T9 RK3318 4gb/64gb OS 9.0 woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T9 RK3318 4gb/64gb OS 9.0 woes

Hi guys. I bought this T9 and it worked pretty good to begin with. Half of the documentation says is an RK3328 and half says its a RK3318. Well I popped off the heat sink and it appears to indeed be a RK3318.

Im not entirely sure I have the correct ROM for it, the vendor has not gotten back to me. It was Android OS9.

I wanted to change the launcher and a few things so from some forum suggestions I proceeded to load SuperSU on it and that was the end of it working good. At that point it would still boot to the initial boot screen and freeze there. I tried to repair the ROM and in that process now it doesnt even get to the boot screen.

Within all the tools it says that it is in Maskrom mode. It starts in this mode if I push the button or not. But if I try to load anything with any of the RK tools I get similar messages of not being successful. Just the blue square in Batch tools with no successful communication.

I have been pouring through suggestions and posts for a week or so and havent been able to get anywhere so I thought I might see if anyone has some specific suggestions for this situation.

Thanks for the great forum!
    Last edited by Slickpuss; 10-06-2019, 11:22.

Ok. Seemed like forever with no success. Every program, every method, fail, fail, fail.

On a whim I tried to load a different ROM using Android Tool 2.51. I used ROM "RK3318_DC_H96_Max_RK3318_HS2734C_AP6330_9_201 9072 2.1614.img",

and whammy it took it. So that seems like progress even through its definitely not the correct ROM.

Its not fixed now, but it boot loops. I get the boot images and then stuck. So now I have to get through that, but at least its not dead as I suspected.

So many stupid ROMs and vendors that dont give support. Wish I had the correct one. (Apparently the 3328 is not compatible with the 3318 as many have suggested.)

If anyone has the T9 RK3318 4gb/64gb with the stock Android V9 ROM, Id really like to get my hands on it. Its not available anywhere currently.
    Last edited by Slickpuss; 10-06-2019, 11:25.

Comment

I do have 2 t9 rk3318 that i am having problems with the 9.0....my vpn shuts down the ethernet port and will only work with wifi....so was looking for a way to put 8.1 on the box but i was afraid i would brick it... I'm only working with one box the other t9 is not opened yet....Anyway if there is a way i can clone one of them i would be more then happy to send you the file

Comment

I finally got the firmware from the vendor. Happily I have the android box working again. If anyone needs the firmware let me know and I can upload it somewhere.

Its Android 9 for the T9 with 4gb/64gb and the RK3318 chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Slickpuss View Post
          I finally got the firmware from the vendor. Happily I have the android box working again. If anyone needs the firmware let me know and I can upload it somewhere.

Its Android 9 for the T9 with 4gb/64gb and the RK3318 chip.
          Oh wow, just what I have been searching for, hopefully.
          Only issue is mine are 4gb+32gb. Would it work I wonder.
          The Case for Reform
          Drug Science Prof D. Nutt
          The life of a good person means more to me than that of a bad person.
          I have no borders as far as good people go.

Comment

Have contacted vendor as well in the hope they might have some solution. Will keep you informed.
            The Case for Reform

Comment

I posted a link yesterday, but its still pending moderator approval.

Comment

OK thanks. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm if OK to use on the T9 RK3318 4gb/32gb box. 
                The Case for Reform

Comment

Just received from vendor...

Hi,Kevin Have a nice day, Please download the firmware from the link as below: https://mega.nz/#!wGgR1CxZ!G6tYPfEzR0CpmwQaanQVvlq8zip5QvxAd9jgN24 P_T4

Here is the link about how to use the firmware : https://mega.nz/#!gag1AaxQ!LiFciphuKfVW6Gpn2SgHl4TMeIh0zQB6-7wYvAPit7A

If this can not solve the problem, please email us again. Best wishes with thanks, Abby
                  The Case for Reform

Comment

Well I get a config error when I try both of the options they suggested.
                    Any chance we could get slickpuss link posted up?
                    The Case for Reform

Comment

Sending box back tomorrow.
                      Too much hassle.
                      The Case for Reform

Comment

Originally posted by KBL View Post
                        Just received from vendor...

Hi,Kevin Have a nice day, Please download the firmware from the link as below: https://mega.nz/#!wGgR1CxZ!G6tYPfEzR0CpmwQaanQVvlq8zip5QvxAd9jgN24 P_T4

Here is the link about how to use the firmware : https://mega.nz/#!gag1AaxQ!LiFciphuKfVW6Gpn2SgHl4TMeIh0zQB6-7wYvAPit7A

If this can not solve the problem, please email us again. Best wishes with thanks, Abby
                        This worked for me. RK3318 4GB RAM and 32 GB ROM. The only problem was the remote. I will search for remote.conf files, or if someone it's having those files, please reply. Thanks to all.

Comment

• gefattern
                          gefattern commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hint : use Keyboard & BT Mouse , best , good luck / gefattern

Originally posted by romstart View Post

This worked for me. RK3318 4GB RAM and 32 GB ROM. The only problem was the remote. I will search for remote.conf files, or if someone it's having those files, please reply. Thanks to all.
                        Rockchip devices don't use remote.conf files.
                        You will need to contact the manufacturer for the correct firmware that supports your remote.

Comment

Originally posted by Slickpuss View Post

broken link, could put online

thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X