Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z28 Android 7.1 RK3328 4K HDR TV BOX 1/8 or 2/16GB ROM WIFI LAN USB3.0 KODI H.265 DLNA Miracast"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found how someone would need it Z28PRO
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyproduce View Post
      I got a cheap clone and when I log out of the Google account there's no way to log back in. The option is there but it won't open up to let me login. Only a factory reset allows me to add an account.
      Hi I have the same issue on different box. Way around it is uninstall google play service updates then log in and update it again you will have to do this every time you log out hope it helps and works for you

Comment

Z28 wifi not working, after flash fw 7.1.2 please help, tanks

Comment

Hi. I received my Z28 Pro today from Gearbest and wifi is not working - it cannot be rutned on. Did you fixed your problem?

Comment

guys
            i have this device Z28 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Android 7.1 TV Box 2.4G WIFI Hotspot RK3328

it is not working at all
            i tried to do the firmware using rk tool but there is some issue:
            1- the device not turning on
            2- when i connect using usb the device not recognized by the pc or the program and comes warm and warm even the cable becomes warm

can any one help me

Comment

Originally posted by gurung_vishwas1 View Post
              Thanks GlenB for the help, I was able to figure it out from youtube video also.
              From 4pda.ru website, I flashed "Stock from August 10, 2017 (Goes to the regular Z28 and on the cheapened Z28, there is a root, the resolution of the interface is 1080p, the real resolution is 1080p) " and have below observations:
              1. USB does not detect after boot, need to remove USB device and connect again and then it works. Not a big issue for me
              2. The big issue for me is NO 5.1 channel surround sound from OPTICAL OUTPU (SPDIF). It does not work, it is sad
              3. Display output is 1080p, which is nice

So, anyone knows whether there is port for original Z28 2GB RAM & 16GB ROM version for both 1080p & Surround sound fix ?

Thanks
              Hi,
              Let me correct point (2) above: In 1080p firmware, I tested with Denon AV receiver and DTS surround sound is able to PASSTHROUGH using HDMI via in-built Media app, but KODI is still not able to PASSTHROUGH. I tried with latest KODI also from APP store, but surround sound (DTS) is not able to PASSTHROUGH to AV receiver via HDMI. So, I think it is KODI issue and not 1080p Firmware.

I am have another issue here: though 1080p with TrueHD & DTS HD MA sound is playing very smoothly, but 2K & 4K video with TrueHD sound is not smooth. The sound is in-between stops. Do anyone know how to fix it or suggest any better app ? I already tried VLC and some other 4K apps from app store, but no solution.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gurung_vishwas1 View Post

Hi,
                Let me correct point (2) above: In 1080p firmware, I tested with Denon AV receiver and DTS surround sound is able to PASSTHROUGH using HDMI via in-built Media app, but KODI is still not able to PASSTHROUGH. I tried with latest KODI also from APP store, but surround sound (DTS) is not able to PASSTHROUGH to AV receiver via HDMI. So, I think it is KODI issue and not 1080p Firmware.

I am have another issue here: though 1080p with TrueHD & DTS HD MA sound is playing very smoothly, but 2K & 4K video with TrueHD sound is not smooth. The sound is in-between stops. Do anyone know how to fix it or suggest any better app ? I already tried VLC and some other 4K apps from app store, but no solution.

Thanks
                The passthrough issue is a firmware problem, nothing to do with Kodi or something you can fix.
                The audio cuts with DTS HD MA was fixed sometime in September 2017 by Rockchip.
                The Z28 doesn't support 4K and correct frame-rates for video playback, that is why everything plays bad and at 1080p@60hz instead of 24,25,30hz or actual 4K resolution.
                Other problems are Youtube freezing, Amazon Prime not working, HDR not working, 10-bit H264 not working properly, 1080i video playback not working in Kodi.
                Only the manufacturer can fix all of this but they moved on to the next tv box chips long ago by now.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The passthrough issue is a firmware problem, nothing to do with Kodi or something you can fix.
                  The audio cuts with DTS HD MA was fixed sometime in September 2017 by Rockchip.
                  The Z28 doesn't support 4K and correct frame-rates for video playback, that is why everything plays bad and at 1080p@60hz instead of 24,25,30hz or actual 4K resolution.
                  Other problems are Youtube freezing, Amazon Prime not working, HDR not working, 10-bit H264 not working properly, 1080i video playback not working in Kodi.
                  Only the manufacturer can fix all of this but they moved on to the next tv box chips long ago by now.
                  Can you please tell me where to get the September 2017 Firmware for Z28 2/16G version TV Box ? I am in 1080p version of AUG 2017 which I had downloaded from below link:

Thanks

Comment

I recently installed firmware {ROM} PoisonATV RK3328 on my Z28 2/16GB which works well except from the WiFi which sadly doesn't work.
                    Also it is not rooted which is something i queried about in its section.

It is nice having the Android TV on our old box. It makes it a fresh experience and we can install Aptoide for TV making it a very user friendly experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X