No announcement yet.

H96 MAX RK3318 Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, everyone! I have 4/32 version. Main point of this devise is overheting. It is was very hot even in stand by mode - up to +85C with my device. My previous tv-stick was MX808, it still works, but it become not so stable. I think that my MX808 is alive for 7 year because I have made effective fan cooling for it.
    Attached Files

Comment

So, my new cheap box is damn hot. Aluminium radiator of processor is attached with thick, low quality 2-side clue tape, I have remove it very easy. On main processor I can't find any track of clue tape. So, in my case it is aluminium radiator just didn't work as due. I have stuck radiator on processor with liguid heat transver clue. I add second diy radiator on flash-chip.
      Attached Files

Comment

It didn't give me decrease of temperature. Then I have made a lot of small holes on the top. No good result. I remembered about my MX808 fan-cooling and have made it for subj.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have use 12V fan, with 4,9V power. It's just can't be heard even at night, when I can hear clock ticking in another room of my flat. It looks like some Frankenshtein, but it is maximum +65C now often +55C, +60C , no any processor frequency reduction because overheat protection. Measured with "CPU temperature" (with my device works properly only 3.4 version). I have made square holes in front and right side of case for effective air vent.
          Attached Files

Comment

Leave now this model of tv-box without improved cooling - guestions about repair soon. Sorry for multiposting and poor english, I wish you all the best!

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I read now the manufacturer has to set the ro.boot.wificountrycode=CN in the Boardconfig.mk file 5 places when they build the firmware so 13 channels can work.
              So unless the manufacturer can build new firmware, I don't think anything will work.

Code:
              device/rockchip/common/BoardConfig.mk:70:BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE := androidboot.wificountrycode=US androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 firmware_class.path=/vendor/etc/firmware init=/init rootwait ro init=/init
              device/rockchip/common/BoardConfig.mk:72:BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE := console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.baseband=N/A androidboot.wificountrycode=US androidboot.veritymode=enforcing androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 firmware_class.path=/vendor/etc/firmware init=/init rootwait ro init=/init root=PARTUUID=af01642c-9b84-11e8-9b2a-234eb5e198a0

device/rockchip/common/BoardConfig.mk:81:ROCKCHIP_RECOVERYIMAGE_CMDLINE_ARGS ?= console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.baseband=N/A androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.wificountrycode=US androidboot.veritymode=enforcing androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 firmware_class.path=/vendor/etc/firmware init=/init root=PARTUUID=af01642c-9b84-11e8-9b2a-234eb5e198a0

device/rockchip/common/BoardConfig.mk:461: BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE := androidboot.wificountrycode=US androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 firmware_class.path=/vendor/etc/firmware init=/init rootwait ro init=/init

device/rockchip/common/BoardConfig.mk:463: BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE := console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.baseband=N/A androidboot.wificountrycode=US androidboot.veritymode=enforcing androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 firmware_class.path=/vendor/etc/firmware init=/init rootwait ro init=/init

device/rockchip/common/BoardConfig.mk:468: ROCKCHIP_RECOVERYIMAGE_CMDLINE_ARGS := console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.baseband=N/A androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.wificountrycode=US androidboot.veritymode=enforcing androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 firmware_class.path=/vendor/etc/firmware init=/init
              Thank you for your explanation.
              I will try find more about this topic.

Comment

I would like to know how can I change some default settings on the boot of the tv box like:
                1- Display resolution in 1920x1280p50rhz;
                2- Max speaker;
                3- Wifi switch off.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by robrazil View Post
                  1- Display resolution in 1920x1280p50rhz;
                  Hi!
                  About resolution - try to turn off all 3 switches in "Settings -> device preferences -> inputs"

Comment

Originally posted by ayaan View Post
                    Hi!
                    About resolution - try to turn off all 3 switches in "Settings -> device preferences -> inputs"
                    Thank you but I need to set this on the boot as default because when I power off and power on the TV box, the changes are restarted.
                    I think that has a way to set this in some file system. but I don't know what is this file neither the codes to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by robrazil View Post

Thank you but I need to set this on the boot as default because when I power off and power on the TV box, the changes are restarted.
                      I think that has a way to set this in some file system. but I don't know what is this file neither the codes to do that.
                      You can try a startup script or add to build.prop
                      persist.sys.resolution.main=1920x1080p50

Might need to change it to persist.vendor* or 1920x1080p50.00 or [email protected]
                      Try in a terminal app until you get the command that works.

In a terminal you have to type it a little different to execute eg.
                      setprop persist.sys.resolution.main 1920x1080@50
                      setprop persist.vendor.resolution.main 1920x1080p50
                      setprop persist.vendor.resolution.main 1920x1080p50.00
                      setprop persist.vendor.resolution.main 1920x1080@50
                      setprop persist.vendor.resolution.main [email protected]

If the resolution is not remembered after a reboot, the manufacturer might have excluded the baseparameter partition that saves the resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by kadzsol View Post

I had to patch the ROM to get my WIFI working again. It is because I have WIFI chip BCM 0x4330 Revision 4 on my board (and not BCM 0x4334 Revision 3 which seems to work just fine out of the box). The correct driver for this chip is fw_bcm40183b2.bin but the ROM loads fw_RK903_ag.bin instead, so it doesnot work. You may want to give it a try, maybe you have the same problem:

Gofile is a free, secure file sharing and storage platform. With unlimited bandwidth and storage, you can easily store and share files of any type without any limits. Our advanced features, such as CDN support and password protection, make Gofile the ideal choice for individuals and businesses alike.

This ROM is based on the no-root Rom from https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade. As su was still around in their no-root image (!) I was not able to run TV-GO from Hungarian Telekom as it needs a fully unrooted system. So I have also fixed this by fully removing su/root in this modified ROM.

Also incuded instructions and tools in the zip to unpack, modify and repack the ROM to taylor it to your needs. Enjoy!
                        Hello,
                        This rom worked for me but got only the 2.4g wifi working.
                        Can you patch the drivers for 5g wifi and bluetooth too?
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You can try a startup script or add to build.prop
                          persist.sys.resolution.main=1920x1080p50

Might need to change it to persist.vendor* or 1920x1080p50.00 or [email protected]
                          Try in a terminal app until you get the command that works.

In a terminal you have to type it a little different to execute eg.
                          setprop persist.sys.resolution.main 1920x1080@50
                          setprop persist.vendor.resolution.main 1920x1080p50
                          setprop persist.vendor.resolution.main 1920x1080p50.00
                          setprop persist.vendor.resolution.main 1920x1080@50
                          setprop persist.vendor.resolution.main [email protected]

If the resolution is not remembered after a reboot, the manufacturer might have excluded the baseparameter partition that saves the resolution.
                          Sorry for delay but I was trying some things that I saw about this subject matter.
                          Well... first, the code "setprop persist.sys.resolution.main" in terminal app didn't work.
                          I found the code "wm size heightXwidth", e.g. "wm size 1920x1080" but it worked partially because the display size was changed inside of the delimited screen an not outside of it.
                          Below are some screenshots that I did to explain better:
                          1- The screen when TV box is power on:

Click image for larger version  Name:	box1.png Views:	0 Size:	293.4 KB ID:	799157
                          See that is a black border on all screen because the TV box is not in full screen, when it is power on.

2- So, I need change the resolution display for 1920x1080 following the steps, all the time when I power on the TV box:

Click image for larger version  Name:	box2.png Views:	0 Size:	295.2 KB ID:	799159

Click image for larger version  Name:	box3.png Views:	0 Size:	449.4 KB ID:	799158

Click image for larger version  Name:	box4.png Views:	0 Size:	483.1 KB ID:	799160

Click image for larger version  Name:	box5.png Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	799162

Click image for larger version  Name:	box6.png Views:	0 Size:	138.1 KB ID:	799163

Click image for larger version  Name:	box7.png Views:	0 Size:	549.8 KB ID:	799164

3- Now, the size filled the entire screen no black border:
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	box8.png Views:	0 Size:	260.8 KB ID:	799165

Well... I would like to know if exist a way to set default the screen size in 1920x1080 50hz as default so that stay there all the time when the tv box is started.

P.S.: I would like to know too if has a way to set disabled wifi as default and the and the highest volume, because all the time when the box is started the wifi is enabled and the volume is low.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by johnymp View Post

Hello,
                            This rom worked for me but got only the 2.4g wifi working.
                            Can you patch the drivers for 5g wifi and bluetooth too?
                            Thanks!
                            I cannot patch drivers. What I can do is update/replace the original drivers in the image (ROM) if a better one is available.

Comment

Originally posted by kadzsol View Post

I cannot patch drivers. What I can do is update/replace the original drivers in the image (ROM) if a better one is available.
                              Everything is working with the rooted version from https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade H96 max rk3318 (Rockchip rk3318) Firmware Android 9.0 https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...x-qPB4CWC8FFbQ

can you replace with them? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by johnymp View Post

Everything is working with the rooted version from https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade H96 max rk3318 (Rockchip rk3318) Firmware Android 9.0 https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...x-qPB4CWC8FFbQ

can you replace with them? thanks
                                try this https://gofile.io/?c=lt42eM (root/su removed but have no time to test. Based on the latest ROM/above link)

Comment

Working...
                                X