Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCISHION V88 Piano TV Box - RK3328 4GB RAM + 16GB ROM Android 7.1 USB 3.0 Fast lan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1980 View Post
    Firmware to share ... ... buy not yet installed finished apk apk broken one hour not .. conscience advice to buy this one can not use titanium backup .. now I only red light. I also hope that the community more Kind person https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JNF...ew?usp=sharing
    Is this firmware you shared working?

Comment

Hi ,

the Tests say it is a Mini III , whats right ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi, I just got this firmware from Gearbest, it was in baidu but I have uploaded to Mega.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Thanks!!

Comment

Please help. In my Piano, only the red LED lights, after connecting to the PC shows "device not known" I have Android Toolv2.35 and Rockchip batch tool v1.8, Driver Assistant 4.1 drivers but do not detect TvBox. What to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Dami View Post
            Please help. In my Piano, only the red LED lights, after connecting to the PC shows "device not known" I have Android Toolv2.35 and Rockchip batch tool v1.8, Driver Assistant 4.1 drivers but do not detect TvBox. What to do?
            What usb are you using to connect the piano to the pc?

I used the tone closed to the front

Comment

USB 2.0 black cable. I found my where the memory shortcut is the two gold points, but it does not help me. I've been piling on three PCs and then "device unknown"
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Dami View Post
                USB 2.0 black cable. I found my where the memory shortcut is the two gold points, but it does not help me. I've been piling on three PCs and then "device unknown"
                I didn't have to shortcut any circuit, I just had to click the reset button with the usb connected to the pc until the devices is detected in the software.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by changonc View Post
                  Hi, I just got this firmware from Gearbest, it was in baidu but I have uploaded to Mega.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Thanks!!
                  Hi, Changonc, is this firmware you shared working on your box perfectly? Any bugs? I bought this Piano version V88 Mini III in China when I was there, the original firmware installed dated 10Nov2017 can't log in my google account, totally crappy, May I use your firmware shared. Appreciate your reply.

Comment

Hi,

In several places, including this topic, it is claimed that the Scishion V88 Piano has Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps).
                    I am pretty sure that mine only has Fast Ethernet (100 Mbps).

Does anyone have one with confirmed GbE?
                    (Maybe there are two versions.)

I have not opened the box but several things indicate that it doesn't have GbE:
                    - it connects to my GbE switch at only 100 Mbps
                    - the photos of the PCB on the first page of this topic show a TRC1102NL which is a 10/100 Mbps transformer
                    - AIUI GbE requires an external chip (e.g. RTL8211F) and I can see no sign of one in the boot logs
                    - internal Ethernet doesn't work with DTB's for boards with GbE.

Cheers,
                    Chris
                    Last edited by segv; 02-08-2018, 07:38. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by segv View Post
                      Hi,

In several places, including this topic, it is claimed that the Scishion V88 Piano has Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps).
                      I am pretty sure that mine only has Fast Ethernet (100 Mbps).

Does anyone have one with confirmed GbE?
                      (Maybe there are two versions.)

I have not opened the box but several things indicate that it doesn't have GbE:
                      - it connects to my GbE switch at only 100 Mbps
                      - the photos of the PCB on the first page of this topic show a TRC1102NL which is a 10/100 Mbps transformer
                      - AIUI GbE requires an external chip (e.g. RTL8211F) and I can see no sign of one in the boot logs
                      - internal Ethernet doesn't work with DTB's for boards with GbE.

Cheers,
                      Chris
                      Chris, you are right, this Piano version actually is upgraded version of V88 mini III, I checked Gearbest's post of V88 Mini III at http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-wifi-fast-lan, it was fastlane (only 100mbps Ethernet not GBE) clearly. DOn't be misled by the dealer.

Comment

Thank you, nightshark, for your confirmation.

@trebor: Please could you update the picture in #1 and make it clear that the Scishion V88 Piano does not have Gigabit Ethernet.

I needed a box with USB 3.0 (for a storage device) and Gigabit Ethernet.
                        I bought this box because it also had 4GB RAM and was very reasonably priced.
                        Now I shall have to add a USB 3.0 GbE adapter and a USB 3.0 hub to meet my requirements

Comment

GNU/Linux on the Scishion V88 Piano

One nice thing about the Scishion V88 Piano is that, unlike my Z28 and Z28 Pro, it will boot easily from a micro SD-card.
                          Just insert the card and power on

I tried all these images:

All these images booted directly from a micro SD-card
                          Most of them require an external USB Ethernet adapter (internal Ethernet and Wi-Fi don't seem to be supported).
                          Unfortunately most of them run much more slowly than I had expected

I found an easy hack to greatly speed up simple operations not involving heavy graphics or video.
                          (Due to the lack of hardware acceleration, YouTube videos, for example, still play frame by frame.)
                          I copied exactly the same disk image to both a micro SD-card and to a USB 3.0 storage device.
                          I modified the label on the root partition of the SD-card so that it would use the USB disk as the rootfs instead.
                          On most of these images the rootfs is labelled linux-root on partition 7.
                          I used gparted to change the SD-card's partition 7 label to linux-rootX so that it would pick up the partition on the USB drive instead.

I also used parted to correct for the size of both the devices and to increase the size of the root partition on the USB drive. However this is not strictly necessary.

The best Ubuntu image that I have found is this one:

This currently redirects to:

There is only one single partition in this image so I had to:
                          - copy the image to a USB storage device
                          - resize the partition
                          - add the label linux-root
                          - copy the appropriate files from the boot directory of this partition to replace the dtb, Image and initrd.img files on the boot partition of the SD-card that I used previously
                          - ensure that there is no partition labelled linux-root on the SD-card
                          - after booting I installed ubuntu-mate-desktop but this is obviously not mandatory
                          The advantages of this image are:
                          - it will find the linux-root partition even if the USB storage device is on a hub (otherwise the USB drive monopolizes the USB 3.0 port)
                          - YouTube video (nearly) works so there must be some hardware acceleration
                          Unfortunately the video freezes from time to time. This doesn't seem to be due to a slow Internet connection.
                          As a stability test and a realistic benchmark, I compiled natively the recent mainline v4.15 Linux kernel: "make defconfig && make -j 4 Image" finished successfully in about 72 minutes.
                          This is not too bad for a box costing about $40.

I also tried this image but it did not seem to boot (at least there was only a blank screen on HDMI):

Maybe it is completely headless so I shall try again to ssh into it.
                          (Or to login via a serial console but I have not yet needed to open the case.)

I hope that this helps someone.
                          If anyone knows the DTS and/or driver modifications necessary to get internal Ethernet and Wi-Fi to work I should be most interested.

Comment

Guys why can't I install a f
                            different launcher, nova etc all fail and I can't uninstall mbox. Also any way to get an upper or lower bar. It's miserable without it

Comment

Originally posted by changonc View Post

https://mega.nz/#!Jxk3SZjT!HrHIwqlu-...D3H7oopWwSonHM

Thanks!!
                              Hangs on the splash screen Android.
                              Last edited by minya; 02-09-2018, 22:05.

Comment

Originally posted by segv View Post
                                GNU/Linux on the Scishion V88 Piano
                                If anyone knows the DTS and/or driver modifications necessary to get internal Ethernet and Wi-Fi to work I should be most interested.
                                Replying partially to my own question:
                                Internal Ethernet works with Rockchip's v4.4 kernel using rk3328-evb.dts instead of rk3328-rock64.dts
                                Update: I should have mentioned that this was with 4.4.103 (release-20171213) but 4.4.112 didn't boot.
                                However the USB 2.0 port furthest from the USB 3.0 port does not work
                                I shall try to create a custom DTS.

Remark: on some other kernels, including v4.15 mainline, rk3328-evb.dts does not seem to enable internal Ethernet
                                Last edited by segv; 02-15-2018, 16:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X