Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mo123
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, you can restore a backup over a new firmware or selective upgrade existing firmware without losing data.
    I'll try to put a guide together that will explain it easier.

• bylderup
    replied
    mo123

Is it possible to update a Version without loosing existing apps and configs ?

Or does a backup/restore programm exist doing this job (selective backup/restore) ?

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    commented on 's reply
    The new ROM has an updated MXPlayer with some fix for subtitles.
    You can also check if changing the subtitle settings has any effect.

You can try to uninstall Kodi and install the latest nightly, but have to manually change the stream frame-rate in the bottom right video settings while a video is playing.
    Maybe it works better with PVR addons now, don't know.

To install the old Kodi again, system/vendor/bundled*apps/Kodi/Kodi.apk

• mo123
    replied
    New ROM v1.7a
    https://mega.nz/#!wBshVYAA!0sStGXI_5...tVX9pkoBndmG-4
    Pass:mvr9

- Fixed Bluetooth connection
    - DocumentsUI works with ir remote
    - Improve DDR speed
    - Updated apps
    - New video codecs
    - Some default app shortcuts in launcher
    - TVSettings with some updated German translations that were in English previously.
    Last edited by mo123; 07-30-2018, 07:09.

Leave a comment:

• bylderup
    replied
    Just installed your new 1.7 ROM

another step forward to have fun with my MVR9 device.

Thanks for your efforts and the ROM.

Some little problems:

Watching "Welt HD" in live TV with TVH Client for Android or in Kodi for Android is much better now, although (in german) "Laufschrift" has still some Micro judders.

Wathing "ARD HD" or "ZDF HD" with TVH Client in Kodi for Android, I cannot disable subtitels in MX Player. I use VLC instead.

In Spotify I can not access "my mixtapes" donĀ“t know if this is a bug in the app. Rest of my music is playing fine.

But in summary the device is ready for every day use because of your Rom. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    How to root

Go to Right TVSettings - More Settings
    About Device - Tap 5 times on Build number to enable Developer options.

Click image for larger version  Name:	root1.png Views:	1 Size:	100.0 KB ID:	736329

In Developer options - Enable Root

Click image for larger version  Name:	root2.png Views:	1 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	736330

Choose 'OK' to restart the device

Click image for larger version  Name:	root3.png Views:	1 Size:	101.3 KB ID:	736331

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    New MVR9 v1.7 ROM Released

New Recent apps menu
    - Can navigate up, down, left, right much easier with a remote and see the whole window
    - Long press OK to close a window
    - Long press back to close all recent apps
    Fix Airmouses' Enter key not working in Google Play Store, Chrome Browser and other apps
    To disable the onscreen keyboard if using an airmouse - Change the default keyboard to Null Keyboard.
    Fixed Ethernet
    Static ethernet mac address after reboot
    Spoof ethernet as wifi connection - Fixes games like Asphalt and others to work over ethernet instead of just wifi.
    Better USB port stability
    VC-1 support in Kodi 18
    Improve EMMC performance
    Amazon Prime HD is supported in Kodi 18, see previous post.

Don't upgrade to latest Kodi 18 nightly, it has audio problems and don't support 24hz video playback, it will playback at 60hz and cause stutters.
    Use included Kodi 18 I made for now.
    23.976fps support will be added next month to work like in LibreELEC with perfect motion and no judder.

Download link: Here
    Pass: mvr9
    Use only AndroidTool v2.52 in OP to flash.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Some tips

Long press menu button to hide/show the statusbar.
    Menu click on an app to autostart it on boot, uninstall or clear it's data.

In new Recent apps screen(with new ROM to be released today)
    Long press DPAD_Center button on a window to close it.
    Long press back button to close all recent apps.
    When using an airmouse, you can just click on the X in the top right of windows and at the top Clear Recent apps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_RA.png Views:	2 Size:	282.0 KB ID:	735828

To Play Amazon Prime Video in HD in Kodi 18
    Set the following 2 addons to Enabled so they have a checkmark at the front.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Amazon-Addon1.png Views:	2 Size:	202.5 KB ID:	735831

Download the following Repo and add it to Kodi via Addon Browser > Install from ZIP
    https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/r...gins-1.0.2.zip
    Install Amazon VOD Addon from Sandmann79's Repository
    (German users have a different addon that can be installed with more settings)
    At Settings > General you have to choose to use the Inputstream Playback Method

Click image for larger version  Name:	Amazon-Addon2.png Views:	1 Size:	795.7 KB ID:	735830
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by Norceno View Post
    Hi, mo123!
    Can you tell me the way to make your ROM autostart selected app upon boot? I've tried about dozen of apps from Play Market, none of them can autostart an app on your rom Tried it with the root on and off, makes no difference. Seems like there is some bug in rom.
    If it matters, I've tried to autostart various programs, but i need to start specifically one (Squeeze Player), and minimized if possible.
    Can you tell me the way to turn autostart on using your rom? Thanks in advance!
    Menu cllick on your app and set it to autostart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_AS.png
Views:	122
Size:	484.4 KB
ID:	735825

Leave a comment:

• Norceno
    replied
    Hi, mo123!
    Can you tell me the way to make your ROM autostart selected app upon boot? I've tried about dozen of apps from Play Market, none of them can autostart an app on your rom Tried it with the root on and off, makes no difference. Seems like there is some bug in rom.
    If it matters, I've tried to autostart various programs, but i need to start specifically one (Squeeze Player), and minimized if possible.
    Can you tell me the way to turn autostart on using your rom? Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Mywk View Post
    mo123 Thanks! Took me a few hours and some catlogs but I was able to ported it successfully and it is working correctly!!

Board: MXQ_RK3328_D4_V1.2
    Rockhip RK3328
    Wifi: HS2734A
    eMMC H26M64208EMR

32GB, 4GB RAM DDR3

Click image for larger version Name:	box.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	734306
    Click image for larger version Name:	image_33719.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.8 KB ID:	734308
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20180705_004350.jpg Views:	1 Size:	25.4 KB ID:	734307

Works flawlessly (except for the WIFI, shows all AP's but acts as password is always wrong when connecting, not sure if it's a driver problem as it also happens with the original Firmware).

You sir deserve a donation, seriously you should drop a PayPal link or something alike!

Just a final question! Have you tried Magisk with your rom? (Had no time to test yet, just got it running and tested!)
    Can you share your firmware? Mine is ddr3 mxr pro

Leave a comment:

replied
    Can you share your firmware? Mine is ddr3 too

Leave a comment:

• Mywk
    replied
    mo123 Thanks! Took me a few hours and some catlogs but I was able to ported it successfully and it is working correctly!!

Board: MXQ_RK3328_D4_V1.2
    Rockhip RK3328
    Wifi: HS2734A
    eMMC H26M64208EMR

32GB, 4GB RAM DDR3

Click image for larger version  Name:	box.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	734306
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_33719.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.8 KB ID:	734308
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180705_004350.jpg Views:	1 Size:	25.4 KB ID:	734307

Works flawlessly (except for the WIFI, shows all AP's but acts as password is always wrong when connecting, not sure if it's a driver problem as it also happens with the original Firmware).

You sir deserve a donation, seriously you should drop a PayPal link or something alike!

Just a final question! Have you tried Magisk with your rom? (Had no time to test yet, just got it running and tested!)
    Last edited by Mywk; 07-05-2018, 14:24.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    commented on 's reply
    You need a different bootloader, uboot and also in the kernel arch/arm64 dts, dtsi files the ddr4 code and higher frequencies. Check RK Linux Github for ways things are done. All Linux code is open-source. There is also the roc cc rk3328 using ddr4, gitlab with source code.

• Mywk
    replied
    mo123 Once again, thanks for your amazing work, I've been trying to modify a ROM to add support for my Bluetooth and WiFi chip, that part should be working,
    I'm currently stuck on something as I'm completely new to Android ROM development:

Where in the ROM is the section that specifies support/compatibility with DDR3 or DDR4 and what would be the best way to modify it?

I do software development for microcontrollers for a living so this is somewhat out of my element, thank you in advance!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X