Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 Max RK3318 Chip cant connect to pc or fastboot or unlock bootloader are pretty much any sort of modding with this POS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Max RK3318 Chip cant connect to pc or fastboot or unlock bootloader are pretty much any sort of modding with this POS

So I ordered a batch of these boxes and they came in yesterday and I've spend a good 12 hours between yesterday and today combing through google on forums and such looking for rooted ROM or ways to get TWRP installed properly. I honestly thought these boxes came rooted as a year or 2 ago I ordered a bunch of android boxes from AliExpress and they came ready to be meddled with.
    So I finally did find a ROM firmware that was rooted but I still cant connect this box to my PC. I have to hold the reset button and plug in the usb to usb cable just to get windows to recognize it. but I had to install rock-chip version of a USB driver which shows up in Device Manager as Class for Rockusb devices. This does not show up in either adb or fastboot. I am a hobby developer so my PC has android studio and android USB drivers installed and a whole whack of other development tools so its not a matter of not having the right software installed.

All the obvious stuff has been checked off. enable developer options, turn on USB debugging yada yada. So far the ONLY way for me to even communicate with the box is by turning on ADB over internet. I can connect to the box that way but cant use fastboot so that is kind of useless as far as I can tell for me wanting to install TWRP recovery. I believe the boot loader is locked and I cant find any resources on how to unlock it. There has to be some way as the current ROM I found has the box rooted which I couldn't do.

Any help or advice in getting into this box would be most appreciated

Hi mate, my first post on here I have only just joined as i came across your post,
    So only yesterday I updated my H96 max 4/64 from android 9 to android 10, once you update there is an option in developer options that lets you flash an image, I flashed magisk using this and it worked perfectly.

So for me to upgrade to android 10 I needed to install a couple of programs to my pc first as my pc wouldn't recognize the tv box without them.

The first one is called Driver assistant V 4.5

The second was called Factory Tool this was to flash new android 10 img.

hope this helps my friend.

Comment

Below is a link to said items, along with the latest ROM for H96 max I found and used today.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cromo959 View Post
        Hi mate, my first post on here I have only just joined as i came across your post,
        So only yesterday I updated my H96 max 4/64 from android 9 to android 10, once you update there is an option in developer options that lets you flash an image, I flashed magisk using this and it worked perfectly.

So for me to upgrade to android 10 I needed to install a couple of programs to my pc first as my pc wouldn't recognize the tv box without them.

The first one is called Driver assistant V 4.5

The second was called Factory Tool this was to flash new android 10 img.

hope this helps my friend.

can you tell us which optin in developer options . my android tv box is verion 10 .but can not find devices by fastboot command

Comment

Working...
        X