hidden memory ram ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hidden memory ram ??

hello everyone i am new in the forum but now i nedd your knowledege, this is the topic:

I have a tv box A95X R1 with Rockchip RK3229 , 1gb ram yesterday I opened it for soldering the power plug , It was easy but in the process I could see a label that contained the specificaction of the motherboard in that label said that the board has 4 ram modules of 512 mb =2gb ram, my questions are: does it posible able the other 1gb ram ? why if the board has 2gb ram does it only has able 1gb ?

thank you very much for your help

+++ could you tell me what is the best firmware for this tv box and how to intall it
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by gefattern; 09-12-2018, 22:10. Reason: corrections

I see nothing hidden... 4x512MB should be 2gb and two 4G chips to make 8th for a 2/8GB system.

The system will use the 2GB for its self, so unless you find a custom firmware to release 1GB and add it to the 8GB for more ram, there is no other way to free up memory unless you debloat with TI Backup, and convert your user apps to system apps.

also the system will grab memory from the 8gb you have for apps, for system cache and processes. 1GB or more will be used, unless the system is configured differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Jimenez View Post
      hello everyone i am new in the forum but now i nedd your knowledege, this is the topic:

I have a tv box A95X R1 with Rockchip RK3229 , 1gb ram yesterday I opened it for soldering the power plug , It was easy but in the process I could see a label that contained the specificaction of the motherboard in that label said that the board has 4 ram modules of 512 mb =2gb ram, my questions are: does it posible able the other 1gb ram ? why if the board has 2gb ram does it only has able 1gb ?

thank you very much for your help

+++ could you tell me what is the best firmware for this tv box and how to intall it
      Hi ,

with this Boxes all is possible , but as X92-2GB wrote you need a modded FW for this , i think

they maybe used it for RAM/ROM swapping , but i am not a Pro in that , next Time buy direct

a 2/3GB Ram Box , better , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Thanks for your answer but if my hadware is 2 gb memory ram why my software olnly uses 1gb , for this reason i said that there was hidden memory
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hello,

So when I take a look on your Memory Chips I can see one chip has 512MB.
          Datasheet:

So let me ask did you Install a non-Factory Rom or Custom Rom to the Box?
          For Rockchip you need a Rom fitting your Memory Config.

Neomode

Comment

Hi Neomode

well i have not installed a custum rom in my Box
            could you tell me what is the custum room that you recomended me to install in my box ??

maybe another room can enable the total of ram

Comment

Working...
            X