Need Help!!!!! H96 MAX Majorly Bricked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help!!!!! H96 MAX Majorly Bricked

First hi yall. This forum has given me some great insight and learned quite a bit about this box in like less then 2 days lol. So 2 nights ago, i was just listening to music on. Nothing new, i do it all the time. Now ive had the box about 2 months. Mainly got it because i only had to pay $20 and figured why not for double the features of my previous boxes. Now i do know about flashing and installing roms. I installed some custom roms on my old boxes. Anyway while listening to music, i went to change the song and it completely froze. So i unplugged it. This was the first time i had to unplug it due to freezing. Now Ive had to do it plenty of times on my other boxes. So i unplug it then go plug it back in. Normally the little blue led would come on. Nope. Only the red one. Box come on at all. I tried the power adapters from my other boxes, still no luck. So figured something happened with the firmware> So downloaded the correct firmware and all the drivers and tools/apps and proceeded to reflash the stock firmware. It said it all completed successfully. Went to hook it up to tv. Samething. Box wouldnt turn on. Only the red led would be lite. So tried reflashing the rom several times to no avail. They all said successful but box would not boot up. So grabbed my sd card and decided id try to flash it that way, thinking maybe its something with my laptop or app or something. So followed the instructions on how to make a bootable sd card with the stock firmware. Got done, put it in box. plugged box in. Screen comes on finally....YAY RIGHT? Nope!!! After the logo screen, it went immediately to the recovery screen and down at the bottom it says failed to mount blah blah blah like in the pic below. Because where usually once you setup the sd card itll automatically install, update, flash whatever. The sd card tried to do that and the box returned with those errors. So tried to wipe the cache. Says failed to something or other. Samething if i hit wipe date/factory reset. So shut it down. Took out sd card and i redid the sd card. I didnt use the program to make the sd card automatically try to flash the rom. Plan was to just put the firmware on the sd card and click apply update from sd card back in recovery. It was back to same way. Wouldnt boot again. So after trial and error i found out it will only turn on/boot to recovery only if i have the sd card formatted through the program to automatically install the firmware soon as devices gets power. But still returns the same thing like in the pic below. So i even left it in recovery and took sd card out. So i could place the firmware file on it and put the sd card back in while it was still in recovery and went apply update through sd card. Still says same thing. Failed to mount file directory does not exist So somehow im thinking the box got completely wiped, like theres absolutely nothing on it. Even after me getting the successful message after flashing the firmware with my laptop. Like the program says it flashed successfully but the box aint taking it. and only reason why itll only boot at all eeven if it is just to recovery with sd card formatted with the program to auto flash the firmware is because theres actually something on the sd card trying to boot and work. i dont know. Been at this for like 2 days and have literally tried everything thats on the internet. I think its dead. But hey open to suggestions.

First pic is the program telling me the flash was successful..................2nd & 3rd pic is with sd card set to auto flash the firmware and the errors i get. These errors is why i believe my box has been completely wiped
    Attached Files

You need to short the nand pins on the box, as outlined in this thread. https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...18-android-9-0

Comment

Originally posted by rdvickers81 View Post
      You need to short the nand pins on the box, as outlined in this thread. https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...18-android-9-0
      I see what and why your suggesting that, but from my understanding. That's only to get the box into maskrom mode instead of loader. So it could be successfully flashed. I don't have a problem getting mine into maskrom mode. All I have to do is after selecting the firmware file. I click erase flash before clicking upgrade and after its done erasing the flash its already in maskrom mode until after the its done flashing the firmware through the upgrade link.

Comment

Working...
      X