H96 MAX - H1 TV Box RK3328 Android 7.1 4/32GB ROM Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alest79 View Post
    My H96 Max also shuts down randomly and it's annoying as hell.
    The heating problem was also present in the device. The problem was solved when the fan was installed.

Comment

A Fan? can u show me a pic of your modification?

Comment

3/1/2018 firmware

Comment

Thx just found the same here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inN7g9YrqZ8

Only i dont have a USB-USB male cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Devian View Post
            A Fan? can u show me a pic of your modification?

Comment

Oefff,,,, it's a solution for sure, but not a pretty one.
              How can they bring out such a device... amazing... China has many good Quality stuff but stuff like this brings down their name...
              In the past i also had the issue with MXQ S805 with FAKE 1GB RAM (which was 512MB when inspecting) and without any form of cooling. Completely worthless crap...

Comment

Hi, Has Devian tested the New Firmware Update mentioned above? If so, does this New Firmware Update solves H96 Max H1 (colorful edition) problems of crash continuously and randomly shut down after minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by trebor
                  H96 MAX H2 COLORFUL EDITION 4GB/64GB TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE 20180620

As Found

PC Flash Firmware

http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file..._20180620/file

Flash Tool

Driver Assistant

Source: blog.geekbuying
                  This ok to flash on 4gb 32gb no front display model?

Comment

• trebor
                    trebor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just realised it was the 64gb version, can't see why not, have a backup plan, and lets us all know

Tried opening the update file with 7zip and with winrar both say image file is corrupt

edit 1: never mind i got it

edit 2: flashing now

edit 3: booting / "Erasing"

edit 4: Finished booting, everything seems to be working properly
                  Last edited by xx8todiefor6xx; 07-18-2018, 04:43.

Comment

All Good Here
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                      All Good Here
                      UP AND RUNNING

With previous firmware when I would check Kernel Auditor it would show only two cores active and two offline (would have to turn them on manually after every boot). This new Firmware shows all four cores active without me needing to do anything.

also cpu frequency is actually at max where as before it wouldnt be.

CPU running at a 44.55 C with the replacement 28mmx28mmx12mm heatsink and 120mm usb powered fan I installed

Comment

All good
                        Hope performance is improved,
                        Make the unit more enjoyable/Usable
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

does this box come with gig lan as the title suggest or 100mbps lan as listed by gearbest?

Comment

I'd thought I'd share some of the changes I've made to fix some of annoying things with this box to make it better to use.

I've changed the launcher to the atv launcher from the play store. I've also used systemui tuner and switched to immersive mode to disable the nonfiction bar completely. Another app i found is called rotation orientation manager which will force apps into landscape this is handy for apps which try and run in portrait mode.

I've also disabled the on-screen keyboard on mine since it just gets in the way.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Could someone please tell me where to find the hard reset button? Mine was broken after 4 days of use, now only the red light stays on and nothing else. If i put my old tv box on the same adapter it is working so there is defenitly something wrong with the H96 Max.............

Comment

Working...
                              X