H96 MAX RK3318 Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    Connecting to another TV is unlikely to fix the H96 ... To use my laptop to try to repair the H96 I need to buy a USB cable A male x 2 ...
    I'm going to the store for a cable. I will give the results in a few hours ...

Regards, Piotr.

I'm back...This is not funny, but true - I can't buy a USB-A x 2 male (IS) cable in Keflavik ... I have to make this cable myself, out of old cables...

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

I am again. It took a while, but I had other things ...
    I made a cable and followed the video from the manufacturer, for me the 'reset' button works.
    The resuscitation of my H96 4K... ended with SUCCESS!

I greet, Piotr.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-01-2019, 00:10.

Comment

Originally posted by yapspl View Post
      Hi,
      I made a cable and followed the video from the manufacturer, for me the 'reset' button works.
      Hi Piotr, glad you could make it work!

So you didn't short any pins or bridge test-points?

I have reasons to believe the USB cable I got is faulty.
      It did recognize the device only for a second and not anymore after that.

I tried the MicroSD card method first and again for a fraction of a second it showed the H96 logo and nothing afterwards, just a loop of quick resets.

Comment

So you didn't short any pins or bridge test-points?
        I did not confime any PIN... I made a cable by myself, the ' Reset ' button worked. Tv Box works, but it's not too good... It is not stable. Clock/display goes off after installation/uninstallation apk... Problems with Google Chrome browsers, Opera... I need to find a better ROM...

Piotr.

Comment

Thanks Piotr, mine was fine with:
          https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade H96 max rk3318 USB flash Drive (Rockchip rk3318) Firmware Android 9.0 《 Downlod 》

Of course that was until I installed SuperSU, updated the binary and got the bootloop.

I am looking at other boxes right now. I bought 2 of these and I was thinking I did something wrong with the "bricked" one, but no - button doesn't work at all even on the good one!
          Nothing f***ing works... I am getting another USB-USB cable tomorrow so let's see.

Update: Today I got a new cable and IT WORKS! Following instructions the device was recognized and it went into MaskRom Mode, then it flashed the ROM successfully.
          Last edited by dindin; 10-09-2019, 09:35.

Comment

Today I got a new cable and IT WORKS! Following instructions the device was recognized and it went into MaskRom Mode, then it flashed the ROM successfully.

That's good news!
            I am currently living in Iceland. There are big problems with buying little popular accessories. Certain cables, adaptors, and crossings can not be bought. That's why my cable is really" my "...
            My H96... behave strange. When I checked ROOT with the use of KingoRoot SU, the message: " The device is not rooted/does not have ROOT ". How is it with Your H96...?

Piotr.

Comment

Hi Piotr, still you have a working cable and that's a good thing.
              I can confirm I have root, in fact it even has SuperSU installed.
              As a matter of fact this stock is even better than the one that the box came pre-installed with. And a most recent Android security patch too.
              Of course it does has some pre-installed apps, which you can remove. For example I found RKMC bloated and lagging. OK, maybe it's actually good, but not for this hardware.
              So I can really recommend it - so far everything works - WiFi, Bluetooth, LAN, you name it.
              Settings now have more useful options.

Let me know if you need anything else.
              Daniel

Comment

I can confirm I have root, in fact it even has SuperSU installed.
                Dear Daniel, I too have preinstalled SuperSU, which shows that it is ROOT. When I installed KingoRoot SU showed the message: " The device is not rooted/does not have ROOT ". I do not understand what's going on? China ROOT for H96..., half ROOT?

Igreet, Piotr.

Comment

Hi Piotr, I don't understand why you need KingoRoot.
                  For me it's enough that I have access to root partition and apps request SU elevation - i get the prompt and it's working fine.

Actually I wanted to update SuperSU to 2.82, but I can't in recovery, I can't with third party apps ... How did you do it?
                  I'd also like to replace the stock recovery with TWRP too, but I'm afraid we ain't got a great box, but it's not bad either.
                  So this guy is kinda right, I just hope it would last.

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                  I would suggest users stay away from RK3318 devices.
                  It is a low cost version of RK3328 only sold to 2 or 3 companies by Rockchip, making cheap tv boxes.
                  The CPU only runs at 1.1Ghz, not 1.5Ghz like RK3328 and corners are cut everywhere to bring the cost down to compete in price with Allwinner H6.
                  Don't expect any firmware updates or such devices to still work after 3-4 months because of the low quality RAM and emmc chips used.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Dear Daniel, I too have preinstalled SuperSU, which shows that it is ROOT. When I installed KingoRoot SU showed the message: " The device is not rooted/does not have ROOT ". I do not understand what's going on? China ROOT for H96..., half ROOT?

Igreet, Piotr.
                    It is fully rooted. It does not even ask your permission to allow root access. Every app need is has root access. :-) Just use it that way, why would you install other root?

Comment

Hi all first post here.

my H96 max rk3318 is now 2 months old, worked fine so far but suddenly i need to play around with power supply socket to get it to switch on, seems that the power socket is loose. tried getting support from Banggood ( where i bought it ) and Manufacturer but no joy. Any thoughts how i can resolve ? is this something i can try to repair ?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cili View Post
                        Hi all first post here.

my H96 max rk3318 is now 2 months old, worked fine so far but suddenly i need to play around with power supply socket to get it to switch on, seems that the power socket is loose. tried getting support from Banggood ( where i bought it ) and Manufacturer but no joy. Any thoughts how i can resolve ? is this something i can try to repair ?

thanks
                        I would open the box to see if the connector has lost connection with the PCB. If you can solder, it is very easy to fix.

Comment

I Brick the device because I update a wrong firmware. What can i do now?

Comment

Originally posted by spider81man View Post
                            I Brick the device because I update a wrong firmware. What can i do now?
                            Load the last known good working firmware?

Comment

thanks will open box and check connector

Comment

Originally posted by kadzsol View Post

Load the last known good working firmware?
                                I can't do that, the PC doesn't watch the device.

Comment

Working...
                                X