MXQ PRO 4K RK3229 chip Kodi issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ PRO 4K RK3229 chip Kodi issues

Hello. I'm knee deep in android box hell (this is a place, right??). I love my MXQ boxes, and I decided to upgrade my current boxes (s805s) to Amlogic's (s905s). I bought 3 to upgrade my own and 2 for friends. I have a favourite build that I love on Kodi and I've never had issues before.

Well, during shipping, the android box supplier messaged me and said the only difference is that they switched the chip to rk3229. I never thought much of it. (BUT now I release how much I FREAKING LOVE Amlogic).

Get home. Box is nice and snappy. Start playing around on it to get a build on Kodi. It comes with Kodi Jarvis 16.1 RC3 (this is what loads up). I enter Kodi and it pops up, a more stable version of Kodi is available with Kodi Jarvis 16.1. Again, click ok and let it go.

I install the build I love (MK-IV) through Ares Wizard. I can get Ares Wizard no problem. Install fresh start. Install build. Normally when I'm done installing, it pops up, "Do you want to back up your skin?" Yes/No. And then it says, "Please force close Kodi." Which I click OK and it force closes Kodi for me. Now, I install, it extracts and then nothing. Just stays in Ares Wizard. I pulled power on the box. Put power back in. Enter Kodi. Everything for the build is there but it doesn't display the skin. Try changing the skin. The skin the build uses isn't listed. Try Downloading the skin. Still won't convert into the build.

Gave up on my favourite build. Tried another build on Ares. Same thing. Tried a generic build. I have tried. Saints. Wookie. Beast. A few others. No build will extract onto this version of Kodi. I think, hmmmm, must be my Kodi. I have updated it to Kodi 16.1. To Kodi 17. Tried SPMC. The exact same problem on everything. Factory reset the box. Tried again. Same problem. Switched boxes twice. So I've tried on three of the new boxes. ALL have the same issue.

This has got to be a fixable problem. I know this forum is amazing but I can hardly find anything that anyone is having similar issues. This thread kind of talks about it. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/962869-android-box-and-iptv-kodi-problems/. I just don't know what else to do. I'm reading up on RKMC. Can this help me?

MXQ PRO 4K RK 3229 chip Android 5.1.1.

Hi kodiboxjess,

I also have this box (labeled MXQ 4K) with Rockchip 3229 and Android 5.1.1. The box presented some issues on Kodi and another ones from the firmware.
    Every issue on Kodi was resolved apllying this custom release for Kodi:

Kodi 16.1 RC3 for RK by "superceleron" - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...y-superceleron
    Every playing errors was solved (5.1 audio, "enable passthrough", HEVC/10-bits videos, x264 with bitrate above 100mbps, and another codecs issues).

There still two anoying erros with the firmware that I still working on a soluton: the box force close every app put in background, and the box change the ethernet MAC adress every reboot.

Comment

I ended up buying this TVBox by mistake, in the product box it speaks 64Bit, then I imagined it was the Amlogic s905, but to my surprise and sadness what a Rockchip 3229 came from, but this was not the biggest problem, the biggest problem was the firmware Worse quality, I think they played any RK3229 firmware in there.

Luckily I was able to install other more stable firmware, and as for Kodi, my tip is not to use the pre-installed version, instead download a remove and install directly from Google Play, I like Skin Omni for Be lighter. When you install from Google Play and install the dependencies the errors are over, although I always have an error with a certain plugin xxx xD

Comment

Dear Novato, I have a bricked mxq pro RK 3229 device. May I ask which firmware did you flash?
        Kind regards

Comment

box stuck @ Rockchip screen...

Comment

Working...
          X