RBox review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBox review

Ok wanted to post a short review of this box, First of for the costs this Budget box has had 4 updates, So not to shabby on that end. Kodi running latest fixes and ran with rk codex disabled and enabled picture better with it enabled but ran fine no drop outs or dropped frames in both. Firmware loaded no issue Ota update went perfect and on latest verion now. Antutu test is with loaded box so may vary for others. The sd card works ports for usb work Bluetooth wifi and ethernet working fine now since update.

play back in all programs working fine tested movieshd cartoon Kodi. (passthorugh not tested)

speed is ok (not the fastest box out there but ui is stable and works nicely.

few programs dont work on play store Vevo hd ect/ You tube played well. (maybe build prop fix for this will fix it)

Yet another box trying to pre load apk for pre sales (none needed they should concentrate on firmware and play back not addons)

Now the cons////

The only real downfall of this device at its price range is the Storage. Its missing 3 gigs of storage and the 2 gigs they give for system is not near system is not near enough for average users. I filled the entire space just putting normal apk i use daily add kodi your out of space quickly. All in pretty stable device for 35 bucks....
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

My launcher and paid apks work fine on this device as well.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Does this RK3229 has audio passthrough issues like the predecessors?
      Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
      CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
      GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Strangely and happily, this box does NOT have passthrough problems. Using the stock or better yet the ZDMC version of Kodi has HD audio passthrough. Out of all my Android boxes, (I have too many), this is by far the best media player of them all. Video, is fantastic and passing HD audio without having to jump through hoops is a blessing.

But make sure you are using the current version of the firmware.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

All right you guys convenienced me. Gonna get one of these. If you want to post ahead of time I can try to fix the storage issue if you pull all the partitions with the finless tool.
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
            All right you guys convenienced me. Gonna get one of these. If you want to post ahead of time I can try to fix the storage issue if you pull all the partitions with the finless tool.
            Good we can work on this as tried that route bricked it. But comes back eazy. Tried a few other box setting one hard bricked it but pin method worked.

Comment

Thanks clarkss12. That is very interesting. Does 7.1 audio also gets passed through correctly? I know Android itself has some issues in DTS-MA which MM supposedly addresses. Also, why is that lot of these boxes with RK3229 seem to come with low memory, low powered GPU, less powerful Wifi/regular ethernet?
              Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
              CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
              GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

The R-Box comes with 2GB RAM, that was the reason I bought it. The Mali 400 is part of the RK3229, it won't have anything else. The RK3229 does not support G-Eth natively. In spite of the Mali400, as clarkss12 stated, this box has very nice picture quality and capability for video

Comment

Not sure about 7.1 audio, I only have a 5.1 system. I am not very fond of Rockchip, but I do think someone, not sure who, turned this low powered box into a power house media player. I haven't tried games or anything that will use the CPU, but I am sure they will not do very well.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I would bet there is some really large kodi IMG in system. remove it and make the system partition smaller. Then have to look at the rest of them. 3gb missing is crazy
                    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I know some used for system mem and apk. But if even 3 gig for storage 2 for user better. Another 3229 has 5.6 with storage unified. I try pulling parameter and misc files apart but i more involved then just those two from reading. (yes still reading more on it)
                      Mx4 has 5.6 on device. Unified storage much better.

Comment

What does your fstab look like

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is just the parameter that needs to be adjusted. Then make sure all your IMG fit within them. At least that is the way it worked in the past.

Comment

Just packing for trip I'll upload in min

Comment

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

Working...
                              X