Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MVR9 v1.7 ROM Released

New Recent apps menu
    - Can navigate up, down, left, right much easier with a remote and see the whole window
    - Long press OK to close a window
    - Long press back to close all recent apps
    Fix Airmouses' Enter key not working in Google Play Store, Chrome Browser and other apps
    To disable the onscreen keyboard if using an airmouse - Change the default keyboard to Null Keyboard.
    Fixed Ethernet
    Static ethernet mac address after reboot
    Spoof ethernet as wifi connection - Fixes games like Asphalt and others to work over ethernet instead of just wifi.
    Better USB port stability
    VC-1 support in Kodi 18
    Improve EMMC performance
    Amazon Prime HD is supported in Kodi 18, see previous post.

Don't upgrade to latest Kodi 18 nightly, it has audio problems and don't support 24hz video playback, it will playback at 60hz and cause stutters.
    Use included Kodi 18 I made for now.
    23.976fps support will be added next month to work like in LibreELEC with perfect motion and no judder.

Download link: Here
    Pass: mvr9
    Use only AndroidTool v2.52 in OP to flash.

Comment

How to root

Go to Right TVSettings - More Settings
      About Device - Tap 5 times on Build number to enable Developer options.

Click image for larger version  Name:	root1.png Views:	1 Size:	100.0 KB ID:	736329

In Developer options - Enable Root

Click image for larger version  Name:	root2.png Views:	1 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	736330

Choose 'OK' to restart the device

Click image for larger version  Name:	root3.png Views:	1 Size:	101.3 KB ID:	736331

Comment

Just installed your new 1.7 ROM

another step forward to have fun with my MVR9 device.

Thanks for your efforts and the ROM.

Some little problems:

Watching "Welt HD" in live TV with TVH Client for Android or in Kodi for Android is much better now, although (in german) "Laufschrift" has still some Micro judders.

Wathing "ARD HD" or "ZDF HD" with TVH Client in Kodi for Android, I cannot disable subtitels in MX Player. I use VLC instead.

In Spotify I can not access "my mixtapes" don´t know if this is a bug in the app. Rest of my music is playing fine.

But in summary the device is ready for every day use because of your Rom. Thanks!

Comment

• mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          The new ROM has an updated MXPlayer with some fix for subtitles.
          You can also check if changing the subtitle settings has any effect.

You can try to uninstall Kodi and install the latest nightly, but have to manually change the stream frame-rate in the bottom right video settings while a video is playing.
          Maybe it works better with PVR addons now, don't know.

To install the old Kodi again, system/vendor/bundled*apps/Kodi/Kodi.apk

New ROM v1.7a
        https://mega.nz/#!wBshVYAA!0sStGXI_5...tVX9pkoBndmG-4
        Pass:mvr9

- Fixed Bluetooth connection
        - DocumentsUI works with ir remote
        - Improve DDR speed
        - Updated apps
        - New video codecs
        - Some default app shortcuts in launcher
        - TVSettings with some updated German translations that were in English previously.
        Last edited by mo123; 07-30-2018, 07:09.

Comment

mo123

Is it possible to update a Version without loosing existing apps and configs ?

Or does a backup/restore programm exist doing this job (selective backup/restore) ?

Comment

• mo123
            mo123 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, you can restore a backup over a new firmware or selective upgrade existing firmware without losing data.
            I'll try to put a guide together that will explain it easier.

Originally posted by bylderup View Post
          mo123
          I'll try to put a guide together that will explain it easier.
          That would be very helpfull. I use the Android part of the MVR9 atm. because I can use my apps plus Kodi.
          But it is always a lot of work to re-install and configure the whole stuff after installing a new Rom Version.

Comment

Using your V1.7a Rom now. For live TV with TV Headend I have installed the app TVH Client. The client uses MXPlayer or VLC for video content. I am impressed about the Video Quality.

I think i found out why Spotify is partly in trouble. Using LAN the app thinks the device is offline. So no Radios, no searches, no mixtapes. Can u fix that with next Version or do you know a workaround ?

Comment

• mo123
              mo123 commented
              Editing a comment
              I also see the Spotify problem over ethernet.
              They might have made the app to only work over wifi and not put a lot of attention on ethernet support.
              If I find a solution or a new Spotify app is released that works, I'll let you know.
              I also see that the login screen flashes purple, not sure if that is right, will test on other devices, reported it to Spotify.

I don´t know the trick from the Amlogic devs, but on my S90x boxes same Spotify app is running without Problems.
            I hope you can find a solution ( this is one of these days I´m angry about myself, not to have more knowledge about Linux and Android development, so I can only report problems and not help to solve them..)
            Last edited by bylderup; 08-01-2018, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by bylderup View Post
              I don´t know the trick from the Amlogic devs, but on my S90x boxes same Spotify app is running without Problems.
              I hope you can find a solution ( this is one of these days I´m angry about myself, not to have more knowledge about Linux and Android development, so I can only report problems and not help to solve them..)
              Hi

After 3 days of trying to test everything I could think of, I found the problem 5 minutes ago.
              I will post a new update tomorrow that will fix Spotify.

Comment

ROM v1.7b released
                - Fix Spotify issue
                - Add ROM version

Link
                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

ROM v1.7c released

WPA: Ignore unauthenticated encrypted EAPOL-Key data (Fix wifi security vulnerability)
                  KRACK patch (Fix wifi security vulnerability)
                  Fix crash when language changed in More Settings - Display
                  wifi direct: support win10 miracast connection
                  input: use mouse middle key as Home
                  Use layer reserved to get dataspace for HWC2On1Adapter
                  update rkvpuapi head file for AVSPlus codec
                  SurfaceFlinger: Support eecolor api base
                  Make dataspace accessible to surface flinger
                  StorageSetting:fix start fragment repeated
                  Bluetooth: fix for bt can not connect back
                  file permission for mediacodec to fix device reboot when test cts media
                  fix NormalRgaSetFdsOffsets
                  wifidisplay : Add source support for rockchip platform
                  sepolicy:add policy for ntfs sd/UDisk copy support
                  Add hdmi colorimetry type
                  Add flag to support hdr colorspace & metadata
                  add direct out frame mode
                  reduce poll time in IServiceManager->getService() called by context.getSystemService, use 50ms instead of 1s
                  fix NEXT_TRANSIT_TYPE_CLIP_REVEAL animation display error
                  New codecs

Link
                  MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Unfortunately, I can't test it. I'm disappointed.

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      MXR Pro or MX9 Pro devices unfortunately have no support.
                      You have to do research before buying a device to see what has good reviews and software support.
                      I don't have those devices, so can't help.
                      You can check chinagadgetreviews for stock firmwares perhaps.

In fact, I can modify your firmware brush on my box, which is a lot that can't be implemented.

Comment

Hi,

Can I install this great rom on: Alfawise Z28 Pro?

Best regards/ Nikke

Comment

• mo123
                        mo123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can try but it might brick your device.
                        Make sure to have a backup of the stock firmware to flash back if there are problems.

Hi all,
                      I would like to install the latest version of your rom, but when I try to install the firmware the Android Tool program goes into error because my chip is RK322H....
                      How can I do? When I access the info from the current version of the TV Box software, it tells me that it is RK3328.

Thank you
                      Simone

Comment

• mo123
                        mo123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        RK3328 is RK322H, that's right.
                        Use Androidtool v2.52
                    Working...
                    X