This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alianato View Post
    Hi, I am trying to install the superceleron rom for this box (2/16 GB) but after doing it the box stays stuck on boot screen.
    I try several tools for that:
    RK_Android_Tool_2.3.9
    RockChip_Batch_Tool_v1.8
    RockChip_FactoryTool_v1.39

and the result is always the same, the only way to get the box working is to reinstall the stock rom.
    any advise on how to solve this issue, I really would like to test this superceleron rom
    exact same behaviour than mine, boot screen with no loading bar, animation whatsoever.

Comment

Hi,
      I imagine that it´s a problem with bootloader but I don´t know how to solve it, I thought in extracting it from the stock rom and injecting in the superceleron rom via Android tool, but I am not sure if this is the reason and I don´t know how to do it.
      superceleron we need your help :-)

Comment

by the way my stock rom is:
        333_1.05____LUSHEN_XJH_Q7L_V00A7_1_RTL8822BS_lpddr 3_Z28Pro_20170830231210

not sure if this is the latest, but at least it´s working, I could install the Microsoft launcher but it annoys me that I cannot see the navigator/status bars

Comment

Hi,
          I finally succeed, these were the steps

1) In my PC using the RK_Android_Tool_2.3.9, I loaded the stock ROM and extracted all the components from it
          2) In the output folder resulting from 1) check for a boot.bin file, we will need it afterwards.
          3) Plug-in the Z28 Pro TV Box to the computer via the USB cable pressing the reset button at the same time, so that the TV Box accepts new firmware
          4) Using the same tool upgrade/flash the TV Box with the superceleron firmware v2
          5) Repeat step 3 but now using the boot.bin file instead of the firmware one
          Wait for the TV box to reboot, and voilà, worked for me!

Comment

What is the build number of the last original firmware?
            My box says:
            rk3338_box-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47K eng.qinzhendong.20170920.154141 test-keys
            So it's the last?

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 75quack View Post
              What is the build number of the last original firmware?
              My box says:
              rk3338_box-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47K eng.qinzhendong.20170920.154141 test-keys
              So it's the last?

I believe that´s the latest, although I could not find it nowhere to download, however the following that you can find in the forum is also good.

the box is OK but has some problems, for me the worst are the USB losing all devices connected on reboot and it´s almost impossible to use another launcher then the one installed with stock firmware, only Microsoft launcher worked for me, superceleron rom is better then stock but it took me a while to make it work.
              Amazon prime video crashes, but most of apps work well, I could even install the Xposed framework for nougat

Comment

Originally posted by Alianato

I believe that�s the latest, although I could not find it nowhere to download, however the following that you can find in the forum is also good.

the box is OK but has some problems, for me the worst are the USB losing all devices connected on reboot and it�s almost impossible to use another launcher then the one installed with stock firmware, only Microsoft launcher worked for me, superceleron rom is better then stock but it took me a while to make it work.
                Amazon prime video crashes, but most of apps work well, I could even install the Xposed framework for nougat
                I have the same problem with my USB and more I can not transfer (write) files on my sd and usb, you know how to modify the platforms. XML to do this?
                I also replaced the Launcher but no wallpaper or extra options.
                In your version, what does the tv box contain in the build number because I think it is the same (realized/posted in 09/25/2017)
                Thanks for the answers

Comment

In relation to the USB I am using a bluetooth mouse, so it´s not USB connected and instead of reboot/power off we can use the remote controller stand by, it´s not perfect but better then losing the USB.
                  For having the possibility to write in the usb/sdcard you need to flash the latest xPosed framework, the one for nougat, I think it´s the 88.1, then there is an app in the store (Marshmallow sd fix), and of course the xPosed module, google can help you, and I can also try to answer your questions.
                  My advise is to try to repeat the steps from my post #49 and use superceleron rom, flashing the boot.bin from stock as described.
                  I know it´s a bit of work but at the end it will pay

Comment

thanks Alianato, that did the trick,
                    after flashing the rom,
                    it's the first tab, just tick "loader", with the boot.img in "RK_Android_Tool_2.3.9\output "folder
                    and press download, idn't know you could mix bootloaders
                    but i haven't recovered ethernet in the process and BT is not on my model,
                    i think i'll have to go with a 2/16 one to enjoy this rom.

Comment

Originally posted by garcimak View Post
                      thanks Alianato, that did the trick,
                      after flashing the rom,
                      it's the first tab, just tick "loader", with the boot.img in "RK_Android_Tool_2.3.9\output "folder
                      and press download, idn't know you could mix bootloaders
                      but i haven't recovered ethernet in the process and BT is not on my model,
                      i think i'll have to go with a 2/16 one to enjoy this rom.
                      My ethernet is working well, so probably in your model the ethernet adapter is different.
                      For me there are two big problems with this box:
                      1) after doing power down, the remote command does not wake up the box, you have to physically connected it again via power plug.
                      we can "power down" the box and afterwards power it up with remote, however this can be done only if we do it some minutes after, because if we leave it "powered down" during the night, next day we cannot wake it via remote
                      2) in certain circumstances, normally after reboot (but it can happen anytime) everything that is connected via usb, loses connection, so we have to unplug the devices and plug them in again in order to be recognized, I bought a small usb hub with a switch, so perhaps this will minimize the trouble

I am not sure if in both cases 1) and 2) this is a problem related with hardware or firmware, I only know I also did tests with the stock rom and the problem remains.
                      So unless superceleron solves this issues via firmware, this box, although nice on paper, is very limited on use

Comment

Is this rom suitable for non alfawise brand, like generic Z28 PRO s as they have same configuration. Like ones on the sites like aliexpress?

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                          Updated to SCV2....
                          Here is a pic of the new Launcher

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-29.png
Views:	2142
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	659589
                          Hello,I have problem.I have box mx9pro,firmware working only for z28(alfawize..),but no wi fi,bluetooth...How in this firmware include drivers (mx9pro)??,sorry for my English..

Comment

to install superceleron SCV2 in XJH-RK28-V11 correct loader is MillionALL.bin 158 KB

Is it possible to enable startup scripts in this ROM?
                            /data/local/userinit.d
                            /system/etc/init.d
                            Last edited by lapinpt; 11-19-2017, 21:54.

Comment

@superceleron Do you make new version of You rom? Using newest rom from z28pro(posted on site 3 #31)? I mean that with bluetooth fixes and remote control power problem?
                              Last edited by sabuk97; 12-04-2017, 12:52.

Comment

Is sixaxis controller working on this rom?

Comment

Working...
                                X