Hardware OS: Android 9.0
    CPU: Rockchip RK3318
    GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450 Up to 750Mhz+
    RAM: 4GB DDR3
    ROM: 64GB eMMC
    Communication Wireless: WiFi 2.4G/5G
    LAN: 10/100M
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth4.0
    Media Support Decoder format: 4K VP9 Video decoder, H.265/H.264 video decoder 1080P other video decoders (VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8)"
    Support Media format: Avi/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg Support Music format: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/DDP/HD/FLAC/APE
    Support Photo format: HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
    High Definition video output: 4K (4096x2160 pixel )
    HDR: HDR10 and HLG modes
    HDD File system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
    Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
    Interface AV, DC 5V, Ethernet, HDMI, AV, TF card slot, USB2.0, USB3.0
    Package Contents Power adaptor,HDMI cable,user manual,remote
    $42.99 after coupon: IOUPFCLD for the 4/64g

Geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 05-11-2019, 11:03.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Well After some Delay we can finally have a bit of a look see at the

H96 MAX RK3318 Android 9.0 4GB/32GB 4K TV Box 2.4G/5G Wifi LAN Bluetooth
    Thanks to Geekbuying

First of the RK3318 I have had a look at,
    let's see what the deal is as found

Rockchip RK3318
    Model:H96 MAX
    CPU: Rockchip RK3318
    GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450 Up to 750Mhz+
    4GB DDR3
    32GB eMMC

WiFi 2.4G/5G
    10/100M
    Bluetooth4.0

Media
    Support Decoder format: 4K VP9 Video decoder, H.265/H.264 video decoder 1080P other video decoders (VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8)"
    Support Media format: Avi/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
    Support Music format: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/DDP/HD/FLAC/APE
    Support Photo format: HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
    High Definition video output: 4K (4096x2160 pixel )
    HDR: HDR10 and HLG modes
    HDD File system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
    Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
    Interface
    AV, DC 5V, Ethernet, HDMI, AV, TF card slot, USB2.0, USB3.0
    Package Contents
    Power adaptor,HDMI cable,user manual,remote
    H96 MAX Android TV BOX powered by RK3318 64bit Quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-450 GPU, it is better at image processing, providing users a better experience of ultra-fast running speed and professional image processing ability.
    Android 9.0 OS
    It raises the bar in performance and usability, compatibility with the latest Android applications and the apps and runs smoothly without any lagging or freezing.
    4GB RAM + 32GB ROM
    H96 MAX is equipped with 4GB RAM+ 32GB ROM, supporting stable operations and providing you with more space and caches to enjoy your entertainment.
    2.4G/5G Dual Band WiFi
    With support for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band, it can transmit higher amounts of data.
    4K Ultra HD
    With HDMI 2.0, supports H.265 4K output, more powerful than H.264, let you watch the 4K movie smoothly, and every detail of the screen is glossy, bring you a more realistic movie, game, and music experience.

Hmm Much the same as Most Others

Lets have a look see: this is the 4/32Gb Unit

The Box

What's in the Box

Remove Base

Out with PCB

Closer Look

Ports

More as it happens

Geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 07-13-2019, 07:00.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

On with the SHOW and tell

H96 MAX RK3318 Android 9.0 4GB/32GB 4K TV Box 2.4G/5G Wifi LAN Bluetooth
      Thanks once more to Geekbuying

Start up OK, no major issues tad slow about all
      Connection to WiFi and Ethernet tested and used OK
      Google connection easy, updated and installed Apps.

OK looking UI same but a little different.
      Running Android 9 has Root, No Bars

As you will see Speeds, CPU/RAM, this is no Power house
      Would be fine I guess for a basic streamer, Apps etc.
      Its working OK
      Doing as it should no quirks as yet.

We seen all the goings on with most RK chips/boxers Nothing much different at this stage.
      RK3318 I feel a Budget chip aimed Lower end of the market

Netflix OK @480p
      Prime OK @???
      YT Ok

UI and System Info etc:

Still Got the old HOT POT

Drm Info L3:

Root:

Ram and Storage Truth:

SD Card Test Pro:
      Apart from Running sideways bit slow in the ram

CPU-Z:

AIDA64:

YT:

Prime:

Geekbench: CPU
      More Info >> http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13894056

Geekbench: Compute
      More Info >> http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/4292219

Looks like Rocket Cleaner has lost its shape a little:

And thanks to Geekbuying for the opportunity to show and tell

Geekbuying << Click
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I have one thing to add...i own one.....the clock display is very hard to see, so even in a dark bedroom as that's where mine is being used, you wont be able to tell time.And its stuck on the 24 hour time, it wont change to 12 hour time, how do i know? i sent one back got a new one, same problem.

Comment

Yes normally these clocks can be so bright they BURN your eyes in line of site
          Unlike this one a little on the darker side.

All good, the less LED blindness from the viewing angle is always better i find.

Not a bad little box for what it is and what it can do I am finding.

My Missus likes the colour
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Yes not a bad little box i agree, I like it.I had a Tanix box that had the clock that was so bright it would hurt your eyes, so i put a piece of window tint film for the car over it and worked good.That was going to be my plan with this box, but i took the box apart and cut out a square piece of plastic where the LED and you can see it and read it without it hurting the eyes.

I normally don't buy a box for the clock, but this one I did and was disappointed just about that. ..lol

Comment

I have one of these and bricked it. Tried the RockChip Batch tool but can't seem to find the proper firmware for this device. Anyone know where to get something that will work on this RockChip 3318 board? The AV button does not function as usual. Held AV button down during boot, device still does not go past the boot screen.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	RockChip-3318.png Views:	0 Size:	381.0 KB ID:	778564

Last edited by FreakDad; 07-16-2019, 00:20.

Comment

If you use factory tool 1.64 and short out the two nand pins (or small round pads) on the back of the board while plugging it into a USB OTG cable while holding the reset button with version 4.8 of the drivers installed you should be able to resurrect it again.

Comment

Originally posted by rdvickers81 View Post
                  If you use factory tool 1.64 and short out the two nand pins (or small round pads) on the back of the board while plugging it into a USB OTG cable while holding the reset button with version 4.8 of the drivers installed you should be able to resurrect it again.
                  Looks like the YouTube videos I find on jumping the pins show the other X96 Max (Android 8.1) box. They are not the same boards:

However I was able to contact a Chinese munufacturer and they sent me the "FactoryTool" & Firmware which I was successfully able to flash to the device.
                  Last edited by FreakDad; 07-20-2019, 02:51.

Comment

Would You be able to share the firmware they supplied
                    Thanks
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I used the link straight from the manufacturer, its the first entry and updated about 2 weeks ago - https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade

Last edited by trebor; 07-20-2019, 02:55.

Comment

• trebor
                        trebor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank You...

Originally posted by rdvickers81 View Post
                      I used the link straight from the manufacturer, its the first entry and updated about 2 weeks ago - https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade
                      Since this is the source of the firmware, I will delete my link hosting a version of the firmware that will be outdated. Was looking for this but no one posted anything.
                      Last edited by FreakDad; 07-24-2019, 01:33.

Comment

• trebor
                        trebor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Removed reference so people wont try

H96 Max Pro 64 Question:
                      I have just got myself a new H96 Max pro 64 with the 3318 chip which I think is the same as the one shown here in the post, except mine is the 64G EMMC version).

My question (as a newcomer to this type of tv box) is how to ensure the apps get updated without a whole firmware update - or is this even possible ?
                      (as a side note I had previously owned an Xtreamer android tv base box which would update itself either via OTA or SD card exe for firmware or apps via the Google playstore for Android TV. The company has gone out of business so no more firmware updates !)

I notice that the H96 has a core base of apps that are preinstalled as part of the firmware, like RKMC (rockchip fork of kodi), MX Player, etc.
                      But for instance if I want MX Player to get updated regularly (as it would be if installed from the google play store) what do I need to do:
                      that is:
                      1. do nothing as auto update will ensure they get updated (?)
                      2. uninstall the app (e.g. MX Player) and reinstall under my google login to ensure it updates regularly (?)
                      3. something else again (?)

As an extra question can we run stock standard Kodi (from Google Play) alongside RKMC on the one box ?

Comment

Originally posted by Parrameister View Post
                        H96 Max Pro 64 Question:
                        My question (as a newcomer to this type of tv box) is how to ensure the apps get updated without a whole firmware update - or is this even possible ?
                        (as a side note I had previously owned an Xtreamer android tv base box which would update itself either via OTA or SD card exe for firmware or apps via the Google playstore for Android TV. The company has gone out of business so no more firmware updates !)

I notice that the H96 has a core base of apps that are preinstalled as part of the firmware, like RKMC (rockchip fork of kodi), MX Player, etc.
                        But for instance if I want MX Player to get updated regularly (as it would be if installed from the google play store) what do I need to do:
                        that is:
                        1. do nothing as auto update will ensure they get updated (?)
                        2. uninstall the app (e.g. MX Player) and reinstall under my google login to ensure it updates regularly (?)
                        3. something else again (?)

As an extra question can we run stock standard Kodi (from Google Play) alongside RKMC on the one box ?
                        Updating apps: Yes they will get updated through the PlayStore if they are the standard freeware apps. These should all be visible in your PlayStore account under your apps section. At least this worked for me.

Kodi: You can run regular Kodi along side of RKMC.

So far I have not seen any OTA updates for this box and am wondering if they will have to be manually installed in the future?

Comment

I would suggest users stay away from RK3318 devices.
                          It is a low cost version of RK3328 only sold to 2 or 3 companies by Rockchip, making cheap tv boxes.
                          The CPU only runs at 1.1Ghz, not 1.5Ghz like RK3328 and corners are cut everywhere to bring the cost down to compete in price with Allwinner H6.
                          Don't expect any firmware updates or such devices to still work after 3-4 months because of the low quality RAM and emmc chips used.

Comment

Working...
                          X