MVR9 RK3328 Nougat ROM by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello mo123,
    thank you for this information. ok, so i see that isn,t possible to change the background or some view...
    Delete and ad app icons i now (try,d bevor a little), but this is just possible below the big boxes. Thoose boxes i cannot give a specific app,...it doesn,t matter, i think i can live with this and not need to use so much anymore, ok.

But i have some more questions (sorry).
    1. with "RKTVLauncher" you mean the standard launcher?
    2. If i would change the launcher (i just klick everytime on use just one time, ore similar) where i can change back again. I was carefully to set one fix launcher because i affraid cannot joice it again. In the setting menue is no setting for the homescreen.

And some questions again about the rom:
    1. Ok, and now i think i did a misstake and flash,d the MVR9_RK3328_Custom_ROM_v1.7b_by_mo123 rom, but i see now there is a newer release?

I got some problems with kodi, youtube, my network connection to Nas server all times lost (i dont know it is from rom, but bevore i had no problems) and also my leanback keyboard is cracy by tap/writing (must put passwords a hundred a time :-(

2. So ist the MVR9_RK3328_Custom_ROM_v1.8b_by_mo123 now the latest (i see some youtube problems are fixed)?
    3. And for flashing again i cannot upgrade with this flashtool or something like to a newer release?
    If i flash so everything is gone again? I will do this, i think with some app backups (Kodi,....) it isn,t so much work after... no problem

4. Once i had bevore: after flashing i couldnt use any google apps (playstore...) about no google device certficate. So i registration the device in google (with the "Google Framework Services Android-ID") , then after it works. If i flash again must i do this again to (ore loose the item ID/get new after flash)?

Sorry, so many questions, but i dont need ask everything once by once. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by poppint View Post
      Hello mo123,
      thank you for this information. ok, so i see that isn,t possible to change the background or some view...
      Delete and ad app icons i now (try,d bevor a little), but this is just possible below the big boxes. Thoose boxes i cannot give a specific app,...it doesn,t matter, i think i can live with this and not need to use so much anymore, ok.

But i have some more questions (sorry).
      1. with "RKTVLauncher" you mean the standard launcher?
      2. If i would change the launcher (i just klick everytime on use just one time, ore similar) where i can change back again. I was carefully to set one fix launcher because i affraid cannot joice it again. In the setting menue is no setting for the homescreen.

And some questions again about the rom:
      1. Ok, and now i think i did a misstake and flash,d the MVR9_RK3328_Custom_ROM_v1.7b_by_mo123 rom, but i see now there is a newer release?

I got some problems with kodi, youtube, my network connection to Nas server all times lost (i dont know it is from rom, but bevore i had no problems) and also my leanback keyboard is cracy by tap/writing (must put passwords a hundred a time :-(

2. So ist the MVR9_RK3328_Custom_ROM_v1.8b_by_mo123 now the latest (i see some youtube problems are fixed)?
      3. And for flashing again i cannot upgrade with this flashtool or something like to a newer release?
      If i flash so everything is gone again? I will do this, i think with some app backups (Kodi,....) it isn,t so much work after... no problem

4. Once i had bevore: after flashing i couldnt use any google apps (playstore...) about no google device certficate. So i registration the device in google (with the "Google Framework Services Android-ID") , then after it works. If i flash again must i do this again to (ore loose the item ID/get new after flash)?

Sorry, so many questions, but i dont need ask everything once by once. :-)
      The background depends on the launcher you use.
      Some launchers can't change the background.
      You will see what Google is doing with AndroidTV, the background is just black, no way to change it, you can't even change the default launcher.
      If you have some wallpaper 720p/1080p image, I can try to put it in HPHTvLauncher by default and test if it will work, then you can replace the app.

Inside the big boxes, you can add favorite app shortcuts, eg. put all your streaming app shortcuts under one big box, all your music apps under a different box etc.
      It works better to organise your apps, but the big boxes can't open a specific app by pressing ok once unfortunately.

1. RKTVLauncher is the first one here
      I think it is also included in the Nougat firmware.
      You can long press ok or something to move the tiles into different positions.
      https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...056#post764056

2. To switch between different launchers, you can use an app like this.
      I already included it in my Oreo firmware and now busy adding an easy setting to switch the launcher without an app on Oreo.
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....flea.gsd.flea

You can also double press the Home button to see the recent apps in the background.
      Long press OK(DPAD_Center) on a window to close that app, long press Back to close all recent apps.

You can try plugging USB receiver of keyboard remote into a different USB port to help.
      You can try to change to this keyboard or install it, it is the best onscreen keyboard for tv boxes or you can change back to the default white/grey one with big buttons.
      Keyboard for Android based TV and set-top-box. Contribute to yuliskov/LeanKeyKeyboard development by creating an account on GitHub.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/2. The Oreo firmware is the latest, not this Nougat ROM, but it is still being worked on so may have 2 or 3 bugs not preset in Nougat but 4K video playback in Kodi etc. works much better in Oreo.
      https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...o-rom-by-mo123

3. To flash use:
      AndroidTool v2.59
      - Then do Eraseflash and Upgrade

Or you can use
      FactoryTool v1.39
      Then choose Restore at the top and the button to start

Kodi Backup addon works well to backup and restore everything.
      For apps, there are apps that can install multiple apps automatically to save time, can search Google Play Store.

4. The Google Registration shouldn't come up.
      It happens sometimes when you flashed and didn't do 'EraseFlash' or not used FactoryTool to flash.
      First time the firmware boots, open Google Play and leave it for 10 minutes to update, then login and you shouldn't have problems.
      Unfortunately Google updates their apps several times a week and it's not possible to include the latest versions, then i would have to release a new ROM on a daily basis which is not possible.
      I will upload this app later then you can try it if you ever come across the problem again, to register quickly.
      Automatically register GSF ID with google. Contribute to Ahren-Li/GoogleDeviceRegistration development by creating an account on GitHub.

Make sure you are using the latest Kodi 18, they make daily changes and network might work better in the latest versions.
      Uninstall any olde Kodi app first.

If you do a lot of playback through Kodi, I would suggest to run LibreELEC(Kodi Linux OS) from a micro-sd card.
      It provides the best video playback and several users are using it for 4K and LiveTV playback

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-release/page6 - Read the first post how to write it to a micro-sd card.
      Hello, just want to share my feedback for the test build for trn9 box. did an short test with image from 04/04 delay after refresh rate set to 6.5s, otherwise audio noises no more crashes when pushing stop button on RC or OS Menue hdmi passthrough…

TVHeandend, Oscam addons
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Most of my focus will now be on Oreo firmware, not Nougat anymore.

Comment

this rom work in v88 mini III rk3328 whit 6051p wifi ?

Comment

Originally posted by henryguzman View Post
          this rom work in v88 mini III rk3328 whit 6051p wifi ?
          No

Comment

Hello mo123,

WOW! Thank you for your comprehensive answers because when you took for me really a lot of work thank you!

1. Yes, that's exactly the RKTVLauncher, it's included in this Rome.
            Yes that does not work with the boxes, I know. This and the background image bothered me the most, but honestly I do not care about it now because I - as I see probably anyway, let Kodi automatically open after booting and certainly will not need the other apps that often. Yes move works, but sort only by deleting and repositioning, then move on the others, ... It's ok, now I know at least that I am not too stupid to use the launcher. :-)
            - No'me - Launcher Switcher is a very good solution I think!

- Thanks for the offer with the background picture, but you really do not need to do that for me - too much work for this ("old") Rom that you do not continue now.

- Also thanks for the info about the app window and the keyboard app. But I already have a zero keyboard installed and active, as it is awful if the on-screen keyboard always goes on. I only write on the Leanback physical keyboard. Nevertheless, the on-screen keyboard is always on in certain applications, which is probably because of the App (for example, Kodi) the screen keyboard just by default opens and can not hide. I have already tried all USB ports, that has no effect ....

2. With last nougat Rom I meant the "Custom_ROM_v1.8b_by_mo123" which I had previously seen on ----> https://forum.elezoo.com/index.php?t...nougat-rom.22/ , Only I did not find it then to download, that's why I flashed the MVR9_RK3328_Custom_ROM_v1.7b. from this page.

- I've already seen the Oreo, but was cautious because I was a bit worried about the performance (system stability) and some bugs of the box, since this is only sold with Android 7. Is the performance (CPU, Ram, ...) enough for the Oreo, probably because otherwise you would not make an Oreo for it? :-)

- 4k videos I will probably never look in the life of this box. I do not have and do not need a 4k.

3. The Kodi Backup addon does not work for me (at least not with .zip file). The backup is running and then no file can be found. 1st attempt was backup path on USB stick ---> nothing saved after the end. 2nd attempt was on internal folder path ---> no file saved! I searched and found the backup zip in Kodi Temp folder. The archive was incomplete. Kodi Backup Addon seems to break off just before the end.

I have to try again without a zip file (single folder backup), but I can not be sure because then everything is included, I think ...? I do not trust this addon anymore :-(

- This app to auto-register Google is great, very good idea!

- Ok, do not install Kodi from Playstore. Automatic updates allowed later?
            - I'll try LibreELEC. I can use that if Kodi is still installed, since the box is booting from the SD card as I have read.

5. I will definitely flash your Oreo, I think now. But first I have to solve the Kodi Backup problem. I have spent many hours in the library and adjustments, addons, .... set up a lot of Kodi and do not want to start all over again.

Greetings from Germany (Bavaria) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

No
              Yo can you mod system.img for generic tv box with rk3328?

I have micro stuttering with this Box on my 4k tv, it sure is faster but that aint helping the micro stuttering, for that to work it requires a good video signal from a tv box, i see every background activity when watching youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post

Yo can you mod system.img for generic tv box with rk3328?

I have micro stuttering with this Box on my 4k tv, it sure is faster but that aint helping the micro stuttering, for that to work it requires a good video signal from a tv box, i see every background activity when watching youtube.
                hi SIlver, hi Mo123, hi everybody.

Actually I also would need a standard system.img for my generic tv box. The current file is smaller than expected (1536 Mbytes) and ANdroidTool refuses flashing it.....

please mo123, do you mind to check that?

thank you!

Comment

Hallo mo123
                  , do you have a remotecontroll app for mvr9?

Comment

Originally posted by xflug View Post
                    Hallo mo123
                    , do you have a remotecontroll app for mvr9?
                    Do you mean the remote control app to map touch screen games?
                    Or remote app to control tv box, the AndroidTV Oreo ROM can work with the AndroidTV Remote Control app when you set it up with your phone when it boots.

Comment

I'm working on an Android Pie firmware.
                      Just some small problem with HDMI Display resolutions getting reset.
                      Everything seems to work well so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X