Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXR PRO RK3328 TV Box Android 7.1 + Quad-core Cortex-A53 + 4K VP9 H.265 + BT4.0 4GB DDR3 32GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXR PRO RK3328 TV Box Android 7.1 + Quad-core Cortex-A53 + 4K VP9 H.265 + BT4.0 4GB DDR3 32GB

Click image for larger version  Name:	1504574528832391.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	668633

Main Features:
    ● The most advanced processor Rockchip has ever built, RK3328, which comes with 64-bit Cortex A53 and Mali-450 GPU
    ● It runs on the Android 7.1, which is stable to use. You can connect to a world of content and entertainment at home with the box
    ● 4K VP9 can help you save 50 percent bandwidth resource, and deliver razor-sharp detail and vibrant images
    ● A high performance of Quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU can play a wide range of games
    ● 2.4G offers a more stable signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience
    ● Support 5.1 surround sound output, capture your ears with actual listening feelings
    ● HDMI 2.0 is a faster way to send video and audio output to your TV

Coupon: GBMXR saves a few bucks
    https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_764522.html?wid=21
    Last edited by trebor; 09-06-2017, 22:59.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Today we can have a close look at the MXR PRO RK3328 TV Box Android 7.1 + Quad-core Cortex-A53 + 4K VP9 H.265 + BT4.0 4GB DDR3 32GB
    Thanks To Gearbest.

We have BT, Fast lan 2.4ghz WiFI 4/32Gb Ram
    Standard look and remote etc.Vents,
    Let's Start
    The Box

What's in the Box, the basic been around for a long time look.

Ports, 4 usb ports, some side Vents

Under, not much as per normal Ram same as on top, vented bottom plate, Box is all Plastic, WiFi Antenna stuck on Lid

Upper, large Heatsink Good and small one not seen this before. PCB Antenna not in use by looks

Not sure what to expect with this..
    More to come
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Let's look at what this one has to offer,
      We do Have Root, No Upper/Lower bars.

UI clean look,

System Info

Ram and Storage Truth

DRM

CPU-Z

Antutu is that 1080 display, Hmm means extra work on CPU = Heat

Note temps while running this test..........recovery was quick between 70 ~ 95c

Geekbench

More Info - http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/4428888

A1 SD, looking OK

It's Fair, temps are the killer, can see why the better looking heatsinks.

As mentioned RK-3328 better suited to 720 than 1080 in some units (pending on the Quality and Build with support)

Also noted that temps would recover quickly when pushed and relaxed, would survive normal use, and watching videos its was 60c~70c +/-
      Ram Speed appears good, and Wifi and Ethernet ok for what it has.

So better cooling would help, More vents and a fan, or 720 UI.
      More as I tinker.

This has BT so a test with YT and speaker all good, easy connect

Click image for larger version

Name:	spk.png
Views:	587
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	677410
      Last edited by trebor; 10-12-2017, 01:00.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks mr. T for the preview.
        My little bit of experience says 70 c sounds very warm if not hot. I noticed my M8 S Pro initially was about the same, after a few hours test drive seem to calm down to 50-ish so no worries?
        Is it possible some Socs have a break in., running hot during this period?

I thought the rk3328 was specifically made for TV boxes? But seems to show no special Magic?

If I'm in the wrong place please let me know and I will go to that right place... But I have a few questions.

Trying to work with gearbest on my box, thoroughly disappointed with the s912.
        Way too many bugs, crashes, freezing, power Downs, power ups, video scaling either under or over... Sometimes self-correcting, often continues until a power cycle....experience audio pop/ crackle also.

I thought there post related to corrupt emmc, Etc. I cannot seem to find them, search is not helping. Do you recall any of these and could you point me there if so.
        I realize these are inexpensive boxes but I still expect them to perform much better.

You commented more or less, you get what you pay for. I fully understand but am always a value Hunter.
        I certainly can't step into the over $200 range.
        Your suggestions on a powerful stable durable box please. Do I need to be looking at pippo, or Minix... Say like the u9? Others?

I like to watch them, more than work on them.

Appreciate your Insight, opinions and of course your time. Many thanks
        Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

All Boxes have issues, some are man made, user made and some are by design,
          I have no trouble with box you mention, you will find a use for it

Minx is Good yes, but also has had its problems if you read their forum.

Whatever you buy, will have its moments,

Keep on reading and looking, Nagrace, Zoomtak, Wetek, Beelink,
          The truth is out there, yet to find it my self
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I belonged to the user made Club, honorary president don't you know.
            But I didn't even get my chance to get out my dull wrenches for this one.

So you are not aware of post regarding faulty emmc on these units?
            Do any of those symptoms indicator cause to you?
            After half a dozen flashes, it seems somewhat better... That is not uncommon either?

I gather the rk3399 is The Rock's flagship. Correct? And I suppose I could expect similar issues?
            Are the windows based streaming devices not as well suited as Android products.

Just an FYI, I am a Relentless searcher, probably not the best researcher I need more RAM, and the discipline to take a lot more notes. Being in building and services, I regularly experience a non linear path, not too good with endless circles though.
            :~ Smiles
            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

trebor I received this box from Gearbest last week and I've already messed it up

Installed SuperSU from the Play Store - updated binary - now stuck in boot sequence. Had I found this forum sooner I would have seen that this is a big no-no.

I'm used to rooting and flashing on mobile, but this is new territory for me.

The only reason I bought this was to replace my Windows 10 laptop because I only used it to run Plex (very bulky option). I have a few questions which I hope the pros can assist with, in order of importance:
              1. Where can I find firmware for this box? [UPDATE] firmware available as of yesterday - sorted there
              2. What is the restore/flash process?
              3. How do I get SuperSU running with root?
              4. Are there custom ROMs for this box, and is it worth it?
              Once I've got the device running again could someone advise if there is a way to get get Plex Media Server running on the box? So far all I can see is a Kodi add-on, but it still only recognised my existing media server.

Holding thumbs one of the senior members can help out!

:/
              Last edited by fishfreak; 01-09-2018, 05:07.

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Dont update SU just reflash, updating SU will give boot loop on a know issue

I have this box mxr pro 4k.i can't connect it to pc.. Im trying to flash firmware.. Because it doesn't open.when i connect to pc.i see just red light and yellow light in ethernet..i downloaded rk android tool 2.3.9..i don't know what should I do more.. Heeeelp please

Comment

Yes.Reset buton is in AV. First i open batch tool.second preparing img after img is ready. Third holding press inside of AV (reset buton) with tooth pick. I cant take green color.i already run driver assistant 4.4..

Comment

Maybe USB Cable, In correct USB Port I think its 4 try them all to be sure
                Do you see unknown device in device manager or hear error noise from Windows

Try other USB port on PC use rear port if desktop
                If not that maybe try on another PC...
                Many things can be wrong could be of above
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

there is no error voice or something like that.reset button is recovery button i think.ı tried all usb ports ..maybe problem about firmware or wrong tools.is there any lik for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rıdvan View Post
                      I have this box mxr pro 4k.i can't connect it to pc.. Im trying to flash firmware.. Because it doesn't open.when i connect to pc.i see just red light and yellow light in ethernet..i downloaded rk android tool 2.3.9..i don't know what should I do more.. Heeeelp please
                      Unfortunately I had the same experience. I think it's a driver issue for this box as it just won't detect the box at all. I also tried the reset button and used all the ports - plug in, plug out, swap ports, connect power. Nothing.

I ordered mine from Gearbest and they said they'll accept as a return for a refund. Not worth struggling. Not for me anyway.

Comment

Hi guys,
                        is there a firmware for MX9 MAX? I did the same superSU update mistake, now I have to reflash. Thanks.

Comment

On testing no Wifi or BT

Firmware for this Unit.
                          Not installed as yet or tested

https://mega.nz/#!YroC3BzR!PQI-h3Qem...Chp471oY1Y9F8M

fine name: RK3328-BOX_7.1.2_20180301.1732_MXRPRO..

Thanks
                          Gearbest

problem still investigating
                          Firmware has right sigs
                          Last edited by trebor; 03-04-2018, 09:19.
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                          X