• Time
  • Show
Clear All

TICTID T8 MAX or whatever is its real name and model

Hi to everyone and first of all:
    1) sorry for my bad english
    2) thanks in advance to all that will spend time to help me

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
    TICTID is just a Trademark Brand, meaning your device is probably a clone and the same as other Trademark Brands like HK1, Bqeel, H96, or Vontar, all of which are made by the same unknown OEM/ODM manufacturer, but I suspect they are all made by Elebao Technology Co.
    3) special thanks to RiCkLaR_atvX to let me understand something about what I buy (unfortunately)

The "TicTid T8 Max" with Android 10 is actually quite well reviewed in many tecnology italian sites so I decided to replace my Mecool 8S Pro+ with a new Tv Box mainly cause the Mecool doesn't provide a 5 GHz Wifi connetion.

The device I purchased had a label outside of the box with all the features:
    Model: T8 MAX
    CPU: RK3318 Quad-Core
    GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450
    RAM: 4GB
    ROM: 128GB eMMC
    Ethernet: 100Mbps LAN
    WIFI: 802.11b/g/n/ac, 2.4G/5GHz
    Adapter: DC/5V/2A
    Operating system: Android 10.0 Build: QQ1D200105.02 release-key (notice from the info voice menu)
    Kernel version: 4.19.80 #1 Sat Apr 18 10:22:58 CST 2020 Android security patch level: March 5, 2020

Unfortunately just after the power up and the first look to the "Android based operating system" interface, I notice that there isn'y any voice menu to switch the WIFI band from 2.4 to 5 GHz
    Obiviously the device can't connect to my router (Fritz!box 7590) that have just the 5GHz band active by personal choice. After activated the 2.4 GHz band on the router, the device quickly connect to the web.
    It's, obiviously again, impossible to update the "Android based operating system" to have a more useful menu for the wifi section and try to switch to the 5GHz band.

My request to all of the expert users about RK3318 based Android TV Box is to indicate if I can flash a custom ROM that allowed me to use the 5GHz band and update the device Android 10 based interface to a more useful version.

Thanks a lot to everyone for the help
Working...
X