Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A95XR3 RK3318 Android 9.0 4K TV BOX 2GB/16GB Bluetooth 2.4G+5G WiFi 100M LAN USB3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A95XR3 RK3318 Android 9.0 4K TV BOX 2GB/16GB Bluetooth 2.4G+5G WiFi 100M LAN USB3.0

Highlight
    • Android 9.0 OS
    • It is based on the Android 9.0 OS, with high speed and smooth performance, which is designed to turn your regular TV into a smart one.
    • Rockchip RK3318
    This TV BOX powered by RK3318 64bit Quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-450 GPU, it is better at image processing, providing users a better experience of ultra-fast running speed and professional image processing ability.
    • 2.4G/5G Dual Band WiFi
    With support for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band, it can transmit higher amounts of data.
    • DDR3 2GB+ eMMC 16GB
    It is equipped with 2GB RAM+ 16GB ROM, supporting stable operations and providing you with more space and caches to enjoy your entertainment.
    • Rich Applications
    Support most famous applications like Youtube, Netflix, Google Play and more. For the increase in APP installation, the demand for RAM is increasing Again. IG RAW will result in slow and frozen operations. However, 2G RAW can load more apps and run smoothly.

Geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 08-12-2019, 03:28.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

A95XR3 RK3318 Android 9.0 4K TV BOX

$28.99 after coupon: 3KWPLFSO 2/16GB
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/A95X...tm_term=A95XR3

$36.99 after coupon: 3KWPPAEJ 4/32GB

$39.99 after coupon: 3KMJAVAB 4/64GB
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hello everybody,

it's been three months since I bought the 2GB/16GB version of the A95XR3 and so far I have to say I'm quite positively surprised how well this device works. Various other Android TV-boxes over the last two years were mostly a disappointment for me and I didn't keep them for very long. Issues with the hardware and more often with the software (crashes, unstability) killed the fun with these mediaplayers quickly and it was too much hassle to use them on a daily basis. In comparison this litte box behaved differently & better and here are some pros and cons from my side:

Pro:
      - Works out of the box just fine, no stability issues, no crashes
      - comes with preconfigured launcher (looks a bit like a copy from Android TV); clean & simple, easy to use
      - GUI & Kodi run in 1920x1080 resolution - I like that very much
      - Wifi with 2,4 + 5Ghz; both stable and with good data transfer rates if the distance to the router is not to far
      - Bluetooth and also stable
      - AC3 and DTS passthrough with all channels via dig. optical output (no downmix to stereo or something like that)
      - better working remote control (you don't have to point it directly to the box), the IR-sensor seems to have quite a good range; can be also used to operate your TV)
      - LED-display on the front is not one of the horribly bright ones ;-)

Cons:
      - cheap, very lightweight plastic
      - no rubber feet on the bottom of the device
      - sold as a 4K mediaplayer but struggles quickly with real 4K content

Luckily the last point was the only disappointment for me when it comes to the A95XR3. Well, for just €20,00 - €22,00 you have to expect such things. I "fixed" that by buying some rubber feed for a few cents in a hardware store, so the box stays on its place.

There are lots of reviews of TV-boxes with the RK3318 available and most of them say nothing too good about this chipset. The RK3318 is underpowered, cut down, trimmed-down from the RK3328 for just one reason: To build TV-boxes as cheaply as possible. If you want to watch high bitrate 4K-content or to play games on Android - stay away from this box. It will only disappoint you heavily, it simply doesn't have the performance and realistically you can't expect that from such a cheap box.

I'm using the A95XR3 primarily as a mediaplayer for mostly videos up to 1080p and pretty much every mediafile plays perfectly. I installed an FTP-server for comfortable datatransfers from the PC, a better filemanager, VLC and the original Kodi-Version. You can leave the box running for days playing videos, playing music or whatever. The A95XR3 runs stable & cool, doesn't get hot or even overheats, doesn't lose your wifi-connection or does other strange things I've experienced with other boxes. A decent, very stable mediaplayer for everything up to 1080p and of course a nice, capable streaming device. I'd say that alone is quite some value for the price of this TV box.

If that is it what you're looking for, then the A95XR3 can be just fine for you. If you need processing power for games, real 4K content and something like that, then the rk3318 is definitely not for you.

PS: Netflix is preinstalled. It is an older version: 4.9.5. As usual works only in 480p, but can at least mostly operated with the remote that comes with the box. It is more fun to use the Kodi-plugin for Netflix, but with the constant changes it is not guaranteed to work all time.
      Last edited by Vienna; 01-02-2020, 14:08.

Comment

Working...
      X