• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. You saved my box!

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyes View Post
      Good morning,
      Superceleron thank you for your fantastic work.
      One question, can I use this Rom for the scsion v88 V88 NO? is the same product, only difference is the ram 4/16.

Thanks Best Regards
      I'm running it on the Piano but there seems to be a lot of stuff missing. For instance, I can only access the home (launcher) setting when I actually install another launcher. I installed Katzoft's "settings search" app and no magnifying glass even shows up (contrary to his screen shots on the playstore page for it).

Also notifications swipe down doesn't work nor do the normal navigation bottom line (with the circle, house, and pages icons) show up. So its pretty hard to do a lot of things. But I think these were also defects in the stock rom so if that was used as the basis for this one then it would make sense.

Comment

Thanks Kevin,
        it's better not to complicate my life with this RomRom.

Comment

superceleron i crashed it and I'm trying to reinstall the *.img file thru twrp's "install" option. Can you tell me which partition I'm supposed to flash it on?

the options are:

Uboot
          Trust
          Resource
          Kernel
          Boot

TIA,

-Kevin

Comment

FYI it complains about kernel being too small

Comment

I finally redownloaded the original zip and its complaining no digest file found. It would be super nice if I could re-flash this without having to go back to my pc with the double male cable cuz its power supplied just died

Comment

The img is to be burn by usb with the tool for windows!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron
                  The img is to be burn by usb with the tool for windows!
                  That's all you can tell me? You don't know which of those partitions the windows usb tool puts the image on? Its going to be almost a week until my new power supply comes in and I'd really like to have this going sooner

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Comment

I installed the snowball notification manager with aptoid (its not on playstore) and it allowed me to turn on notifications for the wetek launcher as well as it (otherwise unreachable best I could tell through the settings) and that gave me icons on the launcher plus a nice pull down notifications tool so that helps a lot.

Still strange that I can't get the navigation panel up off the bottom plus so much of the settings are unreachable unless an app is installed that initiates it for its own purposes.

Comment

FYI, the snowball notification manager appears to deaden things near the top of the screen (for its pull down) such as browser tabs.  They still work but you have to click on the bottom of them.

Also, I was able to access turning on the Wetek launcher's notifications thru its setup age (house with gear icon) (but not thru android's regular settings anywhere I can tell).

Comment

Hi, Superceleron, I bought a piano version of this Mini III which spec is 4G ram + 16G rom + RK3328 chip, from China market, the firmware preinstalled is date Nov 2017 but it's crappy, are u able to form-up a new firmware for this spec, I think just modify your 2G+8G version firmware will do. appreciate your reply.

Comment

• superceleron
                          superceleron commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry i cant now, i have to many other boxes to work 1º and when i mean many is really many!

Hi superceleron any idea why I can't seem to get HP printing going no matter what I try?   I think maybe its because I can't enable the hp print service plugin thru the settings menu.   There doesn't seem to be any path to it via settings.   I'm not really getting any error messages in the logs either other than

PrintManager

Feature android.software.print not available.

no app menus show print except for acrobat (which doesn't do anything nor work).

Only occasionally does a print option show up under the share menu (and it also does nothing nor does it work).

TIA,
                        -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by nightshark View Post
                          Hi, Superceleron, I bought a piano version of this Mini III which spec is 4G ram + 16G rom + RK3328 chip, from China market, the firmware preinstalled is date Nov 2017 but it's crappy, are u able to form-up a new firmware for this spec, I think just modify your 2G+8G version firmware will do. appreciate your reply.
                          I'm running this ROM on my v88 piano.   Since its based on the original crappy ROM a lot of the stuff that didn't work there still doesn't work, but in spite of that IMO its a big improvement (for performance reasons if nothing else).

Its also nice to have TWRP installed to recover, do backups, etc...

Don't forget to go into the launcher's settings and enable notifications (and/or install snowball).   That helps a lot in knowing what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfish View Post

I'm running this ROM on my v88 piano.Â* Â*Since its based on the original crappy ROM a lot of the stuff that didn't work there still doesn't work, but in spite of that IMO its a big improvement (for performance reasons if nothing else).

Its also nice to have TWRP installed to recover, do backups, etc...

Don't forget to go into the launcher's settings and enable notifications (and/or install snowball).Â* Â*That helps a lot in knowing what's going on.
                            Oh mine....appreciate so much for ur input, Pal. I will give a try soon, curious how can this 2G ram + 8G rom version firmware can be worked on the 4G+16G version, sorry I am noob for Android OTT. Anyway, I found another thread in FT http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...a-player/page2, seems another new firmware released just last few weeks, wanna try both and gald to hear you if you can try it too.

Comment

Hi guys! Not later than I have the day before yesterday switched off food of our box and after connection of the power supply unit it has ceased to join on anything doesn't react, the light-emitting diode doesn't burn. She has died?

Comment

Working...
                              X