No announcement yet.

H96 MAX RK3318 Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated my box using the latest firmware on https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade using the USB Key method, and the image doesn't contain any of factory installed apps, and wipes all the apps that are currently installed.

Does anyone know where I can set a copy of a factory image for the box with all the apps it originally had? Really need Netflix - and can't source a working version.

Comment

Originally posted by silver2k View Post
      I updated my box using the latest firmware on https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade using the USB Key method, and the image doesn't contain any of factory installed apps, and wipes all the apps that are currently installed.

Does anyone know where I can set a copy of a factory image for the box with all the apps it originally had? Really need Netflix - and can't source a working version.
      You have flashed thru USB method. Working rooted firmware is here from dropbox [working one] dated 10'th July 2019... https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rfn3r9wc8adesf/H%2096%20max%203318%204%2064.rar?dl=1 [You have to click...goto site]

Follow this guide to flash properly ... a short demo video ...https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...x-qPB4CWC8FFbQ

Comment

Algu?m pode me ajudar por favor ? Eu comprei uma caixa de TV, mas ela n?o come?a apenas a luz vermelha acesa. J? tentei atualizar a rom mais quando chega a 3% do download do erro, e tamb?m mudei sua fonte e nada

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 18.33.41.jpeg
Views:	6750
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	781692Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 18.33.41 (1).jpeg
Views:	6976
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	781693Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 18.33.41 (2).jpeg
Views:	7076
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	781694
        Last edited by Bruxo24h; 08-20-2019, 23:13.

Comment

And I also changed her source and nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Bruxo24h View Post
            Algu?m pode me ajudar por favor ? Eu comprei uma caixa de TV, mas ela n?o come?a apenas a luz vermelha acesa. J? tentei atualizar a rom mais quando chega a 3% do download do erro, e tamb?m mudei sua fonte e nada

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 18.33.41.jpeg
Views:	6750
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	781692Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 18.33.41 (1).jpeg
Views:	6976
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	781693Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 18.33.41 (2).jpeg
Views:	7076
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	781694
            Por qual m?todo voc? exibiu / atualizou o firmware?

Comment

Somebody can help me? I cannot found the Hard reset button on this Android Box and how it's possible step by step to install to right firmware?

Please answer me also with some photo, i am not so able in this

Thank you for all

Roberto

Comment

Originally posted by robricc07 View Post
                Somebody can help me? I cannot found the Hard reset button on this Android Box and how it's possible step by step to install to right firmware?

Please answer me also with some photo, i am not so able in this

Thank you for all

Roberto
                Its the A/V [audio-Video] port on the back side.Demo video here....for flashing the firmware...https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...x-qPB4CWC8FFbQ

Comment

Hello,

Try several times flash the box using the USB method. Try more than one Pen.
                  No luck ... firmware update stuck on the boot forever! Wait 10, 20 and 30 minutes...no update.

​​​​​After reboot system advert about the failed firmware operation.
                  Also the steps are not the same that are published in H96 website ...

So since in the essential the box works for me I'll stop try the flash.

What I woulkd like to do was change the native launcher (Mediabox) to anything better
                  And more open but system refuse anytime I try claim with a parsing error...

Anyone have success change the launcher ? If so witch one ?

Thanks a lot for all by sharing your experiences and knowlege here.

Cheers

​​

Comment

Originally posted by Art_Oliver View Post
                    Hello,

Try several times flash the box using the USB method. Try more than one Pen.
                    No luck ... firmware update stuck on the boot forever! Wait 10, 20 and 30 minutes...no update.

​​​​​After reboot system advert about the failed firmware operation.
                    Also the steps are not the same that are published in H96 website ...

So since in the essential the box works for me I'll stop try the flash.

What I woulkd like to do was change the native launcher (Mediabox) to anything better
                    And more open but system refuse anytime I try claim with a parsing error...

Anyone have success change the launcher ? If so witch one ?

Thanks a lot for all by sharing your experiences and knowlege here.

Cheers

​​
                    Flash the firmware thru' computer method not the USB method and install ATV launcher.It's very good.Computer method firmware here....https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...x-qPB4CWC8FFbQ

Comment

The problem of this tv box is that the loader is locked, that's why you can't update the firmware.

To recognize the pc you must make the following bridge.

Name:	image_38212.jpg
Views:	6059
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	784347

If the information served you please made 1 USD on paypal [email protected] Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                        I would suggest users stay away from RK3318 devices.
                        It is a low cost version of RK3328 only sold to 2 or 3 companies by Rockchip, making cheap tv boxes.
                        The CPU only runs at 1.1Ghz, not 1.5Ghz like RK3328 and corners are cut everywhere to bring the cost down to compete in price with Allwinner H6.
                        Don't expect any firmware updates or such devices to still work after 3-4 months because of the low quality RAM and emmc chips used.
                        thanks for the info especially when people are looking for new devices.
                        When I saw the crappy emmc,it took me by no surprise at all about the SD test,the speed couldn't handle 4K videos....1.1Ghz,wow...low price competition.

Comment

Kia Ora - wifi connection

Bought one of these boxes and couldn?t get my iptv to work. I updated the firmware (I think) and now I can?t pick up any wifi connections.
                          Would anyone know a solution to get the box to detect wifi connection again.
                          I have restarted the box a number of times.
                          Cheers

Comment

Hey guys. Can anyone help me here. My box just stopped working last night. I'm new to all this android box stuff. So from what I can understand I think my box is bricked red light on the box. But wont power on. I tried the reset button by av. And notting I tried the frimware up date it connected to my laptop and said upgrade successful. But still cant boot the box. I'm not sure why the box went like this. Few days ago I nottice all my apps where gone off home screen and found it strange as I didnt change anything. Would appreciate any help

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                              Kia Ora - wifi connection

Bought one of these boxes and couldn?t get my iptv to work. I updated the firmware (I think) and now I can?t pick up any wifi connections.
                              Would anyone know a solution to get the box to detect wifi connection again.
                              I have restarted the box a number of times.
                              Cheers
                              I had to patch the ROM to get my WIFI working again. It is because I have WIFI chip BCM 0x4330 Revision 4 on my board (and not BCM 0x4334 Revision 3 which seems to work just fine out of the box). The correct driver for this chip is fw_bcm40183b2.bin but the ROM loads fw_RK903_ag.bin instead, so it doesnot work. You may want to give it a try, maybe you have the same problem:

Gofile is a free, secure file sharing and storage platform. With unlimited bandwidth and storage, you can easily store and share files of any type without any limits. Our advanced features, such as CDN support and password protection, make Gofile the ideal choice for individuals and businesses alike.

This ROM is based on the no-root Rom from https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade. As su was still around in their no-root image (!) I was not able to run TV-GO from Hungarian Telekom as it needs a fully unrooted system. So I have also fixed this by fully removing su/root in this modified ROM.

Also incuded instructions and tools in the zip to unpack, modify and repack the ROM to taylor it to your needs. Enjoy!

Comment

Hello all...
                                My H96 Max 4K UHD RK 3318, 4GB ROM, 16GB RAM, Android 9 is dead.
                                After connecting the power supply, the display shows 'boot', but the tv screen is black. After 60 seconds the 'boot' disappears and inside the H96 the red LED lights ...
                                I have access to https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade.
                                How to prepare a USB flash drive and fix my H96 with use this method?

Regards, Piotr.
                                Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2019, 12:37.

Comment

• mo123
                                  mo123 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  USB upgrade doesn't work correctly on Android 9.
                                  You will most likely have to buy a new device or send the old one back.
                                  H96 devices have very high failure rates and zero support, that's why they are so cheap.

Try flashing from a PC or connect to a different tv.
                              Working...
                              X