No announcement yet.

Searching help for my A5X max rk3328

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok... I am on win10.i manage to get it connected following a comment above. It connected when I went into recovery and hit connect to bootloader.. It was a happy moment lol. Now I proceed to flash firmware where I got a error. It stop at 'dowload idb failed '.. After trying a couple times I erase flash with android tools and still 'dowload idb fail'. I'm bricked.. When I connect with android tools it says maskrom device and connection button is blue in rk batch tools. The reason Im mentioning this is on some fourms I read I was needed to short pin 8 9 on chip to get box in maskrom mode, blue button.. But I didn't and that's how the box is showing up.. I'm lost.. Any help or advice will be appreciated.. Thanks!!!

Comment

mine is the a5x max + version and I've managed to flash it with the latest firmware following the youtube channel earlier. as mentioned, the pin is on the av hole with the usb 4 hole. before that make sure you've installed the drivers so your pc detects it.

that aside, anyone have any suggestions to install the navigation panel and notification panel that is missing? also livewallpapers doesn't seem to work on mine as it doesn't show the apply button during preview screen.

thanks.

Comment

Leave links to the YouTube video and firmware. Thanks

Comment

This is ONLY for A5X MAX+ 4GB/32GB kodi18.0 RK3328 rooted firmware here
          Build no. rk3328_box-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47K eng.foxluo.20171211.143257 test-keys
          SDK version RK30_ANDROID7.1.2-SDK-v1.00.00
          Samsung 32GB eMMC KMV2W00LM-B506
          FN-Link 6222B-SRB WIFI Bluetooth module

Comment

Originally posted by gidabytes View Post
            This is ONLY for A5X MAX+ 4GB/32GB kodi18.0 RK3328 rooted firmware here
            Build no. rk3328_box-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47K eng.foxluo.20171211.143257 test-keys
            SDK version RK30_ANDROID7.1.2-SDK-v1.00.00
            Samsung 32GB eMMC KMV2W00LM-B506
            FN-Link 6222B-SRB WIFI Bluetooth module
            Installed on a5x Max ( NOT + ). Seems working fine except Wifi ( can't start ). It could be great using the original wifi module with this rom. Any ideas?

Comment

please check the wifi chipset model on your box. i bought another a5x max+ but same wifi FN-Link 6222B-SRB WIFI Bluetooth module but different eMMC model

what is your RAM and storage capacity?
              Last edited by gidabytes; 01-10-2018, 20:01.

Comment

Originally posted by gidabytes View Post
                please check the wifi chipset model on your box. i bought another a5x max+ but same wifi FN-Link 6222B-SRB WIFI Bluetooth module but different eMMC model

what is your RAM and storage capacity?
                Don't know exactly the chipset, I'll chek it. Anyway it's a 4GB Ram unit with 100Mb Ethernet and 2.4 Ghz Wifi. Note it is the A5X MAX model ( not the + version... )

Comment

Originally posted by mattkix View Post
                  thanks All for trying to help me...but I find solution my own....and now have GOOD WORKING devices...Problem was to find Short pin because on board is new Nand so I have to find correct pin to short connect before turn USB in TV box........AND i Found good pin.......Im Sending you foto of short pin connections maybe can help others....
                  When coonect two pin with metal wire or something else...., insert usb (connected to PC but before that you have to instal drivers fisrt and open RKbatch tool and insert good firmware)...wait for 10 sec and PC should recognize TV box..Now can remove wire connection ...On your PC you will see that in RKbatch program square become blue...after that click Upgrade and wait till finish.....that is all and should have good working TV box...hope it helps
                  hi mattkix please provide link to the drivers. thank you

Comment

Hi All.
                    Would just like say Thanks to Mattkix.
                    His Solution on Post #15 help bring my MX10 back to Life.
                    Cheers
                    R7

Comment

It was working well for quite some time now, however since yesterday, it wont turn on using the power adapter. I checked the power adapter elsewhere and it works good. It however, will boot up if i used power using external usb. But, when it does, all i get is a green screen. Can you ppl please help me on this.

I have uploaded the video to youtube and the link is shared below. As can be seen, the power adapter is not working. However, on using usb the tv box boots up, but eventually a green screen is shown.

Please note that the power adapter is not faulty. It does not work with the tv box now. None of the power adapters do, except for usb power.

Comment

My a5x box boot animation stuck no recovery mode I am use toothpick trick only show erase device not option for recovery mode helf me

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Flash the stock firmware from a PC.

dear all,

My a5x max+ stopped working suddently.

I decided to flash stock firmware with computer but I got the following error "Download IDB Failed".
                        Do you thinnk I need to short pin the motherboard ? If yes, any1 knows which pin for a A5Max + model ?

Comment

his is the log that gives me if I try to restore the fw.
                          a5x max 8.1
                          ********** Upgrade Action **********
                          ********** Upgrade Start Total <1> **********
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Download Boot Start
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Download Boot Success
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Wait For Maskrom Start
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Wait For Maskrom Success
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Test Device Start
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Test Device Success
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Check Chip Start
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Check Chip Success
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Get FlashInfo Start
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Get FlashInfo Success
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Prepare IDB Start
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Prepare IDB Success
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Download IDB Start
                          <Layer 2-1-2> Download IDB Fail
                          ********** Upgrade Done Success <0> Fail <1> Time <205578> ms **********

Comment

• mo123
                            mo123 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Your device is now bricked since you flashed the wrong firmware to it.

I had loaded a fw for h96, but always for rockchip 3328

Comment

Hi to all !
                            I have A5X Max tv box stuck on Red Light i followed the method given by mattkix i used RKBatchTool , RK_Android_Tool different versions

And the firmware mxq_rk3328_d4_rtl8723_a5xmax_20170726_r1(20170823)
                            I have always Dowload Boot Failed ( FOUND MASKROM DEVICE )
                            Please any Help a flash file for boot a recoverry image for a5x max 4gb/32gb
                            THank you
                            Originally posted by mattkix View Post
                            thanks All for trying to help me...but I find solution my own....and now have GOOD WORKING devices...Problem was to find Short pin because on board is new Nand so I have to find correct pin to short connect before turn USB in TV box........AND i Found good pin.......Im Sending you foto of short pin connections maybe can help others....
                            When coonect two pin with metal wire or something else...., insert usb (connected to PC but before that you have to instal drivers fisrt and open RKbatch tool and insert good firmware)...wait for 10 sec and PC should recognize TV box..Now can remove wire connection ...On your PC you will see that in RKbatch program square become blue...after that click Upgrade and wait till finish.....that is all and should have good working TV box...hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                            X