybe it must be more specific?

Comment

Hi ,

did u use the right port on Box ??? while connecting did you use Power too ???

does it turn blue with Power without Pc ??? , there are some Videos on YT how

to install RKDrivers correctly on Win10 ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
              Hi ,

did u use the right port on Box ??? while connecting did you use Power too ???

does it turn blue with Power without Pc ??? , there are some Videos on YT how

to install RKDrivers correctly on Win10 ,

good luck / gefattern
              Yeah, I used the otg port. I also plugged the power cord, after the usb. What is the correct order during the "toothpick phase"? Could you please clarify that?

Anyway, to install the drivers I used driverassistant 4.5. How do I know if they are correctly installed?

Comment

Originally posted by rawolph View Post

Yeah, I used the otg port. I also plugged the power cord, after the usb. What is the correct order during the "toothpick phase"? Could you please clarify that?

Anyway, to install the drivers I used driverassistant 4.5. How do I know if they are correctly installed?
                Hi ,

did you use the Install.exe for Drivers , and followed the Instructions , did you trust the Drivers and confirmed there

installation after the "Fouzhou...." Driver Message show up ??? did you install as Admin ??? then you all did right .

The Box still runs , can be used on TV , it is not bricked , that is correct , or ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Yes, I followed the instructions and I got that message but the device manager don't see anything.

The box still runs but not smoothly. As i described in open post, the current firmware is a real mess, too many apps don't work and the system is very slow.

I've been thinking that maybe I made a mistake during the "toothpick phase". There are tons of threads about that but the order of the operations to follow is often different. If you could clarify that, I would be grateful.

Comment

Hi ,

when Drivers installed & Tool has loaded the Rom , i always hold the "Reset" Button , plug in USB , then Power , wait for connection Sound ,

after that stop holding the "Reset" Button . Please , change the "CompatibilityMode" for installing the Drivers & Tools to Win7/SP3 , & report ,

of course u must uninstall the others Drivers first , then Cleaner & reboot , then try it ,

i know a other User had Problems too and fixed it , but must first find where it was ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

I tried anything I could. I'm throwing in the towel.

gefattern, thank you for your patience, I really appreciated.

Comment

I tried anything I could. I'm throwing in the towel.

gefattern, thank you for your patience, I really appreciated.
                        Hi ,

why do you give up so fast ??? Are u really sure it is a RK Box ??? ,

did you look on the Chip ??? if boot up says S905X , please try the

Amilogic BurningTool , last Time there are many of this wrong Boxes .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

In open post I attached two pics of the SoC. What do you think about it?

Comment

In open post I attached two pics of the SoC. What do you think about it?
                            Hi ,

to really see what CPU is used u must look under the Heatsink , but if your Box is recognised by the

AmilogicBurningTool , it is for sure a S905X , did you test it ??? U only must install the Tool , Drivers

included ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

AmlogicBurningTool doesn't detect it. I suppose it's a Rockchip and I start to think that maybe the problem is usb2usb cable I use. I'm going to try another one. I will keep you updated.

Comment

• gefattern
                                gefattern commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hi , as possible us the one that came with Device , as possible !!! / gefattern
                            Working...
                            X