Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HOW-TO] Enable Widevine on ANY box Android 5.1.1

Hello Freaktab!
    After a little research, I found how to enable Widevine on Android Tv Boxes wich didn't come with it on the system.
    I made a .zip with the needed files.

Instructions:
    1) Download the .zip in https://mega.nz/#!VbQVUDQC!zjL2SluVK...wGgtldqS9CneFY
    2) Extract the zip on any path. Be sure to make a specific folder only to this.
    3) Execute widevine.bat
    4) If you don't have root, open a CMD (or PowerShell if you are on WIN10) on the folder and do that commands after connecting the box to the PC
    Code:
    .\adb root
    .\adb pull /system/build.prop
    5) Open build.prop with Notepad++ and add these lines in the section "# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES":
    Code:
    media.amplayer.widevineenable=true
    drm.service.enabled=1
    6) Again in the CMD/Powershell:
    Code:
    .\adb push build.prop /system/
    And done! You should now have a working Widevine on your device.

Your instructions are only for Amlogic devices and L1 DRM since Rockchip doesn't use amplayer?
    Does it also work on RK3229 Lollipop devices using the Amlogic files?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      Your instructions are only for Amlogic devices and L1 DRM since Rockchip doesn't use amplayer?
      Does it also work on RK3229 Lollipop devices using the Amlogic files?
      Yes, it does. I'm using it on the MXQ 4K wich have a RK3229

Comment

didnt know you can execute bat file in android could you elaborate please

Comment

Originally posted by veclinux
          didnt know you can execute bat file in android could you elaborate please
          Sorry, I forget to specify that you connect the box to the pc first and execute the .bat in Windows.

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) usando Tapatalk

Comment

Hi guys I'm very new at this, could anyone tell me how do I connect my PC to my MXQ 4k TV box. Which port must I connect to & which app must I run?
            Last edited by gefattern; 09-11-2017, 03:20.

Comment

I am only seeing WIdevine L3. Is there any way to get Widevine L1?

Comment

Does it work on the Beelink GT1 Ultimate CPU "Amlogic S912" Android 7.1.2?

Comment

yhanks a lot, i will try on my shitty H1 H96 max ...

stuppid crap without DRM...

Comment

work on a V88 with Android 6.0?

Comment

is this really working ?

Comment

Originally posted by D3v1L View Post
                        work on a V88 with Android 6.0?
                        Not working on android 6 or 7.
                        For android 6 see this post (working for me)

Comment

Originally posted by kurocygnus
                          Hello Freaktab!
                          After a little research, I found how to enable Widevine on Android Tv Boxes wich didn't come with it on the system.
                          I made a .zip with the needed files.

Instructions:
                          1) Download the .zip in https://mega.nz/#!VbQVUDQC!zjL2SluVK...wGgtldqS9CneFY
                          2) Extract the zip on any path. Be sure to make a specific folder only to this.
                          3) Execute widevine.bat
                          4) If you don't have root, open a CMD (or PowerShell if you are on WIN10) on the folder and do that commands after connecting the box to the PC
                          Code:
                          .\adb root
                          .\adb pull /system/build.prop
                          5) Open build.prop with Notepad++ and add these lines in the section "# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES":
                          Code:
                          media.amplayer.widevineenable=true
                          drm.service.enabled=1
                          6) Again in the CMD/Powershell:
                          Code:
                          .\adb push build.prop /system/
                          And done! You should now have a working Widevine on your device.
                          Hello. Does this solution always work? I need to install the drm widevine level 3 for the mycanal application on a dongle android tv rockchip hx 3229 with android 5.1.1 Could you tell me more clearly the procedure to follow, because I do not know much, but it will give me the opportunity to learn . Thank you.

Envoyé de mon K6000 Pro en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Dear kurocygnus,
                            First of all, thanks for your post. I'm experiencing a problem on my box. Once I send . \adb push building.prop /system, I receive an error as follow: adb: error: failed to copy 'build.prop' to '/system/build.prop': remote couldn't create file: Read-only file system .
                            How to go around the fact that the file is read only for root and I don't have root access?
                            I have already tried to use: adb shell > Su > mount -o rw,remount /system

Could you please help me get out of this point and send the modified build.prop to my box?

Comment

Working...
                            X