Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z28 Android 7.1 RK3328 4K HDR TV BOX 1/8 or 2/16GB ROM WIFI LAN USB3.0 KODI H.265 DLNA Miracast"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aegyssus View Post
    RKMC screenshots say the resolution is 1080p but the official distribution on my box shows 720p. Is RKMC resolution real or the sources have been altered to say 1080 no matter what the real one is? I wonder what is needed to make it 4K for good. The box is advertised as 4K though...
    The Android user interface is definitely running at 720p, with some internal scaling working at the driver level which messes with the expected settings for ro.sf.lcd_density. I find small text to be pretty unreadable compared to the Amlogic boxes, particularly in apps like Terminal Emulator.

Comment

I'm really disappointed about this unit. I know this is a very new one, but i bought this for only one reason : Amazon Prime Video (my LG Smart is an old one, a Netcast OS, so there's no app).

Obviously the android amazon prime video app crashes as soon as i play anything. grr :-!

Trying to use and play via web/Chrome results in some messages revealing that some DRM is not implemented/fully functional in chrome . Grr x2

Can you suggest a fix or something ? Thansk in advance.

Victor

Comment

I won´t say that I am disappointed but from the Specs of the Rockchip I expected more than 720p, the whole system seems to be limited to that resolution. I have another software version on my board and RKMC is missing.
        Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone rooted Z28 TV Box successfully ? What procedure/App used ?

Thanks

Comment

The latest firmware for the PenDoo Mini and the MX9 Pro Mini are already rooted, and everything except the wireless chipset seems identical to the Z28.

Also, it looks like the MX9 Pro Mini has resolved the max screen resolution issue. The UI can be driven in a crisp 1080p and ro.sf.lcd_density is set to the normal 240. It looks like a great foundation for building custom ROMs. I've created a TWRP build for the RK3328 boxes here.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-14-2017, 22:40.

Comment

Good to read....look forward to some Z28 from you soon...
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                The latest firmware for the PenDoo Mini and the MX9 Pro Mini are already rooted, and everything except the wireless chipset seems identical to the Z28.

Also, it looks like the MX9 Pro Mini has resolved the max screen resolution issue. The UI can be driven in a crisp 1080p and ro.sf.lcd_density is set to the normal 240. It looks like a great foundation for building custom ROMs. I've created a TWRP build for the RK3328 boxes here.
                I thnk using your TWRP & SuperUser zip file, this device can be rooted. But I am a little bit nervous on the issue mentioned by you on TWRP, since there is very little support for such TV box, not sure how to recover back land with the issue

Comment

Originally posted by gurung_vishwas1 View Post
                  I thnk using your TWRP & SuperUser zip file, this device can be rooted. But I am a little bit nervous on the issue mentioned by you on TWRP, since there is very little support for such TV box, not sure how to recover back land with the issue
                  Unless you seriously corrupt the bootloader, you should always be able to recover to the OEM firmware image using RKBatchTool. I'm also still optimistic that we can fix the problems with TWRP processing command-line arguments in /cache/recovery/command/recovery.command and the bootloader control block (BCB).

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I found the problem with TWRP processing command-line arguments in the BCB, but need to change the original makefile to fix it. Trying to get some help from AbduL.

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Problems with TWRP recovery are now fixed. You can grab the latest here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ckchip-devices

I tried to root Z28 Tv box with KingRoot app, which I thought should be simplest to root, but this app failed to root. I'll try with other simple methods to root it before going with TWRP method.

Comment

Trying to fix the Amazon Prime Video problem.
                    No luck, but i saw that i have a different version (Italian/EU Maybe ?).
                    Here are some photo, if interested :

RKMC is not installed. I successfully installed Kodi 17

If you need other info, just tell me.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by griser View Post
                      It's a pitty that device able to play 4k video but has hd (1280x720) internal resolution
                      USB3.0 should be blue color, this one is just like USB2.0 ?

Comment

Made a clean backup , there are upper and lower bars, firmware is root, adapted for z28 https://drive.google.c…ViYzg/view?usp=sharing
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by djupa View Post
                          Made a clean backup , there are upper and lower bars, firmware is root, adapted for z28 https://drive.google.c…ViYzg/view?usp=sharing
                          hi how can i install your backup? i have twrp on my device..

Comment

It does not work....

Comment

got it to install stuck at boot screen...

Comment

Working...
                              X