How to unbrick 3229.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to unbrick 3229.

Ok heres the way to un brick device Yup i hard bricked it already....

1- Remove the 4 rubber feet. (they peel off carefully.

2- Remove the 4 screws where feet are.

3- Carefully pry at top of box (This box does not come off on bottom get finger mail or something thin into top seam.) gently lift our watching antena...

4- On nan there is small dot count to pins 7/8 Short those two with paper clip.

5- Plug in usb making sure its supported so nothing under it conductive.

6- Tricky part press reset and power at same time should boot into mask mode flash firmware. Its task shorting and pressing both but i was able to do on my own took two trys.

Do NOT bend antena and take care on placement when reinstalling into case its fragile.

Also dontt flash latest mx11 3229 firmware on this device instant brick lmao...
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

I have not bricked yet, but that time may come. I know you have been trying to improve things and I appreciate you taking the risks to do so.
    This thread is a public service.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 07-03-2016, 08:53.

Comment

I tried to short the pins to get into the maskrom a couple days ago, but found out that I only had two hands. I guess a normal person that uses this method, my have at least 3 hands.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Found holding pin then with pinky and pointing finger push the pin and start button. Thank god it allows usb to be plugged in or id have to trick the dog into helping somehow.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Bricked my device and nothing i try works... -
          I am correct in saying the nand is the FORESEE chip...
          kind regards
          cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
          http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

UPDATE:
            Just as a REFERENCE. The mark is not the WHITE CIRCLE, rather the dot on the chip.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
            kind regards

Comment

Fun ay ;@ Thats why i stated on the nan. Board referances allways goofy.
              Last edited by scooter2014; 07-20-2016, 11:35.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                Fun ay ;@ Thats why i stated on the nan. Board referances allways goofy.
                It took me a while to click that it is not that bloody white circle. Once realized, everything was 100%

I posted the pic so other users can reference it

kind regards

Comment

Good photo so helps anyone trying. Thanks.

Comment

Hi all,

My Scishion V88 RK3229 has stopped working after what seemed to be a damaged adapter. I have replaced the adapter but now the box either displays the red or at times the blue light, but the hdmi signal is not detected by the tv. I have done some research and have tried according to this thread to short the nand pins nr 7&8 but to no avail. Can anyone please assist?

Comment

Hi There, I'm trying to follow your guide but I'm stuck at one stupid part. I can't seem to connect the android tv box to my pc. I've got RKBatchTool V1.7 and tried V1.8. It just says unknown device. Any tips?

Comment

I'm all sorted. thanks anyway. I was using an incorrect driver. Finally found a guide that's nearly full proof. I didn't have to do the short circuiting thing though (thank god, my hands shake)

Comment

So, when shorting pin 7/8 do I need to keep this shorted during the boot or is it momentary thing.

so short 7/8, push and hold reset switch, apply power... then remove pin 7/8 short or keep it there ?

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            Ok heres the way to un brick device Yup i hard bricked it already....

1- Remove the 4 rubber feet. (they peel off carefully.

2- Remove the 4 screws where feet are.

3- Carefully pry at top of box (This box does not come off on bottom get finger mail or something thin into top seam.) gently lift our watching antena...

4- On nan there is small dot count to pins 7/8 Short those two with paper clip.

5- Plug in usb making sure its supported so nothing under it conductive.

6- Tricky part press reset and power at same time should boot into mask mode flash firmware. Its task shorting and pressing both but i was able to do on my own took two trys.

Do NOT bend antena and take care on placement when reinstalling into case its fragile.

Also dontt flash latest mx11 3229 firmware on this device instant brick lmao...
                            Thanks, pin 7/8 gets the formerly dead / hardbricked box recognized over USB and the factory tool sees the maskrom.

Problem is it wont flash anything and gives an IDB error. usually this is bootloader related, which supposedly 7/8 is supposed to bypass.

I've read that other pin combos simultaneous with 7/8 will bypass IDB errors, anyone with any experience with this?

Comment

Hi PaulieP ,

try it with AndoidTool 2.35 and first erase flash (secondTab) , after that it must work with flashing .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Working...
                              X