Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A5X Plus Mini

Hi,
    I recently bought one of these devices and it comes with a custom Kodi version called RKMC 16.1 that seems to be customized for Rockchip devices.
    I have found a few firmware upgrades but even the most recent ones still have RKMC 16.1.
    The firmwares don't come with root access and RKMC is installed as a system application which makes it impossible to be uninstalled.
    I checked the RKMC GitHub page (https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/RKMC) and the latest version is for Kodi 16 (Jarvis).
    I'd love to be able to remove remove RKMC and install Kodi 17.1, any suggestions?

If your willing to try flashing PenDoo Mini and the MX9 Pro Mini firmware as these come rooted . Those firmware's are for RTL8189 wifi chipsets, you can always open it up to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony96 View Post
      If your willing to try flashing PenDoo Mini and the MX9 Pro Mini firmware as these come rooted . Those firmware's are for RTL8189 wifi chipsets, you can always open it up to make sure.
      Yes the 3 firmwares work in all boxes, i try in my MX9 Pro mini firmware of Pendoo mini and A5X plus mini, it work like a charm.

Comment

Hello, I am trying to flash my A5X mini plus box using Rockchip batch tool V1.8, but my box is not being recognized. Can anyone guide me why this is and what to do please. Thanks

Comment

You need to hold the reset button (Inside AV port) while you connect the male to male usb cable into the usb2 port.

Comment

you need an OTG usb Male-A to Male-A cable , or a normal one ? I'm having hard time finding an OTG Usb Male-A to Male-A ..

thanks.

Victor

Comment

thanks guys, finally managed to do it n flashed it with MX9 Pro mini firmware and have kodi 17 now.
              themac, i bought one on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by rubanrex View Post
                thanks guys, finally managed to do it n flashed it with MX9 Pro mini firmware and have kodi 17 now.
                themac, i bought one on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                thanks rubanrex ! But the cable you linked is NOT Otg. Anyway, it works ? You tested it ?

Thanks.

Victor

Comment

themac,

usb male to male is different to a otg cable. otg cable is a male to female and is normally used to plug external devices (similar to an usb extension cable). The link rubanrex will suffice, try not to purchase thin long cables as they often don't supply enough voltage/amperage to power on the box while flashing firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony96 View Post
                    themac,

usb male to male is different to a otg cable. otg cable is a male to female and is normally used to plug external devices (similar to an usb extension cable). The link rubanrex will suffice, try not to purchase thin long cables as they often don't supply enough voltage/amperage to power on the box while flashing firmware.
                    Ah, ok, all clear now, gotta buy that simple, short , usb cable

thanks !

Victor

Comment

themac Yes i bought the one mentioned in the link, worked perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by rubanrex View Post
                        themac Yes i bought the one mentioned in the link, worked perfectly
                        rubanrex thanks ! :-)

Victor

Comment

Hi swanuk ,

if you have the Firmware and a little bit knowledge look here :

http://ugoos.net/blog/reflashing-in-...device-bricked

but best is you first open up the Box and upload a nice near Picture

of your PCB .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi swanuk ,

your Nand is different soldered , but it must be possible to shortPins and get your Box back to life ,

but first we must find out , how ??? greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by swanuk

But how about this pins?
                              Hi swanuk ,

this three pins for connecting special Terminal things and so on , but they are not for "shortPins" maybe the pins left of the nand

round silver small plates ??? / greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                              X