MX9 PRO RK3328, Android 7 2/16GB WiFi, Fast Lan BT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you, appreciated.

I get this when i try and flash the 7-zip image file...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	718203
    Last edited by epicmcd; 04-04-2018, 23:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Artredis View Post

Thank you very much. I flashed the new firmware with the RKBatchTool. It said everything went succesfully, but now when i plug it back, the power button flashes red for a few times very rapidly and then nothing happens

EDIT: Now I tried to power it from the OTG USB port and now everything works perfectly. Now i guess my power brick died.
      Wow. thanks for that! I had the exact symptoms. I had tested the PS which does in fact show 5.3V (with no load), so I figured that wasn't the problem. That said I figured I'd try your solution and it fired right up. I guess I'll have to keep it that way as I'm hesitant to replace the PS which appears (voltage wise at least) to be OK.

I do have 5V/6A PS. I'm assuming the box will only draw what it needs. Anyone know?

BTW thanks to those recommending the A5X firmware, running better than when new.
      Last edited by JKay; 04-07-2018, 03:00.

Comment

Epicmcd no mine is the 2/16 SORRY LATE GETTING BACK TO YOU

Comment

This was by komatose..
          i am happy to announce that the firmware designated to the a5x pro does make the mx9 pro glitchy original half cooked firmware obsolete..so the procedure is simple..
          (pressing the button under the unit ..as if you wanted to get into the wipe data/reset boot area)
          ..connect the unit from the usbc(small) female plug on the unit to a regular usb in a pc..
          fire up the android tool 2.39 ..
          if you got the good cable it will detect the loader device right away..
          next you click on the firware box and load the firmware for the a5x pro
          then click on the upgrade box and voila..stable great and reliable 100%..confirmed OK AAA111.
          I have the MX9 pro box.. and its bricked or whatever.. I want to try this method but i only have the large USB ports on the box or hdmi.... would this affect the installation.. it is the same box but no small usb..or should it be the big usb on the box to a usb on the laptop?.. Maybe I should just try it?..
          Last edited by countrygirl; 04-10-2018, 12:24.

Comment

Hi all, I had used the A5X MAX and MX9 Pro Mini firmware for my MX9 Pro, both worked but would lag or freeze up once in a while, I dont suggest you use it on your mx9 pro, its garbage and a waste of time. I installed the real mx9 pro firmware and everything runs without issue including wifi.

Firmware here: https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...ro-tv-box.html

Rockchip Driver assistant here: https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...tant-v4-4.html

Rockchip Batchtool here: https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/hot-...tool-v1-8.html

You must remove the chinese charaters rename the file unzipped or it wont work.

Working 100% enjoy

Comment

Hello everyone, I have the 4/32 nobody has managed to make him root?

Comment

I also have the 4/32 MX9 Pro and cannot get WiFi or Bluetooth to work from #110 Firmware on 04-13, cannot root.

Comment

Hi there!

I had problems also with this TV box and the problem was, of all things, the power adapter.

TL;DR : Red light is on, no blue light, the tablet won't start - power problem! Replace power adapter (it is 5V 2.5A) or use a regural USB power supply to power the unit through USB or OTG ports. I'm using a 1A right now, seems to be doing fine.

Problems started a couple of months after purschasing the TV box, it started getting stuck with a green screen, usually. I thought temperature was the problem, so I unplugged it and waited for it to cool. Usually it started OK. After a while, things got worse - it needed too long to start again, and was getting stuck more often. I opened holes and installed a laptop fan base, but it didn't do much. Finally today, it refused to start - just the red light on all the time. I found here an advice (thanks Artredis and Fuzo!) and used a normal USB power adapter and voila! it worked again.

I think this should be mentioned in a sticky.

Thanks again!

Comment

Hi
                    I just bought one of these and it will not pickup my 5ghz wifi only 2.4ghz
                    I have tried various channels but still no joy
                    Does this model have issues picking up 5ghz wifi?
                    the spec says it does do 5ghz but doesnt work for me

Comment

Originally posted by snakemetal View Post
                      Hi
                      I just bought one of these and it will not pickup my 5ghz wifi only 2.4ghz
                      I have tried various channels but still no joy
                      Does this model have issues picking up 5ghz wifi?
                      the spec says it does do 5ghz but doesnt work for me
                      The 8723 wifi chip only supports 2.4Ghz wifi and ethernet only 100mbps.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The 8723 wifi chip only supports 2.4Ghz wifi and ethernet only 100mbps.
                        Mvr9 firmware can't brush this machine

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry to hear it.
                          Unfortunately it's not something I can solve.
                          Only the manufacturer of your device has the correct drivers for the different components used to make a working firmware.

Does anyone know which TWRP is compatible with MX9 PRO RK3328? Thank you!

Comment

Alguém sabe como entrar em modo de recuperação no boxmx9pro quando está desligado. Porque eu pressiono o botão reset mais com um cabo de energia e em vez de entrar no modo twrp para que eu possa selecionar o que quero fazer. Ele simplesmente formata as partições automaticamente para originais. Obrigado!

Comment

Originally posted by user777 View Post
                            Hi there!

I had problems also with this TV box and the problem was, of all things, the power adapter.

TL;DR : Red light is on, no blue light, the tablet won't start - power problem! Replace power adapter (it is 5V 2.5A) or use a regural USB power supply to power the unit through USB or OTG ports. I'm using a 1A right now, seems to be doing fine.

Problems started a couple of months after purschasing the TV box, it started getting stuck with a green screen, usually. I thought temperature was the problem, so I unplugged it and waited for it to cool. Usually it started OK. After a while, things got worse - it needed too long to start again, and was getting stuck more often. I opened holes and installed a laptop fan base, but it didn't do much. Finally today, it refused to start - just the red light on all the time. I found here an advice (thanks Artredis and Fuzo!) and used a normal USB power adapter and voila! it worked again.

I think this should be mentioned in a sticky.

Thanks again!
                            The same happened to me with a tvbox v88 piano, exactly the same¡¡¡

I changed the power supply, and everything as new¡¡¡

Thanks a lot¡¡¡

Comment

Hi
                              Can anyone give me a solution to this 2 problems?
                              1) Amazon Prime Video app doesn't work, tried many version. Any working Apk?
                              2) Status Bar is visible in every app, I want to hide it.

Comment

Working...
                              X