Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockchip RK3229 Android 8.1 atv firmware (wifi 8703)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by syamambu View Post
    Can i install it on T96R tv box ?
    Board: XT-MX4M-V13
    Proc: RK3229 Quad Cortex-A7
    Wifi: RTL8703BS
    I too have the same box bought from flipkart.

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
      This is Android 8.1 atv firmware for Leelbox Q2 PRO S which perfectly works in this box.

My TV BOX: T95D Android TV Box Rockchip RK3229 Quad Core BT4.0 RAM 2GB DDR3 ROM 8GB 2.4GHz
      Wifi Chip - RTL8703BS
      Printed on PCB Board:
      T95N-RK3229_512X8
      20170706_V1.8

Hi Hannah,

Please refer to your post.

I have T96R tv box with Rockchip RK3229 A7 Cortex CPU with 2GB DDR3 RAM and 8GB EMMC Flash with Android 6.0.1 version OS. I hope your uploaded ROM will work for my box to update the OS version. The box has a reset button which can be pressed with toothpick or a pin.

There are 2 queries

1. Is it mandatory to short the pins on the motherboard? why I'm is because there is reset button available. Can I use reset button instead of shorting pins?
      2. How to backup the device, if the firmware up-gradation is failed?

Thanks in advance.

Eagerly waiting for your early reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ramkey4u View Post

Hi Hannah,

I have T96R tv box with Rockchip RK3229 A7 Cortex CPU with 2GB DDR3 RAM and 8GB EMMC Flash with Android 6.0.1 version OS. I hope your uploaded ROM will work for my box to update the OS version. The box has a reset button which can be pressed with toothpick or a pin.

There are 2 queries

1. Is it mandatory to short the pins on the motherboard? why I'm is because there is reset button available. Can I use reset button instead of shorting pins?

Thanks in advance.

Eagerly waiting for your early reply.

You can use the reset button. Shorting pins are used to bring back the box to life if you brick it while flashing.

mxqproject.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf mxqproject.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

You would need TWRP. There could be other methods as well however I never bothered.

Comment

You can use the reset button. Shorting pins are used to bring back the box to life if you brick it while flashing.

mxqproject.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf mxqproject.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

You would need TWRP. There could be other methods as well however I never bothered.
          Thanks for the update. I successfully upgraded the os version. But volume keys are not working after update. Is there any thing I can do

Comment

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for your previous reply.

I updated the os then and it was worked good for quite few days. Then all of sudden it started to restart on its own for every 2 mins. So I decided to update the os again and tried this rom downloaded from the below link.

After the update the system is not booting and no led as well.

I try to at least recover old rom i.e. the one which you provided but smart box is not connecting to AndroidTool_Release/ RockChip Batch Tool.

Can you please guide me.

Thanks in advance.
            Hello, this is my first post and I bring you a surprise. Android 9.0 for our devices provided by email support from Alfawise, incredible firmware, very stable and snappy with an all new incredible interface. I also provide the tool to flash the device correctly (Alfawise didnt provide one). ANDROID 9.0 DOWNLOAD FOR ALFAWISE A8

Comment

I try to at least recover old rom i.e. the one which you provided but smart box is not connecting to AndroidTool_Release/ RockChip Batch Tool.
              Review this link to know how to revive your TV box:
              Hi Everyone We have created this thread to collect all the NAND pin Short to Mask ROM Mode locations for all our members. Because firmware comes on android

Comment

Hi Hannah,

There are 2 queries

Thanks in advance.
                Personal experience I lived in.

1 - I only had to short motherboard when the device became unresponsive. No logo screen at all. That is when you will have to short pin. Everything else SDCard or USB cable will do the trick.

2 - I believe the chinese tools each processor has is able to generate an image but I never did so I could be talking SH$#%.

The only advise I can really provide is be sure of Processor model and WiFi model you have. Mine for instance in the application would say sometime AMLogic sometimes Rockchip. I had to unmount my device and look in the board to make sure. Safest way.

Comment

Hi i have HK1 mini Smart TV BOX Android 9.0 2Go+16Go RK3229 Quad-Core WIFI 2,4G should this work for me please ????

Comment

Hi i have HK1 mini Smart TV BOX Android 9.0 2Go+16Go RK3229 Quad-Core WIFI 2,4G should this work for me please ????

Comment

Hi hannah i have HK1 mini Smart TV BOX Android 9.0 2Go+16Go RK3229 Quad-Core WIFI 2,4G should this work for me please ????

Comment

Should suit to q96 home RK 3229 as well

Comment

Originally posted by zsp1977 View Post
                          V88 2+16TV box does not work
                          Could you be more detailed: what doe snot work? doesn notf work at all?

Comment

mo123 I know you released a custom rom for RK unit, may I ask wether u used imgRePackerRK.exe for it? I can split img. but I cant edit system.img / system.img.iso....how you did that?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                              mo123 I know you released a custom rom for RK unit, may I ask wether u used imgRePackerRK.exe for it? I can split img. but I cant edit system.img / system.img.iso....how you did that?
                              I build firmware from source code, don't edit.
                              Only < Android 7 can be used by all the tools online to unpack/repack for Rockchip devices.
                              You have to use Linux to mount partitions as Windows is just not cut out for it and files won't have the right permissions.
                              For Android 10 it's now impossible to unpack/repack because of new Google security measures and combined partitions.
                              I can't wait what Android 12/13 will bring, completely block you from changing any system settings/files and loaded with 20 extra new Google bloatware apps you don't need.

Comment

Mmh, understand.....

Comment

Working...
                                X