No announcement yet.

MVR9 RK3328 Nougat ROM by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is just a small bug with Youtube and Netflix because of the new Kodi changes.
    Will release an updated ROM around Thursday to fix everything.

Comment

New ROM released v1.8b
      https://mega.nz/#!oI93wK4D!E2W73wPfj0HkZscFsaNbPEGa9VXkSAzOSdLpFYnRFVk
      Pass: mvr9

- Fix Youtube, Netflix
      - Kodi 64-bit can now also play 23.976, 29.97, 59.98fps
      No need to deselect 0.47hz anymore
      Follow all previous steps to set up the whitelist in Kodi
      Bqeel MVR9 RK3328 Nougat Custom ROM v1.7b by mo123 - 05 Aug 2018 Changes v1.7b - 05-08-2018 - Fix Spotify issue - ROM version added - Fixed Bluetooth connection -

- Improved bluetooth headphone, speaker sound output quality
      - Add support for Magisk systemless root
      When opening the app, say Full install and after that install the other package it asks for then restart your device.
      You can hide apps that check root or Safetynet in MagiskHide

Do Eraseflash then Upgrade when flashing the firmware otherwise Google Play might have problems logging in.

Comment

I fixed the screensaver issue so the screensaver can turn on correctly now.
        Please post working screensaver/daydream apps I must include in the next ROM.

There will also be lots of Kodi improvements once I make an Android Pie firmware in 1-2 months.

I'm experimenting to see if I can make an Oreo firmware before that.

Latest LibreELEC also runs well now and supports HD Netflix, Amazon Prime Video addons.

Comment

Backdrop.apk - from Google
          500firepaper.apk - from Chainfire

Sorry can't check, no device now ))

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
            I fixed the screensaver issue so the screensaver can turn on correctly now.
            Please post working screensaver/daydream apps I must include in the next ROM.

There will also be lots of Kodi improvements once I make an Android Pie firmware in 1-2 months.

I'm experimenting to see if I can make an Oreo firmware before that.

Latest LibreELEC also runs well now and supports HD Netflix, Amazon Prime Video addons.
            Hi mo123
            Can you build your new rom for 4/64gb models. I have x88max+ and h96max + both are with 4/64gb. I need your costom roms actually everybody needs. No one develops new roms for 3328s except you. Thank you for your effort.

Comment

• mo123
              mo123 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't have those devices.
              If I make a ROM, the manufacturer should at least provide an Android SDK and a contact for support if I get stuck to help with problems.
              Then I also need a sample device to test if the firmware can boot and work.
              I don't have 20 hours to troubleshoot for free why firmwares don't boot on random devices with no support anymore.

Google also increased security a lot in newer OS's like Oreo, Pie, so it is now almost impossible to make custom firmwares for devices without source code, as firmwares will refuse to boot in most cases if you just change one file. The days of easy custom firmwares like in the past on KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow are gone now.

I will try to release my Oreo ROM by tomorrow. Still trying to add some extra fixes.
            Should work a lot better than Nougat.

Comment

Great news....

Comment

Anyone know of any free or open-source launchers that work well on tv boxes?
                And also static ones that don't have moving side screens if you swipe?

Nova launcher can't click on app icons in it's AppDrawer.
                Trebuchet launcher can't click on the App Drawer icon.

Comment

• gefattern
                  gefattern commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I use ApexLauncherClassic , nice Launcher many Settings , single Homescreen/Drawer possible , good luck / gefattern

MS launcher has some Interesting features

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks

I have Apex, Microsoft and Mi X Launcher now.
                  Think that should be enough.
                  Now I just need to test them and decide what is best to use.

Comment

New MVR9 Oreo Custom ROM v1.0 released.
                    Bqeel MVR9 RK3328 Oreo Custom ROM v1.2 by mo123 - 09 April 2019 Changelog v1.2 - Added power off icon - Added Screenshot function - Added Hide Bar function - Added Sleep function - Added Home menu to change launcher - Added USB menu - Added Hide navigation bar menu - Fix Kodi auto frame-rate switching, all frame-rates are

Comment

After flashing the rom 1.7b all i get is a blackscreen on both of my tvs (signal but black screen)

Comment

• mo123
                        mo123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not sure what causes that.
                        Did you do an EraseFlash?
                        Works correct for everyone else.

I have now installed the rom version 1.8b, it does perform pretty good compared to my old tv box, however i noticed the root function is not working or corrupted.
                      Sometimes when enabled it does take forever for the "grant root access" popup to appear other times nothing happens, it does not save granted requests. The SU binary is occupied.

Some apps like CPU Z and Buid.Prop (Jrummy) are not compatible with the device (lol), when using youtube vanced i cannot watch 4k content on my 4k tv it will start loading 2160p on click but no video only sound can be heard.

ill try to downgrade to 1.7b again (will use factory tool to format flash)

I do like the new app drawer and the statusbar, would be awesome if you could disable either the statusbar or navigation bar or both, as these elements cause lag on 4k tv with framerate interpolation when browsing youtube. Somehow the Ethernet feels slow, like i start background playback on youtube then come back after some time and it has to reload the video for 3-4 seconds before it does continue.

I used androidtool to upgrade firmware and it wont let me erase flash i will try the 1.7b maybe that fixes root?

Comment

• mo123
                        mo123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did you root correctly from Settings app - Developer Options instead of TVSettings(right side menu)?
                        Root is working correctly and you can unroot again too.

I have rooted using the full settings app in developer settings, box reboots, now there is superSU app and magisk app, if i go on supersu "binary occupied" if i go on magisk it does update the MagiskManager and then fails with the message "magisk not supported" please install newer magisk manually, app does close if i click ok

i will try 1.7 now again

Comment

Hy, i was so happy to found a better rom for the mvr9 box as this was installed by the manufacturer.
                        So i flasht it successfull without any problems. Thank you very much for this work with the rom. :-)

But i have one question about the launcher. i cannot change the apps in the boxes or place any widget, or also i want a different backgrount picture... i sech now about two day,s a customize able launcher and nothing work, or is very bad. This "hphtvlauncherex" is sure like i want, but i not understand how to do? I try,d serching in the net about, but nothing to find... :-(
                        Can anbody explane me how to do?
                        Sorry, my english is not so good, (but i hope everybody understand).

So, i looking forward and be happy if somebody answer me.

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You just press OK or DPAD_Center on the + sign to add extra apps or remove apps in every box.
                          In the app drawer, you can press the menu button to uninstall an app, get details or launch it on startup.
                          You can also use RKTVLauncher if you want a tv layout.
                      Working...
                      X