MX9 PRO TV Box RK3328 4/32GB Android 7 Dual WiFi Fast Lan BT4

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170505170658_27765.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	690582

MX9 PRO RK3328 Android 7.1 TV Box

Main Features:
    ● RK3328 4-core is rapid and stable, it can give you a high-speed feedback and smooth response
    ● Android 7.1, people can easily install or uninstall applications and games
    ● H.265 and H.264 decoding will offer you high definition pictures and movies
    ● Provide multiple interfaces. HDMI interface inserts LCD TV or other display devices with HDMI
    ● Supports high-speed WiFi 2.4 and 5Ghz and Bluetooth 4.1

Gearbest
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Today we can have a close look at the Big Brother of the 2/16 we reviewed awhile ago
    Thanks to Gearbest

All pretty much the same, with the exception of 4/32, Dual WiFi and BT4

Lets get into it.

The Box

What's in the Box

Port

Look under

Top PCB ok looking Heat sink

Under PCB

Base and Top
    Last edited by scooter2014; 12-02-2017, 02:16.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Lets checkout what it has to off and what it can do.
      Startup was good, Google login update apps etc all good.
      Usual WiFi and Ethernet working ok

This unit has No Upper or Lower Bars and has No Root.
      Temps also well not Hot but warmish.
      Remote works ok, as mentioned much the same as the 2/16 unit few excetions.

Lets have a look see

Startupo Wizard and UI 7 Frames.gif

System Info

No update yet

DRM Info L3

Ram and Storage Truth

Vellamo

CPU-Z 3 Frames

USB3 and USB2 test

Geekbench CPU > Full information >
      http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/5231996

Geekbench Compute

AIDA64 frames lots

Antutu

A1 SDBench

It appears to be ok for what it has to offer and if you're in need of a 4/32gb Unit
      Most Videos content play's fine as with most RK3328 they just lack a bit of power
      Pretty sharp Wedge look,
      Power button has a blue or red glow pending on its state

Again thanks to Gearbest
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hello,
        a bricked box came to me, MX9 PRO but don't know if it's 2/16 or 4/32, will post pictures.
        Box have no sign of life, no lights, no signal on tv, computer doesn't see it (power adapter is ok).
        I want to try to put it in MASKROM mode and flash the firmware with RK Batch Tool.
        I know that I have to short pins on the eMMC chip, but on this Toshiba chip (THGBMBG7D2KBAIL) pins are not visible.
        How can I get in to MASKROM mode?
        Maybe it is a hardware problem, and if it is where I have to look? Is there any fuse or something?
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Hello, I have this box 4/32gb! Does anyone knows if there is a way to root it? or if there is any rom for this box? thanks

Comment

Hi, can someone please tell me why Amazon Prime is constantly crashing on this wonderful device. Whenever, I click on play, it says "Prime App has Stopped." I was not able to find any resolution on internet. Surprisingly, it works fine on my other box Docooler M9S 3GB Ram version with Android 5.1. I really want to use my MX9 Pro box 4GB Ram version as it has Android 7.1.2 and has various features for my 4K TV but I m forced to use M9S as I really love Amazon Prime. Please Please help.

Comment

• mo123
              mo123 commented
              Editing a comment
              All other RK3328 devices with decent firmware already support Amazon Prime.
              You will have to nag the device manufacturer to release an updated firmware to fix it, if it's even possible to contact them.

Hey Mate..thanks for reply. Unfortunately, I don't know how to contact manufacturer.i contacted AliExpress seller but even he doesn't not know about it. Can you please advise of any custom firmware which supports Prime and I will install it myself. My box is 4gb and 32gb version.kindly extend your expertise

Comment

• mo123
              mo123 commented
              Editing a comment
              There is no custom firmware for your device.
              MVR9 Bqeel & Beelink A1 support Amazon Prime, but you risk bricking your device if flashing ROM's for different hardware.
              Make sure you have a backup of your stock firmware and know how to use MaskROM mode if you brick your device.

Thanks bro, I have sent an email to Rockchip and waiting for their response. If there is any favorable reply, I will share the same here to help those who are experiencing the same issue.

Comment

• mo123
              mo123 commented
              Editing a comment
              Rockchip can't help you, as they already make the latest source code available to all manufacturers.
              It's up to the manufacturers to update their firmware from the source code and make it compatible with their specific hardware.
              You can't add fixes to already compiled Android source code, only modifications.

Has anyone made a backup of the firmware for this device please ?

Comment

Mines totally bricked now. red light but not recognised over usb anymore. urgh

Comment

To recover my TvBoxMX9Pro. Look in notepad without link: (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bq85viy48...X9PRO.txt?dl=0)

Comment

Does anyone know how to do Root on this MX9 PRO TV Box RK3328 2/16GB Android 7
                  ? Thank you!

Comment

I have been able to install the new 7.1.2 firmware on the 4/32 MX9 PRO but without root I have no WIFI nor Bluetooth. It simply shuts off either once I try to start them.

Comment

Working...
                    X