This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I have also the XJH-RK28-V11 20170808 with installed Android 7.1.2 and tried to fix the rkcodec-acceleration problem. End up in a boot-loop and don't know how to edit from there the public.libraries.txt in /system/etc/ again....

I am scared to flash any image since it looks like there are to many diffrent versions of this device of Alfawise Z28 Pro 2Gb/16GB 1GBE.

Has someone any recommandations and how is it going with Armbian or similar things on this device?

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to add it as a system app on RK devices not edit public.libraries.txt like on Amlogic devices.
      If the manufacturer actually cared about the product they would also have added a patch to install RKMC as a user app without crashing that RK already released almost a year ago.

Ok, actually I don't know how to boot up the device again and how to add an application (i guess FTMC) as a system app. Why is the support for RK still so bad even when there are a lot of projects ongoing? How can i bring the device back to life?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by suppenkasper View Post
      Ok, actually I don't know how to boot up the device again and how to add an application (i guess FTMC) as a system app. Why is the support for RK still so bad even when there are a lot of projects ongoing? How can i bring the device back to life?

You must flash it with this
      Use
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tools:
      AndroidTool_2.3.9
      DriverAssistant_4.5
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tutorial @ youtube

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Z28- Pro ( XJH-RK28-V11.) ROM here to flash back @ original

Hier der LINK
      this is for PCB marked as XJH-Q7L-V00
      LUSHEN_XJH_Q7L_V00A7_1_RTL8822BS_lpddr3_Z28Pro_201 70830231210
      LUSHEN_XJH_Q7L_V00A7_1_RTL8822BS_lpddr3_Z28Pro_201 71110182421

Comment

Originally posted by exquisitus View Post

that's exactly what i get too... i mean, exactly, even the text in the corners is cut exactly in the same way...
        what model is inscribed on your pcb?
        mine is XJH-RK28-V11 20170808.
        I got to this model:
        XJK-RK28-V11
        RTL8822BS

Comment

I have the exact same model and still no new Firmware found for XJH-RK28-V11 20170808.

Comment

All with version XJH-RK28-V11 20170808

This works

Tools:
            AndroidTool_2.3.9
            DriverAssistant_4.5

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (39).jpg Views:	2 Size:	92.9 KB ID:	708012
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (41).jpg Views:	1 Size:	17.0 KB ID:	708013
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (40).jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	708014

Take the Boot.bin from here
            boot.bin - Google Drive

AND

Look @ this link
            XJH-RK28-V11-superceleronSCV2 (unpacked)

You need this ( USB male to male Cable)
            Click image for larger version  Name:	61piirwvq4L._SL1152_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.1 KB ID:	708016
            Last edited by Cssmuh; 02-09-2018, 15:37.

Comment

Where can I download the software XJH-RK28-V11 20170808?
              Last edited by doganozlu; 02-11-2018, 11:44.

Comment

Hi guys,

thanks for your effort and I hope we'll get back my device to life. It's nearly unbeliveable how much trouble you get if you edit /system/etc/public.libraries.txt

Ok, after I downloaded all of the files of Cssmuh I notied that the .rar file is not rar and read it's unpacked. So I tried to rename it to *.img and to *.bin. Both didn't work with your provided Andorid-Tool. Also I installed all of your drivers. So get into "Found One Loader Device" but I always get the information corrupt file when I try to upgrade. The next thing is it's nice to get your pictures, but you haven't offered all the showing parts. You just offered the boot.bin, so it's not possible to flash anything.

Now I googled a bit how to get a backup of my device and found a good instruction. I backuped now everything after calculating some numbers and wanna provide you a dump of my Alfawise Z28 Pro 2GB/16GB 1GBE device with XJF-RK28-V11 20170808

It is an Android 7.1.2 and I still upload it as a .7z file. When it's finished I provide you the link here and hop someone can bulit something with it, but please reember, I added 3 or 4 lines in the end of /system/etc/public.libraries.txt. I added all the for me relevant sounding .so files from /system.

Before I added the lines the device worked great beside the non working RKCodec-HW-Acceleration.

I used this file to pull my dump

Edit: All files are avaliable from here: https://mega.nz/#F!sQRmEaCK!SNLXQouP0Ot5um2PntBnoQ

I compressed everything into "All-In-One-Output.7z" and "userdata.7z" (decompressed is it 12943360 KB, compressed 14.722 KB). Every single .img is also available. The userdata.img is still created by RKtool and I upload it also into that folder.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by suppenkasper; 02-12-2018, 14:24.

Comment

It's possible adapt this to use it on a XJH-RK28-v10 20170505? I have the 8/2gb model, it boots but it seems that it doesn't have the ethernet driver

I tried to use it FTMC on the stock rom but it crashes if the RK codec acceleration it's on, I tried to install it as a system app but it doesn't even start

Comment

Hey guys,

I have a problem when i'm in kodi watching a movie normally, but from nowhere it finishes the movie and goes back to the menu page of the addon, the same thing with terrarium, and I can't figure out why it's doing this. Mobdro working fine and I've been watching movies and series directly from Chrome Browser.
                    Can anyone help me? I've tried everything.

Thank you

Comment

Hi everyone I am new user on this site.
                      i have one problem on my alfawise z28 pro TV box that TV box stuck on red light and not showing any connection on TV and pc. When I contacted TV box with pc just showing USB device not recognize. Please help.
                      And sorry for bad English. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by suppenkasper View Post
                        Hi,

I have also the XJH-RK28-V11 20170808 with installed Android 7.1.2 and tried to fix the rkcodec-acceleration problem. End up in a boot-loop and don't know how to edit from there the public.libraries.txt in /system/etc/ again....

I am scared to flash any image since it looks like there are to many diffrent versions of this device of Alfawise Z28 Pro 2Gb/16GB 1GBE.

Has someone any recommandations and how is it going with Armbian or similar things on this device?
                        hi
                        Please send me official stock room link of alfawise z28 pro pcb xjh-rk28-v11. Thanks

Comment

Hello, I bought this tvbox one year ago and recently installed this rom, Everithing worked fine until now. Suddenly it won't turn on anymore (no red led, no activity signs when connected to a pc) Do you think it's rom-related or hardware related? Do you eventually know how to fix it? Thanks in advance

Comment

Your power supply died. The same happened to me. This quality is really shitty and they should really much better power supplies. I tried to complain and to get a new one through RMA but they didn't really reply anymore at gearbest.com

Comment

I tried two other power supplies, it still doesn't turn on

Comment

• mo123
                                mo123 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Then your emmc chip probably also fried.
                            Working...
                            X