Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z28 Android 7.1 RK3328 4K HDR TV BOX 1/8 or 2/16GB ROM WIFI LAN USB3.0 KODI H.265 DLNA Miracast"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard a whisper might be a Z28 2/16 from SC in a week or three...(dont tell anyone)
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by DaMeZ View Post
      No, i saw this. can you dissaseble your tv box and make a high resolution photo of both PCB sides?

Comment

https://forum.armbian.com/index.php?...z28-rk3328-18/ - working solution to install UBUNTU LINUX on Z28

Comment

Not tested or downloaded as yet

Last edited by trebor; 07-18-2017, 11:11.
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
            Not tested or downloaded as yet

Thanks Gearbest

Firmware for 1/8, 2/8 and 2/16Gb units...

Check link before you download or you will/may get all three at once:

https://mega.nz/#F!PB9UnCgL!Cf9ayThAtVu8hgp-7XrL0g
            it is for z28 pro not for original topic one

Comment

Originally posted by r1kaomsk View Post

it is for z28 pro not for original topic one
              Ok will look into further....
              Yes I should have looked harded at folder name

Thanks
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

No, i saw this. can you dissaseble your tv box and make a high resolution photo of both PCB sides?
                Sorry this is the best i could take.. The chip that cant be read in the pic is RK805-1 CAADP7735 if you need anything else please let me know
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by DaMeZ View Post

Sorry this is the best i could take.. The chip that cant be read in the pic is RK805-1 CAADP7735 if you need anything else please let me know
                  Can you read marking or make better photo of ic in red round?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image_25343.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	656936
                  Last edited by r1kaomsk; 07-18-2017, 14:39. Reason: add img link

Comment

Can you read marking or make better photo of ic in red round?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_25343.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	656936
                    SV6051P TUB1613 BMT 31

Comment

BTW, that latest Z28 firmware is still far inferior to the latest for the MX9 Pro Mini, which is pre-rooted and 1080p native. Note that the recovery .zip for SuperSU v2.82 still won't root this z28 OEM ROM, because of the unconventional way they've packaged the kernel in its own partition. I built a custom firmware with the new TWRP recovery just to test this, and it couldn't perform the systemless root during install. I haven't yet tried Magisk, though.

UPDATE: Magisk also was unsuccessful at rooting this new z28 ROM. Best to stick with the Mini MX9 Pro
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2017, 21:07.

Comment

hi Magendanz, can i ask you if the mini MX9 Pro supports Amazon Prime video ? (www.primevideo.com) ? Can you test it please ?

In the meanwhile, i was asking for support to gearbest and they answered me with a new firmware . Here's the link (didn't install it though) :

http://download.appinthestore.com.s3...ool%205.27.rar <--- real link
                        Last edited by themac; 07-20-2017, 15:07. Reason: CAN'T delete the second link :(

Comment

That's actually the same Z28 ROM that was just posted. As for Amazon Prime, that seems like something anyone can test. I really should be coding. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                            ... far inferior to the latest for the Mini MX9 Pro, which is pre-rooted and 1080p native...
                            Hi Magendanz, do you possibly know, if this firmware for "MX9 PRO mini" is also valid for "MX9 PRO" (not mini, ie. with 2GB/16GB RAM/ROM), or is there another firmware for "MX9 PRO" which is also rooted and native 1080p ?

Comment

Both the MX9 Pro Mini and MX9 Pro seem to use the same Rockchip RK3328 chipset, so it's likely they use the same reference board and have compatible firmware. You'd really have to try it to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                                Both the MX9 Pro Mini and MX9 Pro seem to use the same Rockchip RK3328 chipset, so it's likely they use the same reference board and have compatible firmware. You'd really have to try it to be sure.
                                Do you schedule to make a custom rom for MX9 Pro Mini ?

Comment

Guest commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yes, but I ran into some incompatibilities with OpenGApps. I wasted the Sunday before last trying to track down the cause, then decided to set it aside to focus on Android TV releases for the Amlogic boxes (which weren't affected by the issue).
                              Working...
                              X