Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philip83 View Post
    hello mo123,

Please, there is the possibility of kodi to make a 1: 1 backup.
    it is really troublesome to reinstall after installing android kodi?
    copy and play back from Android/data /org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
    did not work for me.

Kind regards,
    Phil.
    There is a much easier way.

Use the official Kodi backup addon under the Programs menu after installing it.
    Then you can make a zip backup of all your addons and settings and even choose what to backup.
    When reinstalling Kodi, just install the backup addon again and restore your zip backup file.

Comment

ok, thank you. i will try it at a new firmware upgrade.

Comment

hello mo,

there are news regarding a new version with widevine support?
        thank you for the information!

phil.
        Last edited by philip83; 01-18-2018, 12:00.

Comment

hello mo,

there are news regarding a new version with widevine support?

phil.
          Firmware already contains Widevine L3.
          But the L1 DRM is a bit complicated.
          It seems you also need lots of extra things like certification, HDCP keys etc.
          I tested Netflix and the Netflix Testing video went up to 4000kbps 1280x720p(can probably go higher) instead of 1750kbps 720x480p.
          So something is definitely different, but the video would freeze every 5-10 seconds, probably because of a unique HDCP key that is still needed binding it to the firmware I tested.
          So at the moment it is still in testing and waiting for feedback.

If you know of other apps that use Widevine and not playing HD currently, you can tell me then I can try to test it even if it doesn't work correctly.

Comment

No, unfortunately I don't know any app except Netflix, which needs widevine. I'm curious how it goes with the firmware and you solve the problem. thanks, mo.

Comment

hello mo,

it is possible to play videos in amazon prime video in 1080p. it looks like the video play in 720p.

phil.

Comment

hello mo,

it is possible to play videos in amazon prime video in 1080p. it looks like the video play in 720p.

phil.
                Users in US, UK, Germany can maybe test the Amazon Prime Addon for Kodi
                I think you need to enable InputStream addon in Kodi addon Settings too.
                Not sure if it works on Android.
                On LibreELEC Kodi, it uses Chrome Widevine then FHD video can work but only for users in US, UK, DE so I can't test it.
                I heard there are people working on LibreELEC for this device so it will be a possibility in the future.

Amazon is also in fights with Google and remove their apps from Google devices and Google removes Youtube from Amazon devices.
                So I'm not sure what requirements Amazon will have to make FHD possible, even Widevine L1 will not be enough.

I heard Google contacted the manufacturer but it seems there are lots of requirements before they will grant official L1 status.
                A possibility is to only use AndroidTV and locked bootloaders, so my custom firmware will probably not be able to have it, only the stock firmware.

You can also try Chrome browser, disable all the data saver or other checkboxes on startup instead of enabling it and request Desktop site in Settings.

Der kostengünstige Mini-Computer Raspberry Pi dient ja bekanntlich zusammen mit der Mediacenter-Sofware Kodi bei vielen Leuten als Unterhaltungszentrale. Der RasPi spielt lokal oder auf einem NAS abgespeicherte Medien ab, streamt problemlos Videos von Video-Plattformen wie YouTube, Vimeo oder das kostenlose und trotzdem legale Streaming-Portal Netzkino und nimmt auch vom Handy gestreamte Filme entgegen. So macht der [...]

Hier wird ein Addon angeboten, welches die Wiedergabe von Amazon Prime Video Inhalten ermöglicht. Funktionsumfang Poster werden bei den Filmen nur über Amazon bezogen. Das gleiche gilt auch für Trailer. Der Export von Filmen oder Serien erfolgt…

Prime Video Addon for Kodi Media Center. Contribute to Sandmann79/xbmc development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

thank you. it works in austria.

Comment

hello mo,

any news? can you solve the widevine problem?

thank you.
                    phil.

Comment

hello mo,

any news? can you solve the widevine problem?

thank you.
                      phil.
                      I'm busy testing a new root.

For Widevine, L3 is working.

For L1 DRM, it can work but only for unencrypted video which almost doesn't exist.
                      Google requires several CTS, Google certified tests to pass before they can give a L1 keybox locked to the device.
                      Then you also need to pay several thousand dollars for HDCP protection and keys.
                      It's already 2 months they are busy with Google.
                      Hopefully I will hear some more news after the Chinese New Year next week.

Another way is to get Linux running, then you can play DRM video in Chrome browser.
                      But I haven't tested Linux in a while and think video playback still needs work.

Comment

I'm working on a new firmware update.

Latest SuperSU is now fully working without any problems or updates needed.

I hear Google requested a lot of information that was sent to them for Widevine already for this tv box, they haven't replied yet.
                        If I hear about something, I'll post it.

I'm also busy testing LibreELEC and h264, 10-bit h264, VP9, mpeg4 is working well.
                        Some H265 videos are also working well, but several videos still have a problem.
                        The idea is to also get Netflix running through LibreELEC in HD.
                        I already run Netflix in FHD in Kodi on my Windows PC and it is really good.

Comment

good news. thank you for the update, mo.

Comment

please can this rom be used on UT3S?

Comment

Originally posted by Ico747 View Post
                              please can this rom be used on UT3S?
                              This is a RK3328 ROM, the UT3S is a RK3288 device.

Comment

Hi

LibreELEC has been released for the MVR9 tv box and merged into mainline LibreELEC.
                                Please post any feedback in the new thread here

Comment

Working...
                                X