Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R box 16 gig box arrived today

The Rbox 16. Arrived today. Ill review it shortly... 😁
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

That was pretty quick. Looking forward to your impressions.

Comment

Ok wont be a pretty review. The manufacture did not listen and yes 2 gig user partitions. On a 16 gig device makes no sense.

Preformance the 8 gig model is quicker. Wifi is below average. Network just as poor. Overlay to 1080 actual 720 in kodi. Totally disappointed.

3 reboots since starting the device. Kodi same poor quality pre installed crap. Even crap streaming apps. If. Someone can get geek buying to listen and get manufacture to listen to issues then maybe a software change and rework of network and programs otherwise just calling this box a disappointment. Spend a extra 10 bucks and get a qbox or pay less and get the 8 gig device better value.

Avoid this Rbox pro 16 gig device much better out for same price.

Sad manufacture could have had good market for this budget device.

Cant say ive been more disappointed (Feel like i just purchased a Allwinner device again😖
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Oh and still no link to original firmware so cant even re flash this turd if i wanted to see if that improved it. LOOK AWAY LOOK AWAY. You dont even get a clock to make you feel it can always at least be used for a clock.... Aviod this device until manufacture fixes it.

Comment

C'mon let's see what on the inside and don't use a hammer,

New Box, hopefully a new rom in due course for you soon,
          See this is what happens when you're on the edge with this cutting new technology (pun intended)

Cheers

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Already opening it up. Damn i get hibby gibbies when you say what iam already thinking (hidding hammer under table) screw driver in hand aready lol

Comment

Tape type wifi stuck to top of box.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

Least i can see why remote use was crap. Bent.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Bummer, makes me wonder if it is even from the same outfit. The 8G model had a bit of style, even if I can't see the clock from our viewing position. This model looks full-on generic, right down to the connectors.
                  Hopefully they get the firmware tweaked. The 8GB did not make any friends on its original F/W, so with any luck, there is hope.

Comment

You should be able to pull with current img with finless tool then try to flash the 8gb version firmware. Is it the same wifi?
                    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Blink posted fireware link i try it when i get home... 😁

Comment

Ok heres some bench marks and you can see issues its well below the 8 gig model even without the tweeks i got from Parhjister from his soon to be released rom got over 21000 this one is dismal with nothing loaded. This box as really sucks. wifi ok if within 5 feet of router anything beyond that gives drop outs and connection on off. The bench mark is below the fully loaded rbox 8 gig device. For a 50 plus device i expected more then this thats for sure. Unless Rbox steps up there is no way id ever recommend this device to anyone dismal for a upgraded product launch. Avoid this box.... 905 priced at 25 bucks with 2 gigs out preforms this by 3 times... well in plus side maybe i found a box for the geekbox landingship out the guts and convert

oh and screen flickering in browser now too i tried to get screen but i missed it black to blank flickers....

Comment

Waiting on stock or updated firmware.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Been sitting nervous to do a reset or work on device with no back up firmware.

Did a factory reset. Wiped everything and device had alot if issues with playstore app. After another reboot playatore updates took and removed bloatware.

Its running now but slower then the 8 gig device.

Once i am able to make a back up ill start seeing what can be changed to help improve it more. (memory is 2 gig just like the 8 gig device ) so hopefully easier to change the parameter file out.

Loading and testing it again later today.

Comment

ok So changed a few things and its a little better. As you can see the out put is still being seen as 720 not 1080 as set in settings. had 16000 in antutu and by setting to preformace got it up to 20000. browser runs slow but ive got video working and not rebooting in hd now. The ui slow. but useable now with you tube and kodi and video programs working now... If i can get the firmware off the device maybe can change storage and few other things to get running better, Found mask mode pins and few others may do mod on the antena to get better connection but think some software issues to change as well.

lot of hours just to get it running to this point and true test was set up for girlfriend she got upset waiting for browser ect, its very slow in browsers.... net work is little better but seems to be a ui issue.

hopefully rbox releases an update. They seemed responsive on the 8 gig device so heres hoping they release with new sdk that was released...

Comment

Working...
                              X