Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z28 Android 7.1 RK3328 4K HDR TV BOX 1/8 or 2/16GB ROM WIFI LAN USB3.0 KODI H.265 DLNA Miracast"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on rooting stock 7.1.1 firmware on this TV box ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by r1kaomsk View Post
      Check this - https://www.dropbox.com/s/g60z8ht583...28_1a.rar?dl=0 this is my port of http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...1-beta-version (A95X-R2 ROM by SuperCeleron) for Z28
      Hi,

New person here.
      New to Android and new to TV Boxes !!!!!!
      Just got a Z28 ..... Have installed your Beta FW and must say it is a nice improvement - Thanks to all involved.
      Big Thanks
      Only issue so far is that the LED on the box is now reversed - Bright Blue when in Standby !
      Might have to do a HW hack .....

Cut the blue leg on the LED but the red also stops so no Power-LED at all now - Strange ??

Ah well
      Last edited by P.X; 08-08-2017, 15:19. Reason: Cut blue leg .....

Comment

Check this - https://www.dropbox.com/s/g60z8ht583...28_1a.rar?dl=0 this is my port of http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...1-beta-version (A95X-R2 ROM by SuperCeleron) for Z28
        Hi
        Loving this Beta - Thanks for porting.
        Any update to fix the USB KB dongle having to be pulled and re-inserted after power down and can you switch the LEDs back so it is back to dim purple when in Standby.
        Thanks again,
        Pete

Comment

Hi
          plz scv1 clean firmware for twrp backup file
          i can not batchtool or android tool

Comment

Newer firmware k3328_box-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47K eng.qinzhendong.20170712.200152 test-reys , dowload link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0v...VuYnNJdVU/view

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Hi,

New person here.
              New to Android and new to TV Boxes !!!!!!
              Just got a Z28 ..... Have installed your Beta FW and must say it is a nice improvement - Thanks to all involved.
              Big Thanks
              Only issue so far is that the LED on the box is now reversed - Bright Blue when in Standby !
              Might have to do a HW hack .....

Cut the blue leg on the LED but the red also stops so no Power-LED at all now - Strange ??

Ah well
              Hi,

Re-attached the Blue leg on LED
              - Stuck a piece of black vinyl tape over status LED and now just have a dim blue glow in standby
              - Nothing shows from the front when ON (purple too dim) but I am using the box on TV then so I know it is on.

Noticed the IR receiver was folded down and pointing at the ground - No wonder the IR Remote was very directional !
              Bent it back up (carefully) and now the remote works much, much better.

Any news on ETA of the superceleron Rom ? or the ATV and Nano Nexus versions from Magendanz ?

Thanks,
              Pete

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                He is Super busy, as all devs, so no Breath Holding please.
                May happen but nothing for sure as yet
                Enjoy what you have

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                It's on my list, right after I finish up the Nougat builds for Amlogic p212 (S905X).

Thanks trebor - the r1kaomsk-SC port is great anyway, just wanted to try the ATV and Nano really.
              I got the M8SPro+ to try them out on but my ADSL hates this box : (

I take it there is no way to get "screen" resolution to be 1920x1080 ?
              My r1kaomsk Beta install is set to 1280x672 (I think the original was too?) so everything is a little fuzzy ! My display is set to 1080p

EDIT:
              Thanks Megendanz - Super news

As you can no doubt tell I am a novice,
              Pete
              Last edited by P.X; 08-30-2017, 23:35. Reason: Add EDIT: New comment by Megendanz -Super news

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                It was tested at 1080 but the box was to bogged down, I recall do to its own internal issues with Kernel etc...
                Back to 720p Ui ( Sorry but 1080p Ui is to much for this cpu) from post 1

Thanks trebor - I should have remembered that !)

I'll just have to make do with 1280x720 (Wonder why Android Assistant reports 1280x672 ?)

Cheers,
              Pete

Comment

The SC port is the only firmware I have found that provides what I consider a usable Android User Interface. Thank you for the port r1kaomsk.

Unfortunately Netflix seems to have an issue. Choppy video and poorly sync'ed audio (both the same problem, I think). Are others finding this as well? Anyone have a fix?

I'm thinking this is not a serious problem, since other ports run Netflix just fine. But I have run out of ideas on how to fix it.

Comment

Can you read marking or make better photo of ic in red round?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image_25343.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	656936

First good night everyone!
                  Staff, have a box android, very similar to what my colleague has posted a little, The Pendoo Mini. She carries a Rockchip RK3328 chip but of network and wifi is a SV6051P the manufacturer Iottech.. Could you help me with a functional firmware with android 7 for my box? She unfortunately stuck in boot screen when i open the root, asked to update, it was woe that after restarting the box, she froze and was eternally in the boot screen...
                  I put the firmware of the Z28 but the network does not work, I believe that in this firmware, drivers are of realtek. Follow some photos of my open box that I took today..
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 8 photos.

Comment

Point I turn my box in a brick of door! Red LED does not start more... I was trying to flash the firmware of Pendoo (http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-tv-box-2.html), and I became evil... In the process of reboot the appliance not started more... Is the red LED. Any tips on how to retrieve it? Doing some short circuit at some component?

Comment

I recently bought this box and it came prerooted with Supersu and version 7.1.2 NHG47K 20170715.114001. As others noted the GUI resolution sends a signal of 4K but it is not "real" as everything looks kind of fuzzy and Kodi displays 720p.
                      Is there any version to date that outputs 4K or 1080p?
                      Will 4K videos play and only the GUI shows lower resolution or is it everything?

Comment

Magendanz is this what you need?

FYI the "system" partition gave an error saying "Filesystem file size is not equal partition size"

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's perfect. Thank you!!

(And that error is expected.)

Magendanz, there is an even newer firmware 20170810. Dump is available under the link.

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Even better! Building these custom ROMs on a solid foundation is key, and I really appreciate you passing along the update.

Dear Z28
                      Is this newer FW rooted already.
                      Thank You

Comment

Working...
                      X